Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nic
    changed the roller clutch/one way bearing...

still no help.
    confirmed it can spin very well without engine installed (cause I initially fixed the one way bearing the wrong way round so the motor just spin and spin and spin.....)

so the last thing is.. the starter is too weak for the engine... but the engine is suppose to be a drop in module... designed specially to adopt the ezstart2, including even the glow plug LC3 that has a head just like the Traxxas's

gosh..
    Look's like your new engine's too tight. Maybe loosen the glow plug a bit when you start to reduce the compression. If still cannot, remove it completely (make sure there's nitro inside or squeeze a bit of afterun oil/singer oil for proper lub) and then crank it. This will help to loosen the sleeve somewhat.

When I tried to break in my OS.12 TR, even with my box starter, the piston got stuck. You can imagine how tight it is.
    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

I haven't try loosening the engine.. but I am pretty sure my piston is still dry when I look inside today....

But how come the Ezstarter seem to need charging up or something.... I need to let it rest a while before it can spin the engine... I tried recharging the batery stick.. not much help...
      huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
        I haven't try loosening the engine.. but I am pretty sure my piston is still dry when I look inside today....

But how come the Ezstarter seem to need charging up or something.... I need to let it rest a while before it can spin the engine... I tried recharging the batery stick.. not much help...
        Think the motor's just not strong enough to crank a stuck piston. Like I told you, even my box starter can't unstuck my new .12. It's powered by twin 540 motors and 12V!

Just remember to lub the piston.
        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

I loosen the plug.. and it seem to be better now...

New prob.... engine got flooded because Ezstart didn't heat up the LC3 plug hot enough....

Going to try with my glow heater in the next attempt....

Still cannot then I have to look into investing on a pull start leow...
          huh

Comment

just grab a starter box la..
            issue solved.. will join you soon ....i'm gluing my truggy wheels ... proline 40 class... very very nice. ( mbx5-TR-prospec)
            i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by nic
              I loosen the plug.. and it seem to be better now...

New prob.... engine got flooded because Ezstart didn't heat up the LC3 plug hot enough....

Going to try with my glow heater in the next attempt....

Still cannot then I have to look into investing on a pull start leow...
              Can try cranking up the engine without the glow plug first to seat in the piston. Make sure there's lubricant or nitro inside first and cover the heat sink coz plenty of nitro will fly out.

Then you can try with the plug and heater on, fully tighten and then loosen 1/2 to 1 turn.

If everything fail, I think pull starter is the way to go.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
                just grab a starter box la..
                issue solved.. will join you soon ....i'm gluing my truggy wheels ... proline 40 class... very very nice. ( mbx5-TR-prospec)
                T-Maxx can't use starter box. Can't reach the flywheel.

Comment

Yar... I was looking high and low and can't fgure out how to use a starter box on that Tmaxx ....

gosh.. should have got a Revo....
                  huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                    Yar... I was looking high and low and can't fgure out how to use a starter box on that Tmaxx ....

gosh.. should have got a Revo....
                    Revo needs a special starter box coz the engine is banked at an angle. Might be able to use a hand starter though.

Comment

Here's the final fix:

#1) EzStart motor too weak to overcome the compression: loosen the plug
                      #2) Ezstart Glow heater too weak to heat up the OS LC3 plug... the plug didn't even glow... Used a glow starter.
                      #3) I started the engine at 2.5 turns (1 extra turn from factory setting)... the engine don't like it.... Got it started at 2 turns...

Somehow.. the first tank, I have to keep the Glow heater plug on to the engine... or it will stall... 2nd tank I could start the engine just by using the Ezstarter alone. 3rd tank (after cooling)... I needed the glow heater again... but this time I only need to keep it on for about 1 min.

Still running in.... and tuning the high speed needle...
                      huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                        Here's the final fix:

#1) EzStart motor too weak to overcome the compression: loosen the plug
                        #2) Ezstart Glow heater too weak to heat up the OS LC3 plug... the plug didn't even glow... Used a glow starter.
                        #3) I started the engine at 2.5 turns (1 extra turn from factory setting)... the engine don't like it.... Got it started at 2 turns...

Somehow.. the first tank, I have to keep the Glow heater plug on to the engine... or it will stall... 2nd tank I could start the engine just by using the Ezstarter alone. 3rd tank (after cooling)... I needed the glow heater again... but this time I only need to keep it on for about 1 min.

Still running in.... and tuning the high speed needle...
                        Looks like you're well on your way..... That's nitro man.....but nothing beats the sound and smell!

Comment

Well.. thanks so much for all your help... wouldn't have known what went wrong by myself... (esp Mad Armour and Fuse!!)
                          huh

Comment

cool

my truggy is almost ready as well...

we then can play MT together!!!

Comment

someone must have been playing at that field because I spotted a ram there....

but... i still need to run in and tune my engine...
                              huh

Comment

ah ha.. i spotted the ram there too and thought of yoou

Comment

Working...
                                X