Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice Julian,

These are some pointers;

You may want to carve the nose from balsa as it will see the most abuse. Foam nose will not last and difficult to cover with film.

Have you glue down the tailboom yet? It'll be easiar to glue down the V-tail fins to the carbon tail boom and glue it down the fuselage at the last part. I usually finish the wings and mount them on the fuselage before installing the tailboom/v-tail assembly, so that I can use the wings to 'eyeball' the alignment before glueing it down permanently.

Do not install the servo until you found the best way to run the 2 pushpull wire without binding. I glue a piece of balsa under each servo to raise them so that the servo horns points downwards.

Comment

Do not install the servo until you found the best way to run the 2 pushpull wire without binding. I glue a piece of balsa under each servo to raise them so that the servo horns points downwards.
      Thanks Joe! I will use this trick. I was thinking of it just now.

What do you use to power the electronics on the Bug?

Another wing is made....... this one I was in full focus, ignoring hunger and need to go toilet....2 hrs straight! If I work llike that in my workplace I think I can work a 3 day week!

Will complete the other wing....on monday.

"Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

I only use a single cell 3V camera battery (photo lithium). Good enough for micro size gliders like this.

Comment

Punggol Field Walk - Precision Landing Required!

Comment

Julian,

Quick! Finish it up, I got really good thermal on high-start. See my report on the other thread on Hi-start!

Comment

Argh. Ok.

I aim to finish by this week ok?
              "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

hey Julian, nice bug so now u r into balsa! very tempted to try too

Comment

Hello bigkid.

I still haven't give up on Coroplast yet. Got another 1.2 m flying wing in the works to replace my old one. I have drawn out the folding and cutting lines on the coroplast and on google sketchup already!

But compared to coroplast, where I can finish a flying wing in 3 hrs (my fastest was a mugi in 1.5 hrs), balsa really makes me sweat! I was hunched over the wing for a long time!

Comment

well i'am still having fun wif coroplast, depron and blue core foam! will try the bug later, now working on the nano shark

Comment

Hi guys; I'm thinking of using a cordless phone battery to power the receiver in the bug.

Did a couple of other experiments - e.g. AAA batteries (too big). using a23 batteries (too low capacity + must use bec)

What do I do to charge it?

Must buy dc adaptor? Thanks.

Comment

I use the 150mAh 4.8v NiMh from Rotor... Charge using my Tahmazo T15 at 0.1A (lowest possible charge current).

Note that someone else had some prob with this same batt (Wei Yao, I think). I cycled my a few time before use and can safely get 30min of SALg with the Bug. Only complain is that this batt is too light and nose wt is req.

MSC also mentioned in the nano falcon thread that he got 1/2AAA or was it 1/3AA cells from batt shop at SLT basement to solder his own packs....

Comment

Bro,

I use 2 Energizer Lithium photo batteries (CR2) in series to give me 6v direct to my rx. Just make sure your rx can take this voltage.

They're not rechargeable but usually these batteries can last me a season with over 5hours of flight time (never really time, but it lasts me a season)

Cheers
                          Adnan
                          Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                          ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                          Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Ok I will go back and test em out. Reason for this is that I bought a 6v photo lithum and the thing seemed to run out after a while. As in; it can't power my spektrum rx. (fails to switch on and synchronize).

I guess can just go buy another one - but still must try it out.

Comment

ahhh ic, spektrum rx are more sensitive to voltage fluxuations as compared to normal rx.

All the best dude.

Cheers
                              Adnan
                              Take what you've got and fly with it - Jim Henson
                              ... no plane will allow a pilot to recover from stupid. You still have to do those piloty things... - Joe Wurts
                              Electric things run on smoke. Let the smoke out and they won't work.

sigpic

Comment

Bug is done!

Going to do some chuck tests tomorrow.

Boy, covering the wing was a NIGHTMARE! For a first time, I thought it would go more smoothly!

At least I learnt basics of making built-up wings....

I made a battery pack out of 3 AAA batteries...

Comment

Working...
                                X