Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for info on 2M power glider

Need dear members help.

Looking for a 2meter power glider, fast, thermal, any type. Just two criteria, two piece main wing and detachable tail surfaces, for easy transport.

A friend recommends the “PAPRIKA”, this looks good. But wanted to know the other options before I decide.

Thanks.
    Share the joy of flying . . .

Paprika is supposed to be a 1-piece wing but because of it's length, most of us have opted not to epoxy the wings together. Also, the V-tail on the Paprika is not removable. You might want to try the Tumeric from SHS although the wing is shorter than the Paprika.

Comment

Looking for a 2meter power glider, fast, thermal, any type. Just two criteria, two piece main wing and detachable tail surfaces, for easy transport.

2m power glider ( many many )

fast : consider fast liao

thermal: confirm can

2 piece wing : yupz 2 piece

tail remove?: most cannot

flaps: yes

so which one? mini graphite ----ask hawkeye

the million dollar question is how much you willing to spend.
      the mini G air frame is 300 plus euros

another good glider but 2.6 meter is the multiplex cularis

pros: 2 piece wing, remove tail (yes) foamy

fast: dont think so
      thermal: yes
      flaps : yes

repairable? with CA only... confirm yes.

and most of all not expensive
      i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

good info ... keep it coming ...

Comment

If you're on a budget, like i am, the speedy from jet is not a bad option. I see it as a trainer to faster gliders. It doesnt thermal cause of its weight but can dive. Landings are a headache but for the price its more than i can ask for. Its 1.6m only though.

Comment

Whats your All Up flying budget......ie: when its up inthe air....how much you willing to spend(including batteries, motor, esc etc...).....I can itemize a list for you based on what you looking for..

Let me tell you.....the plane is the cheapest part....

The flying experience....priceless......
            Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

true... plane is cheap

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkeye
                Whats your All Up flying budget......ie: when its up inthe air....how much you willing to spend(including batteries, motor, esc etc...).....I can itemize a list for you based on what you looking for..

Let me tell you.....the plane is the cheapest part....

The flying experience....priceless......
                Have not thought of that. Hum … let say for the Paprika.

And which type does the Paprika belongs to, warm liner / hot liner?

One thing for sure is that cost goes up exponentially against speed, right?

Comment

I think it's a "below-warm" liner.

Originally posted by VinCopter
                  Have not thought of that. Hum … let say for the Paprika.

And which type does the Paprika belongs to, warm liner / hot liner?

One thing for sure is that cost goes up exponentially against speed, right?

Comment

its a glider.. not even warm.. the wings will fold if you push too hard.

Comment

Like I said lor, "below-warm" liner.

Originally posted by fuse
                      its a glider.. not even warm.. the wings will fold if you push too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by $h@d0w
                        Like I said lor, "below-warm" liner.
                        Below warm-liner. What type of moves can it do without folding?

BTW, saw you post in RCG. Congratulation on your maiden on X’mas day.

Can share what’s your setup?

Comment

My setup :

Motor : Z3019-10
                          Prop : Aeronaut 11x7 folding
                          ESC : HXT 80A
                          Battery : Air Thunder 3S1P 2200mAh
                          Receiver : AR7000
                          Servos : 6 x HS-65
                          BEC : HXT 3A BEC
                          Spinner : 40mm

What type of moves? I dunno. I just punch the throttle and let her go up and up till I'm comfortable with the height, kill throttle, set switch with a little down flaps and let her glide. No dive at the moment.

Originally posted by VinCopter
                          Below warm-liner. What type of moves can it do without folding?

BTW, saw you post in RCG. Congratulation on your maiden on X’mas day.

Can share what’s your setup?

Comment

"Cost goes up exponentially with speed"

Not entirely true.....you have to look at the total process of getting there.

You can start with a cheap airframe....but it may not handle the power to go fast....so you sell it and get another more expensive airframe....than you sell that and you get a more expensive stronger one.... By doing this you may have spent more money than jus saving up to get that 1 good airframe...This is one scenario..

Another scenario.....which I highly recommend is this....

1. Try sport gliding...find a plane with ailerons and elevator. It will get you started in the usual basic aerobatics. unlimted vertical climbs...screaming dives and the occasional thermal floating around..sort of an all round activity. 500W to 1000W..should get your heart rate up....My first glider was a Tumeric....$330 with 350W Tamazo motor, prop and spinner.....4 HS65 HB servos...40amp esc and 1 pack of TP 3s 2200mah...Taught me all about setting up v tails and flying characteristics of gliders....this puppy flies damn fast but yet glides like a charm...you can land her right at your feet everytime....all up flying weight about 850 grams. Only issue is putting the wings togther....do it wrong and you got a twisted wing...but it will teach you how to build properly and accurately...the wing joints need some reinforcement though.

Than once you get really bored with that......try hotlining.....

2. Hotlining. - Ballastic 2-3 sec climbs....screaming dives and laps without power....1000W and above.....I have heard up to 6000W in one 2M airplane...A good plane to start off with is the $300 fvk Bandit....fibreglass fuse... Foam core wings sheeted with fibreglass and balsa and monokote...it can handle up to 2000W...An acquaintence of mine in Philippines commented it climbs faster than it dives... He had a Neu 1509/1.5D with a 6.7 gearbox($500 bucks) and running on 4S....Yes the motor and gearbox is expensive...but youd not get a better more lasting, more robust motor than a neu...made like an american truck....you can alwasy go with lesser motors..up to you..but think longevity and choose a motor that can grow into a stronger airframe....

SO start small start cheaper.....than move up....BUY what you need like you gonna fly them forever.....not crash them on the first flight....makes a lot of difference in how you eventually approach buying, building and flying. Most crashes are due to poor piloting.......and poor building....

My old school instructor once told me.....you got to be a builder...than a pilot....The more expensive the airframe..the more care and meticulous detail required to build....you got make sure everything is near perfect....including no play or slop in the control surfaces...At high speed dive....slop can flutter your control surface and cause your whole plane to disintegrate....so dont play play...You have to select the right strength servo and glue them in correctly, you got to use the right type of control horns, you got to use the right diameter of steel cable for pushrods, you got to know here to reinforce your airframe so that you wing does not seperate form the fuselage, you got to install and reinforce the motor mount so that your motor does not eject form the plane...(dont laugh..it happened to me...not fun seeing your glider fall from the sky with motor hanging from the nose...on the maiden flight)...all this meticulous building details and steps will guarantee that your plane holds up well and stays afloat if you plan to put lots of power in your plane for ballistic performance.
                            Do you feel the RUSH....!!!!

Comment

great input.

Comment

Working...
                              X