Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LED always red during initialising

Try to fly my Lama this afternoon. To my surpise it take a little longer for the 4-in-1 LED to turn green. I fly happy until the battery flat.

During the recharge of the battery, I decided to change my Tx from mode1 to mode2. Everything went smoothly.

When it was about time to test, the 4-in-1's LED always stay in red. Despite this, I still could control the servo thru the Tx but cannot activate the Throttle. Anyway, the LED is always red so I guess some is wrong with the handshake between the Tx and the 4-in-1 Rx. I have tried to plug out the Crystal for the Tx and plug it back to try, it fails to work, LED remains Red. Anyone encounter such problem before? Please advise if possible. Hope it is not due to the mod. Thanks.

Got Check that both the Throttle and Throttle Trim are all Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by AnA
      Try to fly my Lama this afternoon. To my surpise it take a little longer for the 4-in-1 LED to turn green. I fly happy until the battery flat.

During the recharge of the battery, I decided to change my Tx from mode1 to mode2. Everything went smoothly.

When it was about time to test, the 4-in-1's LED always stay in red. Despite this, I still could control the servo thru the Tx but cannot activate the Throttle. Anyway, the LED is always red so I guess some is wrong with the handshake between the Tx and the 4-in-1 Rx. I have tried to plug out the Crystal for the Tx and plug it back to try, it fails to work, LED remains Red. Anyone encounter such problem before? Please advise if possible. Hope it is not due to the mod. Thanks.
      This is a safety feature of eksy 4-in-1 controllers.. It will not initialize unless the throttle is all the way down at 0 (trim can be other values as long as the result is 0 throttle).

You'll have to check your throttle connections and ensure that it is at 0. Perhaps try leaving the trim at centre and setting the throttle all the way up to check if it is connected in reverse

Just received my lama v3.. I'm already on my 8th charge it's really easy to fly compared to the honeybee! Good luck on your mod

Comment

Thanks guys, I have connected in reverse. Reconnect it and ok now. However, I still find it hard to trim.

Comment

I am on my 3rd charge and I still could not get it trim. The trimming part is really hard to master. Lucky that I never get the HBT, if not it is even worse. Guess I am a lousy Heli pilot...haha.

BTW, a little ashame to mention here, anyway, I have DIYed a training Kit (like Ping Pong Ball structure) for my Lama. Hope this speed up my piloting of this Heli.

Originally posted by hosch
          Just received my lama v3.. I'm already on my 8th charge it's really easy to fly compared to the honeybee! Good luck on your mod

Comment

AnA, what do u mean by u have connected it in reverse? U mean the lipo wires u connected it in reverse?

Cos i connected my lipo in reverse for my lama.. then after that, it couldn't throttle up le.. sadz...

Comment

I am refering to the Tx connection on the VR. I was doing mod on my Tx from mode1 to 2.

As for your case, sad to hear that. Normally if connect reverse from battery to the 4-in-1 Rx properbly will damage the Rx. Last time my friend told me he connected reverse once and the diode was burned and produced smoke.

I am not sure whether this 4-in-1 Rx come with any diode. But, I think I have read somewhere that it come with Mosfet Transistor and this component maybe damage. I am new to this, so maybe others could advise. Hope all turn out OK for your Rx.

Originally posted by tootyful
              AnA, what do u mean by u have connected it in reverse? U mean the lipo wires u connected it in reverse?

Cos i connected my lipo in reverse for my lama.. then after that, it couldn't throttle up le.. sadz...

Comment

Rx - still dead (wrong polarity)

So sad , I also did that stupid stuff recently and connected my Lipo in reverse polarity to the RX. Then something burned instantly and the Rx was dead.

The reason for connecting in reverse is that the battery from Himodel does not come with a connector but only seperate wires with black sleeves. Although the wires are coloured red and black, the sleeves are both black. Hence as I hold the wire with my fingers, the tip of the wire shows the colour of the black sleeve instead of the red wire and the rest is history......Should have changed to connectors in the first place.

"Ang" was very kind to offer some advise to me and he mentioned that the voltage regulator may be damaged "CX 1117". Tried but could not find this part in Sim Lim Square. Not sure were else to look...

Any others with similar experience to share? help?

w_kby
                Heli
                Honey Bee CP2 : Sold (Maiden:17 Dec 05)
                Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane
                Estarter : Align 450s, Align 25A, Electron 6 (Maiden :16 Sep 06)

PT-17w : Sold
                Buggy
                Acme NB 16 : Half 8 Nitro (Maiden :23 Dec 06)

Transmtter : JR PCM 9X II, Aggressor SRX
                Charger : Tahmazo T15
                Balancer : TP205
                Battery :Thunder Power, FullRiver, Warbird

Comment

wkby, my lama can still move its servos.. so the receiver is fine. How about yours?

The only problem with my lama is that it cannot throttle up. Haha, I think it's a burnt mosfet too.. but i suck at soldering. Don't want to spoil my board..

any helpful souls can help?? thks man

Comment

Originally posted by AnA
                    I am on my 3rd charge and I still could not get it trim. The trimming part is really hard to master. Lucky that I never get the HBT, if not it is even worse. Guess I am a lousy Heli pilot...haha.

BTW, a little ashame to mention here, anyway, I have DIYed a training Kit (like Ping Pong Ball structure) for my Lama. Hope this speed up my piloting of this Heli.
                    i also have the training kit on while i started with the lama.
                    you will be flying from room to room very soon.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
                    Robotis Bioloid
                    Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

wkby, my lama can still move its servos.. so the receiver is fine. How about yours?

The only problem with my lama is that it cannot throttle up. Haha, I think it's a burnt mosfet too.. but i suck at soldering. Don't want to spoil my board..

any helpful souls can help?? thks man

Hi Tootyful, I had 2 problems in fact. At first, I burn something on my Tx (doing experimentation). With a burned component on my Tx, I tried to activate my Rx just to check and realise that the servo moved but the throttle was not responding (just like you case). At that point in time, my Rx was still perfectly ok.

Then, I accidentally connected my Rx in reverse polarity and something elase instantly burn on my Rx. It completely black out. Now I can't even power up my Rx and my Tx is also out.

Hope others don't make such mistake...kinda hard to get over it especially when I have not really taken off the heli and in fact my heli structure is still good as new.....

Do share with me if you bum into a solution. In fact I wrote to esky and they are willing to repair for me FOC (I think) but need to send the parts back to them and pay for return postage. The whole process may take up to 5 months.

......still thinking. w_kby
                      Heli
                      Trex 450XL (CDE) : MM450TH, Quark 33A, GY401, JR RS10DS (Maiden : Align Frame - 1 Jul 06; SuperFrame - 29 Aug 06)

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Originally posted by AnA

Congrats on successfully modding the tx to mode 2
                        Do remember that for trimming esky 4-in-1 a power cycle is required.. ie.

1. Test hover & observe the direction of spin.
                        2. Disconnect the battery (impt! leave the tx ON).
                        3. Adjust the trim.
                        4. Connect battery back & let it heli initialize.
                        5. Test hovering again.
                        6. Rinse & Repeat until heli doesn't spin while hovering..

Of course, complications will come in and mess up the trim setting & cause the heli to spin in one direction:
                        1. Drop in battery voltage after flying for a while.
                        2. Uneven heating up of motors (notice how the rear motor has so little room to breathe?).
                        3. Heating up of 4-in-1 controller.
                        4. Crashing of heli causing blades to become bent.

There are also sideways, forwards/backwards movement that are due to other things if you really want a perfectly trimmed heli.. But don't give up coz with some practice you'll automatically be able compensate for the movement

Comment

Originally posted by w_kby
                          So sad , I also did that stupid stuff recently and connected my Lipo in reverse polarity to the RX. Then something burned instantly and the Rx was dead.

The reason for connecting in reverse is that the battery from Himodel does not come with a connector but only seperate wires with black sleeves. Although the wires are coloured red and black, the sleeves are both black. Hence as I hold the wire with my fingers, the tip of the wire shows the colour of the black sleeve instead of the red wire and the rest is history......Should have changed to connectors in the first place.

"Ang" was very kind to offer some advise to me and he mentioned that the voltage regulator may be damaged "CX 1117". Tried but could not find this part in Sim Lim Square. Not sure were else to look...

Any others with similar experience to share? help?

w_kby
                          Yes, let's all just be a little extra careful when plugging in the battery?

The 1st thing to do for such battery packs should be to solder on the correct connector and check the +/- polarity using a multimeter. No matter how careful one is human error is inevitable. In one instance I actually switched off my tx while my honeybee was still powered on It went full throttle immediately and spasmed like a flipping fish out of water. Luckily my gut reaction was to turn on the tx quickly and the 4-in-1 managed to detect the problem and shut down automatically..Fortuntely no damage was done in the end *phew*

w_kby When you connect the battery to the heli, there is no red led lighted or noticeable movement right? I would conclude that most prob the regulator is gone, maybe along with a capacitor in this case since no power goes to the 4-in-1. Have you tried Sim Lim TOWER instead of SLS? A knowledgeable shopkeeper helps a ton Another hurdle is to find someone who knows how to solder surface mount components - not easy IMHO.

The following datasheet may be useful for more details on the component:
                          http://www.si-core.com/product/CX1117-EN.pdf

Well, in the worst case, the whole 4-in-1 board would have to be replaced and sad to say it's going to cost quite a bit Check out the item (EK2-0705) on these pages:
                          http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...hp?cat=37&pg=1
                          http://www.hobby-lobby.com/cocolamaparts.htm
                          http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-H...-board-72-MHz/

Comment

mine 6 in 1 faulty as well. got light, from green to red, then constant blinking red. no movement of servos and throttle.
                            I change the RX to a Hitec RX, servos move, but throttle no movent.

Comment

Originally posted by hosch
                              Yes, let's all just be a little extra careful when plugging in the battery?

The 1st thing to do for such battery packs should be to solder on the correct connector and check the +/- polarity using a multimeter. No matter how careful one is human error is inevitable. In one instance I actually switched off my tx while my honeybee was still powered on It went full throttle immediately and spasmed like a flipping fish out of water. Luckily my gut reaction was to turn on the tx quickly and the 4-in-1 managed to detect the problem and shut down automatically..Fortuntely no damage was done in the end *phew*

w_kby When you connect the battery to the heli, there is no red led lighted or noticeable movement right? I would conclude that most prob the regulator is gone, maybe along with a capacitor in this case since no power goes to the 4-in-1. Have you tried Sim Lim TOWER instead of SLS? A knowledgeable shopkeeper helps a ton Another hurdle is to find someone who knows how to solder surface mount components - not easy IMHO.

The following datasheet may be useful for more details on the component:
                              http://www.si-core.com/product/CX1117-EN.pdf

Well, in the worst case, the whole 4-in-1 board would have to be replaced and sad to say it's going to cost quite a bit Check out the item (EK2-0705) on these pages:
                              http://www.hobbyjapan2000.com/store/...hp?cat=37&pg=1
                              http://www.hobby-lobby.com/cocolamaparts.htm
                              http://www.heliguy.com/Electric-RC-H...-board-72-MHz/
                              Hi Hosch,

Thanks for your input. I have search several shops at Sim Lim Tower (kind advise of Ang) and they do not carry this CX1117. May have to try again with other shops there. Also, you mentioned that some capacitor may have been dead. Could you advise me which one you meant, perhaps I can source for the component at the same time.

Thanks

w_kby
                              Heli

Plane

Buggy

Comment

Working...
                              X