Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi kiply , long time no see , thanks for your tip ( can't believe i spend a whole day assembling my glider and its still not ready .) . Erm from what i have heard by watching pple fly and according to pang ,when your glider hit a thermal , your gilder will be pushed up by the thermal . You can't see thermal so you have to watch the reactions of your glider . If it suddenly float upwards it means there's a thermal there . Please correct me if i'm wrong . By the way are the settings for glider on the tx the same as heli ?

Comment

Originally posted by TWE75 View Post
      Hi kiply , long time no see , thanks for your tip ( can't believe i spend a whole day assembling my glider and its still not ready .) . Erm from what i have heard by watching pple fly and according to pang ,when your glider hit a thermal , your gilder will be pushed up by the thermal . You can't see thermal so you have to watch the reactions of your glider . If it suddenly float upwards it means there's a thermal there . Please correct me if i'm wrong . By the way are the settings for glider on the tx the same as heli ?
      You can try to catch a thermal by trial and error, but looking out for visible signs will help eg. birds flying. It's true, if you hit a thermal your glider can go up and up, simply because hot air rises. You can imagine thermals like spinning tornados, although at very much slower speed. Experienced flyers use advanced settings like camber, reflex and crow to manage flying in thermals, like moving from one thermal to another. BTW, i'm not claiming to be an expert on this subject, there are more knowledgeable bros out there, so hopefully they can share a bit here and there.

TX settings for glider are definitely not the same for heli. You can either choose Glider or Acro mode. If you have a six channel rx, you can try allocating ailerons on separate channels, and flaps in Gear channel using Y lead. With ailerons in separate channels, enable Flaperons in your radio so you can have more programming options, like aileron differential.
      Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

The best way to find thermal is look for birds circling the sky. They are masters of thermalling. Other ways of hunting for thermal are looking at the terrain, buildings. Fit streamers on your antenna and observe the direction. Sometimes you will see the streamer flying upwards indicating thermal near you.

Equipment that helps you to find thermal are vairometer that relay beep to receiving walkie talkie. Tells you of your height, tone that tells you climbing or dropping. Careful, when you get caught in a big thermal, it get high very quick and you find that you speck your glider and you could loose range. Getting out of the thermal is also a great challenge. Some had the wing broken trying to get out. This year over bedok slope a brother drain his rx battery trying to come down when he deploy his butterfly to loose height.

There are DVD that teaches you how to find thermal. Go buy and share with your gang. They very good.

R/C soaring, rc glider, and rc sailplane training, instructional and entertainment videos, DVDs and downloads for the model rc airplane glider pilot.

Comment

Thanks both of you for your invaluable advice ( esp chaidennis abt strong thermal make me think twice abt going into a thermal :P ) . Is it ok for a newbie to fly his glider at low height like slightly above head lvl to learn and get use to it ? I'm scare of it getting caught in the trees or structures in case i lost control of it .

Comment

Have someone who flys well to stand beside you. If anything happen, he can talk to you or even take over control. Personally I feel glider is the best for training, why? You climb, cut power and it slowly glide down, power up again and repeat. Unlike other planes, you need power all the time. I setup timer on my radio, 30sec of power and 30min of gliding. No need to charge lipo. haha i very lazy to charge lipo.

Comment

Personally, i think this phoenix glider might not be suitable for newbies, especially if you are thinking of flying just above your head. Furthermore, this glider has flaps, and improper use can lead to stalling. If you are new to planes, and there is no one to fly with you, better to get a cheap beginner plane to learn basic controls, trimming and flight patterns.
              Beastx installed and flying ...

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comment

2 weeks before this phoenix2000 hit the shores , i actually pmed a seller to buy his 2nd hand cloudfly . But somehow our timing always doesn't tally and he keep telling me to wait for his sms but i always have to remind him and his last msg was he was going oversea . Now since this phoenix arrived first that's why i decide to use this to learn . i did practise abit on the sim and was having some difficulty trying to make the glider turn . So recently i always try to go to any ff ( esp seng kang ) to see how pple fly their plane/glider and to pick up some tips ( intended or not intended for my ears :P ). But don't worry i will try to find someone good in planes at least to guide me to fly .

Comment

Phx 2K PnP

I bought mine from HK, the price was decent, with shipping plus 6 Turnigy micro servo, the price came to be equal to JetHobby PnP ver, but the question remains, shd I just use the stock servos and trust our Ah Thoing bros workmanship or strip all those no name blu servos and replace them with metal or somewhat more decent ones,..any of u out there like Russian roulette

Comment

Erm whats wrong with those no name blue servos ? I actually pry them out , re-align then glue them back . Most probably i will use tape to tape them in as a safety feature so they will not drop out in mid air .

I also only have 2 extra servos to use so i will try the stock one first to see how . Cos they look and sound pretty normal when i tried to move and re-align them . But haven maiden yet as i haven finish building them yet , my first plane so theres many things that i'm not pretty sure still .

Comment

Can anyone who have a phoenix2000 tell me how to mount the red spinneret ? Do you just have to push it into the motor shaft and thats it ? Cos i don't see any holes for additional screws to go in .

And if you just have to push the red spinner in then will the red spinner fly out when you are flying it ? Or after you push it in , you tighten the nut inside the red spinner ? And whats the use of the wooden backplane that its supplied with ?

Comment

hmmm

bro i personally dont own this plane but i found a clip for u that might be helpful.

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

regarding the spinner, i think u put the black backplate, put the folding prop, tighten the bolt, put the red spinner and screw using the 2 screws. i think that should be it but i havent see it before. hehehe and the wooden plate is for u to mount the red spinner if u want to use it as a pure unpowered glider... i think so. hehehe

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                        sigpic

Comment

red spinneret

Can anyone who have a phoenix2000 tell me how to mount the red spinneret ? Do you just have to push it into the motor shaft and thats it ? Cos i don't see any holes for additional screws to go in .

And if you just have to push the red spinner in then will the red spinner fly out when you are flying it ? Or after you push it in , you tighten the nut inside the red spinner ? And whats the use of the wooden backplane that its supplied with ?
                          The setup is about the same with Kinectic 800 or Multiplex Merlin, there r 2 small screws on the cone, unscrew, you will see a nut, turn counter clockwise to insert setup into the shaft, leave some space between the motor and back of spinneret, if this is your 1st bird, you should try something of a smaller scale just imho

Comment

Thanks alot dloh , i thought of that before i buy this but i already have a heli which i am still learning to hover plus this 2m bird , my room has hardly any space for a third bird of glider size . At the very most maybe i will buy the sky surfer which i saw in aerosmith almost rtf but still have to buy receiver cost another bomb again .

Comment

hmmm

bro remember, the bigger the size, the easier it is to fly... 2m is a very good size for better orientation if u can muster the courage to fly it...

romihensem " Back In Business "

Flying is all that matters...
                              sigpic

Comment

KDS Tx n Rx

Thanks alot dloh , i thought of that before i buy this but i already have a heli which i am still learning to hover plus this 2m bird , my room has hardly any space for a third bird of glider size . At the very most maybe i will buy the sky surfer which i saw in aerosmith almost rtf but still have to buy receiver cost another bomb again .
                                Like I said b4, KDS TX only cost $129, can use up to 7 Rx, Rx cost $55 ea, thats the low end of TX but serves the purpose if u dont fly too far, Merlin is the mini ver of Phx 2k (and Kinectic 800 is the cheaper ver of Merlin. Swift is the cheaper ver of Kinectic 800...etc) and I think Phx 2k is a copy of Multiplex easy glider, this type of glider cuts the wind as if its not there, even the smaller ver, I know cuz I always fly at Tampines field and the wind can be quite strong later the evening, what I am saying is u might want to get used to the characteristic of this type of glider, get the smaller ver first to get a feel of what it can do cuz it can get real fast(depending on the dir of the wind) real quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X