Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PCM : Erwin XL ultralight

Looks like a very new electric model..wonder if can get it ?

"Maiden flight with the prototype of Erwin XL ultralight in January 2012.
    Down on the right the first series model with painted wings"

Click image for larger version

Name:	7946764948_7064fc8539_c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	985150

Jonathan

Now the correct Electric Model

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	7946787416_5782f59fab_c.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	274.4 KB
ID:	972050

Comment

?995 and delivery Nov 12.. :p

Comment

Originally posted by rt9 View Post
          ?995 and delivery Nov 12.. :p
          Nice or not , good review ?
          ANyone getting one ?

Jonathan

Comment

PCM gliders

Hi,

we are dealer for PCM.at.

Please feel free to contact us if you are interested in any of their gliders. We can work something out for you.:smile3:

Regards,
            Asia Pacific Hobby Pte Ltd
            [URL="http://www.apachobby.com"]http://www.apachobby.com[/URL]

Enquiry Email:
            [EMAIL="info@apachobby.com"]info@apachobby.com[/EMAIL]

Comment

Originally posted by JYHELI View Post
              ANyone getting one ?

Jonathan
              this one is just a gigantic dlg. I think it is more for limited motor run competitions.

I am not sure it is suited for hotliner style flight or aerobatics.
              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

ANyone getting one ?

Jonathan
                a review i happened to come across

"This plane is one hunking piece of carbon and not 2.4 gig friendly.
                I flew it from 8 to 40 mph winds and it has the standard carbon joiners and steal ballast joiners. I flew the plane for 3 years and had one landing that cracked the fuse but I found through rcgroups a replacement fuse in Orange and just had two flights on it. On one insane flying day a turbulence ended it in a fence on the left wing. The wire cut a a two inch path in the wing. Mart fixed and it is as good as new ( even that the paint is not looking perfect but you don't notice it 3 feet away). I would say the plane is a 7/10. However, I am the only guy in the Bay area having one. .
                This plane is the most beautiful I ever had and you point it and it goes there and it thermals with the nice dihedral like the diggins. It is not a speed demon will not break the 45 sec barrier in f3f even if you put a rocket on it. It is also not good for hard DS the servos in the tail will not push the elevator up at certain speeds. It is the best allrounder that you can ever have and it is robust."
                Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                  a review i happened to come across

"This plane is one hunking piece of carbon and not 2.4 gig friendly.
                  I flew it from 8 to 40 mph winds and it has the standard carbon joiners and steal ballast joiners. I flew the plane for 3 years and had one landing that cracked the fuse but I found through rcgroups a replacement fuse in Orange and just had two flights on it. On one insane flying day a turbulence ended it in a fence on the left wing. The wire cut a a two inch path in the wing. Mart fixed and it is as good as new ( even that the paint is not looking perfect but you don't notice it 3 feet away). I would say the plane is a 7/10. However, I am the only guy in the Bay area having one. .
                  This plane is the most beautiful I ever had and you point it and it goes there and it thermals with the nice dihedral like the diggins. It is not a speed demon will not break the 45 sec barrier in f3f even if you put a rocket on it. It is also not good for hard DS the servos in the tail will not push the elevator up at certain speeds. It is the best allrounder that you can ever have and it is robust."
                  Sound like a good Glider to have

Comment

Sound like a good Glider to have
                    Perhaps you may want to contact Parsifal, he has an electric glider (F5J) he wants to let go of - if you are interested that is. It has been professionally built and tuned to "Perfect"-ion.
                    Irony = displaying enough parking coupons on your dashboard but getting fined for littering when you throw the stubs on the floor

Comment

Originally posted by pixeldixel View Post
                      Perhaps you may want to contact Parsifal, he has an electric glider (F5J) he wants to let go of - if you are interested that is. It has been professionally built and tuned to "Perfect"-ion.
                      No worry bro...thanks for the tips. I am good.

jonathan

Comment

Video

Some video for

Comment

Comment

My Erwin XL Ultrlight have arrived...but I am out of town till later this week.
                            Got my power systems on its way also.

Now I got to figure out what servos I should be using ......
                            Was thinking of using DIgital Servos on this one ...Any advantage for Gliders ?
                            I know for sure on Heli I only use digital....on my Taser it is all analog servos.

Anyone try this : Hitec RCD! Introducing HS-A5076HB Digital Slim Servo.
                            http://shop.rotor.com.sg/show-detail.asp?prodid={107D87E9-5FA1-49E7-A756-E45C59DE7696}&pn=2

The recommendation are :

Servos for the wing
                            Erwin XL slope:
                            Futaba S3150
                            Graupner DES 448

Erwin XL ultralight + elektro:
                            Dymond D60
                            Hyperion Atlas HP DS09SCD

Servos for the V-tail
                            Hitec HS65HB or MG
                            Robbe S3107 (weak)
                            Graupner DES 281 ; C2081 ; C261 (these servos will fit into the gap of the servo board)

Erwin XL ultralight Elektro
                            Dymond D60

Comment

Nice big plane!

Digital servos like same as in helis , faster refresh rate but its not so important as in helis where fast response are needed. Good analog servos like the D60 works very well. Some of the guys are using the D60 in very fast F5D planes so no worries.

We used to skip the hitec 5/125 wing servos as they used to not center well and strip gears easily. This new model looks better, cant comment as have not use it yet.

Yours is the ultralight version so keep it as light as possible and it will perform as it is designed to, skip all the servos that are more than 20grs. Use D60x6 as recommended in the build manual http://www.pcm.at/downloads/Bauanlei...BA_Engl-03.pdf for the ultralight.
                              www.facebook.com/groups/BRslopers
                              www.facebook.com/groups/SG.Fr3aK.League

Comment

Working...
                              X