Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aegis
    Hi Thanks for the advice. I put off the buying of the 2nd battery 1st. Will see how's the play time and decide. Think will go and look for the lama today and if everything go smoothly, might get it today.
    Great! Let me know if you need help after you get your Lama.

Before your first flight, make sure there is totally no wind. Lama don't like wind at all. Even the ceiling fan is bad. Try in door if you can.
    Don't be dis-hearted if you clash it (I did) the first few time. Even though its a very stable heli, it still takes a bit of skill to get it up in the air and stay in the air.

Comment

Finally got my lama. Just try to discharge the battery by playing for a while, it's really hard to hover. Will try again when the battery is fully charge.

Good job Man!

You may need to trim it a bit to keep its heading and balance.
      My need to adjust the elevator servo link 2 half turns to keep it from flying forward with out my elevator input.

Comment

Haiz, it's really hard to keep it hovering. I need to find a bigger space to praticse. I try to do what you advise. If cannot then i have to shout for help.

Originally posted by hdellk
        Good job Man!

My need to adjust the elevator servo link 2 half turns to keep it from flying forward with out my elevator input.

Comment

Haiz, it's really hard to keep it hovering. I need to find a bigger space to praticse. I try to do what you advise. If cannot then i have to shout for help.

Trust me, one day you will find this real easy to hover.

Did you try on a simulator before? Where you get your Lama from?
          They proberly sells the simulator as well, $30+ only. And you can play it like a game.

Comment

I didn't try the simulator before. Got the lama from rotor and the uncle did introduce the simulator for me to try. Will try to play before decide whether i need the simulator.

Trust me, one day you will find this real easy to hover.

Did you try on a simulator before? Where you get your Lama from?
            They proberly sells the simulator as well, $30+ only. And you can play it like a game.

Comment

Word of Advise:

Even the Professional 3D flyer goes back to the simulator when trying out a new move !

....It's almost an essential learning tool !
              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

For the simulator, i need to connect my TX to computer right? I cannot seem to find that port on my TXDoes that mean i need to get another TX?

Comment

For the simulator, i need to connect my TX to computer right? I cannot seem to find that port on my TXDoes that mean i need to get another TX?
                  Oh, you got your Lama from Rotor. The simulator they sell contains a dummy Tx that has USB connector. It comes with a freeware simulator call FMS which you can d/l from internet for newer version. So it is all you need.

Comment

Thanks for the info.

Oh, you got your Lama from Rotor. The simulator they sell contains a dummy Tx that has USB connector. It comes with a freeware simulator call FMS which you can d/l from internet for newer version. So it is all you need.
                    Regarding this servo link, when you say turn 2 half turns, does this mean lengthen or shorten the length? My lama when take off from the ground always drift to the left and back. Is there any way to trim it cos try every mehtod i know(From RC car knowledge ).

Comment

Regarding this servo link, when you say turn 2 half turns, does this mean lengthen or shorten the length? My lama when take off from the ground always drift to the left and back. Is there any way to trim it cos try every mehtod i know(From RC car knowledge ).
                      I assum you push the Tx trim all the way right and forwards and yet the heli still drift to the left and back. Then the servo links are really set in the very worst position.

First center all the Tx trim. Then check by pushing the controls in the direction you always have to in prevent the heli from drifting and see the servo movements. This should give you the idea if you need to lenghten or shorten the servo links.

Where you stay? I maybe able to find some time in the evening to help you look at the heli.

SMS me at 97314955.

Comment

Working...
                      X