Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The "training kit" really helps for my case. Before that, I have tried to trim without it and crash many times. I have broke the two tail balancers in the process.

Now, with this Training kit, I feel safer... Hope can fly like what you mentioned; from room to room soon. Thanks.

Originally posted by pilot_bear
    i also have the training kit on while i started with the lama.
    you will be flying from room to room very soon.

Comment

Thanks hosch,

If not for your kind advise, I will never know it requires "power cycle" process for trimming the Esky's 4-in-1. All this while, I had been trying to trim with the Heli Rx/Tx "on" all the time. BTW, may I ask what is the reason for such a process? Please enlighten if possible. Thanks.

Originally posted by hosch
      Congrats on successfully modding the tx to mode 2
      Do remember that for trimming esky 4-in-1 a power cycle is required.. ie.

1. Test hover & observe the direction of spin.
      2. Disconnect the battery (impt! leave the tx ON).
      3. Adjust the trim.
      4. Connect battery back & let it heli initialize.
      5. Test hovering again.
      6. Rinse & Repeat until heli doesn't spin while hovering..

Comment

Originally posted by AnA
        Thanks hosch,

If not for your kind advise, I will never know it requires "power cycle" process for trimming the Esky's 4-in-1. All this while, I had been trying to trim with the Heli Rx/Tx "on" all the time. BTW, may I ask what is the reason for such a process? Please enlighten if possible. Thanks.
        You're welcome I guess this is by design.. Probably much cheaper and easier to implement for them. Ideally we would have a tx that can upload settings to the rx while the heli is hovering

Just in case people get misled, I might have used the term "trim" a little too loosely here, sorry about that In my earlier post, the adjustments should be made with a small screw driver to the knob on the 4-in-1 controller and not the tx rudder trimmer.. That trimmer is for finer adjustments and should be used in the way that you've described.

The best possible setup would be:
        1. 4-in-1 adjustment at "centre" position
        2. tx rudder trim at "centre" position
        because both motors will be giving maximum output.
        However this is unlikely due to some constraints like the fact that no two motors or electronic components are 100% identical..

Heh, no matter how well you manage to "trim" the heli, it will always require inputs to keep it stable and hover in one location. Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
          Hi Hosch,

Thanks for your input. I have search several shops at Sim Lim Tower (kind advise of Ang) and they do not carry this CX1117. May have to try again with other shops there. Also, you mentioned that some capacitor may have been dead. Could you advise me which one you meant, perhaps I can source for the component at the same time.

Thanks

w_kby
          Might have to order the component online or direct from the local distributor if you can find one. Otherwise can also try to source for a pin compatible IC with similar or better specifications (hmm wonder if Esky is willing to suggest?)

I mentioned capacitor because most regulator circuits include one across the +/- inputs of the regulator IC and unfortunately a lot of them cannot take reverse current.. However I have not studied the schematics of the 4-in-1 board before so sorry can't provide any further information..

Comment

Originally posted by hosch
            Might have to order the component online or direct from the local distributor if you can find one. Otherwise can also try to source for a pin compatible IC with similar or better specifications (hmm wonder if Esky is willing to suggest?)

I mentioned capacitor because most regulator circuits include one across the +/- inputs of the regulator IC and unfortunately a lot of them cannot take reverse current.. However I have not studied the schematics of the 4-in-1 board before so sorry can't provide any further information..

Hi Hosch,

Thanks for your input, esky is willing to repair for me if I pay for postage both way...and very long wait. I have tried asking for the schematic diagram but they cannot release.

Thanks just the same pal!

w_kby
            Heli
            Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
            Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
            Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
            Buggy
            Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
            Charger : Tahmazo T15
            Balancer : TP205
            Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

Originally posted by AnA
              Try to fly my Lama this afternoon. To my surpise it take a little longer for the 4-in-1 LED to turn green. I fly happy until the battery flat.

During the recharge of the battery, I decided to change my Tx from mode1 to mode2. Everything went smoothly.

When it was about time to test, the 4-in-1's LED always stay in red. Despite this, I still could control the servo thru the Tx but cannot activate the Throttle. Anyway, the LED is always red so I guess some is wrong with the handshake between the Tx and the 4-in-1 Rx. I have tried to plug out the Crystal for the Tx and plug it back to try, it fails to work, LED remains Red. Anyone encounter such problem before? Please advise if possible. Hope it is not due to the mod. Thanks.
              Having the same prob as u... can u explain more with regards to the tx connection? I also suspect the seller did not do a good job modding the txer from a mode 1 to mode 2...

Comment

The answer already in this thread...good luck...

"Got Check that both the Throttle and Throttle Trim are all Zero"

Originally posted by korcp
                Having the same prob as u... can u explain more with regards to the tx connection? I also suspect the seller did not do a good job modding the txer from a mode 1 to mode 2...

Comment

Working...
                X