Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by throttle View Post
    So the long 3mm screws are sold at jethobby?
    yes, just call them and ask b4 going

Comment

Any idea on why my glider will go vertical on full throttle. The motor is not power enough it came to a stall on air.

Any idea?

Also, how do you fix the plywood piece? you epoxied? will it be strong?

Comment

Any idea on why my glider will go vertical on full throttle. The motor is not power enough it came to a stall on air.

Any idea?

Most gliders are setup to go vertical when using full power. The idea is to get to height as quickly as possible. I normally push a little down elevator to control the climb. Or mix the elevator with the throttle. If you have motor that is able to pull your glider vertical, the setup can be expensive or have bigger motor and big lipo which will equal to more weight.

Comment

Fixing of plywood peice for Phx 2k

Any idea?

My original plan was to use the 5 min epoxy to glue the plywood "firewall" to the plastic fuselage, it came undone later, so I just leave it,..the entire setup is held together by the mounting screw, so the setup will be something like this...the plywood will be sandwiched between the mounting screws with washers , the plastic fuselage the metal fuselage and finally the motor, in that order (check the pic I posted to see what I mean), so its not going anywhere. If u are abit kiasu, u can always add alittle thread lock to seal the deal.

Comment

plywood piece

Originally posted by dloh View Post
            My original plan was to use the 5 min epoxy to glue the plywood "firewall" to the plastic fuselage, it came undone later, so I just leave it,..the entire setup is held together by the mounting screw, so the setup will be something like this...the plywood will be sandwiched between the mounting screws with washers , the plastic fuselage the metal fuselage and finally the motor, in that order (check the pic I posted to see what I mean), so its not going anywhere. If u are abit kiasu, u can always add alittle thread lock to seal the deal.
            correction...

,..the entire setup is held together by the mounting screw, so the setup will be something like this...the plywood will be sandwiched between the mounting screws with washers , the plastic fuselage the METAL DISC BRACKET and finally the motor, in that order ...so far, no proplem with this setup

Comment

I see, so what did you use to cut the fuselage open and how many mm did you leave to epoxy the plywood and the fuselage, also are the plastic fuselage and plywood can be seal or you screwed it together?

Comment

I see, so what did you use to cut the fuselage open and how many mm did you leave to epoxy the plywood and the fuselage, also are the plastic fuselage and plywood can be seal or you screwed it together?
                I did not cut the fuselage open, like I mentioned on my earlier post, when I installed Emax GT2218/09 1100KV Outrunner Brushless Motor (after my stock motor was burned), for reasons unknown (maybe overheat), the motor spin inside fuselage and make a need cut through the fuselage, so just to make everything simple....entire mount is secured by the mounting screws..no epoxy whatsoever, to me thats enough since this method of securing hasnt come apart yet...plus the fact that now my motor is outside/infront of the fuselage, no more overheating issue.

One last time, Motor (outside), then metal bracket, then fuselage, then plywood disc, and lastly mounting screws with washer,..mounting screws will be from inside fuselage (BTW entire mount is secured by 2 mounting screws with washers..of course the screws are longer than those that come with kit to ensure everything is securely fastened together)

Comment

Originally posted by dloh View Post
                  I did not cut the fuselage open, like I mentioned on my earlier post, when I installed Emax GT2218/09 1100KV Outrunner Brushless Motor (after my stock motor was burned), for reasons unknown (maybe overheat), the motor spin inside fuselage and make a need cut through the fuselage, so just to make everything simple....entire mount is secured by the mounting screws..no epoxy whatsoever, to me thats enough since this method of securing hasnt come apart yet...plus the fact that now my motor is outside/infront of the fuselage, no more overheating issue.

One last time, Motor (outside), then metal bracket, then fuselage, then plywood disc, and lastly mounting screws with washer,..mounting screws will be from inside fuselage (BTW entire mount is secured by 2 mounting screws with washers..of course the screws are longer than those that come with kit to ensure everything is securely fastened together)
                  Thanks bro...

Im thinking of fiberglassing the nose intead as for now the only prob i have ia vibration on full throttle, but sometimes it vibrates sometimes it did not, so i guess the nose where to motor is mounted is flexing.

Comment

vibration

Thanks bro...

Im thinking of fiberglassing the nose intead as for now the only prob i have ia vibration on full throttle, but sometimes it vibrates sometimes it did not, so i guess the nose where to motor is mounted is flexing.
                    ..sometimes,...only sometimes vibration occurs when prop is unbalance...I dont know about folding prop,..maybe something to consider.

Comment

Identify the prob, my firewall broke.

Comment

Identify the prob, my firewall broke.
                        What materials do you need and steps needed to glass the nose?

Comment

I just use the plywood ..just screwed it at the back.

Comment

Hi, anyone have any idea the shaft diam? My prop flew out and need to buy replacement but don't know the shaft diam of my motor.

Comment

Working...
                            X