Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trex 500 dfc head

Hi I will like to know if I can use the DFC head for FBL swashplate of Trex 500.

Your question is not very clear.
    Are you trying to use the DFC head with the swashplate that is meant for head with control arms (i.e. swashplate with four balls)?
    If this is your question, the answer is no.

Comment

Hi boss ok noted that means I need to change the DFC head again to FBL type.

Comment

Hi Hunkiedave,

Sharing my conversion of DFC to Standrad FBL Mixing Swash which I've had completed many yrs ago ...
        Option-1: Keep the DFC Main Rotor Housing and Rotor Grips w Grip Arms, change the DFC Main Shaft (140.4mm length) to Standard tpye (151.7mm length), add on new item "Mixing Base Assembly" H50127 (old 3G version w Control arms) and look for right size length linkage rods (I hunted fr FB system). Refer attachment photos for the setup...
        Option-2: Keep only the DFC Rotor Grips w Grip arms, chnage DFC Main Rotor Houisng to Standard Pro version (buld-in with Control arms), use Stadard Main Shaft (151.7mm length) and hunt for the right length linkage rods.
        Frankly speaking... I don't have any issues flying w DFC, bcz I've always maintained the ball link in good snap fit condition. In-fact I like it main rotor head's low CG design for better cyclic agility.
        I've had tried the both options, but finally sellected option-1 to fully salvage the DFC parts.
        If you ask me the opinion and result of this modified DFC setup,,, I can tell you it's now better than the original DFC design and even better than the stadard Protype rotor head (I've 5x Trex-500 heli)...
        Attached Files

Comment

• Hunkiedave
          Hunkiedave commented
          Editing a comment
          hi thanks for your tip, thats a great suggestion there!

At least now the forum is not that quiet anymore...

Comment

D pros of DFC is it low cg 4 better cyclic agility, but d cons is it short threaded portions on d linkage rod. W modified DFC mix swash setting, d thread matting @ d grip arm now is more than 6mm (triple than b4).
          DFC grip arm is a good stuff next 2 d new trex-600xn angular grip arm design (resloved pitch symmetry issue). 2 bad I hv only 1 set of DFC, if not I'll convert d others 4x 500 to "DFC Mix Swash" also...

Comment

Working...
          X