Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traxxas EzStart Probs

Hi... I have been having probs with my ezStart....

When I first got it.. it could run the Engine non-stop.... as in... rotate the engine for a prolong peroid of time...

Last month when I try it... it could only rotate the engine for about 8 sec before stoping than I need to let it rest... before it can go another 8 sec... (then I was having engine probs....)

Now having replace a brand new engine...
    My Ezstart can only give the engine 1 rotation before the motor light go off... as if the engine is flooded... but rest assure.. the fuel have even reach the engine..... After each attemp, I have to let it rest for about 30 sec before it has power enough to give the engine another single rotation...

Does anyone with Traxsxas ezstart has similar probs or heard of similar prob?

I think I want to start calling it Hard-Start...
    huh

either the battery is dead or the ezstart motor is dead or the new os engine compression too strong.
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

i also have a problem using u starter box to start my mp7.5. the new engine piston is too tight. can i loosen the glow plug a bit ?
      Sanwa M8 Version 3

Kyosho Inferno777 SP2 WC/STS21D

Comment

yes you can . lossen abit

Comment

Originally posted by nic
          Hi... I have been having probs with my ezStart....

When I first got it.. it could run the Engine non-stop.... as in... rotate the engine for a prolong peroid of time...

Last month when I try it... it could only rotate the engine for about 8 sec before stoping than I need to let it rest... before it can go another 8 sec... (then I was having engine probs....)

Now having replace a brand new engine...
          My Ezstart can only give the engine 1 rotation before the motor light go off... as if the engine is flooded... but rest assure.. the fuel have even reach the engine..... After each attemp, I have to let it rest for about 30 sec before it has power enough to give the engine another single rotation...

Does anyone with Traxsxas ezstart has similar probs or heard of similar prob?

I think I want to start calling it Hard-Start...
          Yup, got this problem once. Open up the EZ Start gearing and check for stripped gears. Clean the gears and grease it. Test the motor without load to see if it's OK.

And then there's the batt issue.....

BTW, wat engine has you settled on?
          For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by neo
            i also have a problem using u starter box to start my mp7.5. the new engine piston is too tight. can i loosen the glow plug a bit ?
            One trick is to remove the glow plug (make sure there's nitro inside the engine) and start cranking it. This will help to smoothen the piston for easier starting. Remember to use your hand to cover the heat sink coz nitro will fly everywhere from the glow plug hole.
            For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
              Yup, got this problem once. Open up the EZ Start gearing and check for stripped gears. Clean the gears and grease it. Test the motor without load to see if it's OK.

And then there's the batt issue.....

BTW, wat engine has you settled on?
              I suspect it is the roller clutch causing the prob... it was jam to the TRX2.5; and when I managed to removed it after heating it up and burning some oil... I noticed one of the rollers was out of place. I snap it back.. and it seem to rotate fine..

The motor without load is ok.. batt is ok too.

I got OS.18TM with TMax Manifold. Suppose to be a drop in engine... but the 4 needles is definitely scaring me..... haven't got it started due to the EZstart prob..
              huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic
                I suspect it is the roller clutch causing the prob... it was jam to the TRX2.5; and when I managed to removed it after heating it up and burning some oil... I noticed one of the rollers was out of place. I snap it back.. and it seem to rotate fine..

The motor without load is ok.. batt is ok too.

I got OS.18TM with TMax Manifold. Suppose to be a drop in engine... but the 4 needles is definitely scaring me..... haven't got it started due to the EZstart prob..
                Roller clutch? Where in the engine is that?

Comment

most pull start engine will have that one way bearing at the back plate

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
                    most pull start engine will have that one way bearing at the back plate
                    Oh....one way bearing I understand....

Comment

mad armour you play too much car liao...

go fly plane and heli wahhahaha

Comment

mad armour you play too much car liao...

go fly plane and heli wahhahaha
                        Hahahahaha....I guess it's a difference in terminology. Plane and heli still in EP territory, so will probably not come across a roller clutch anytime soon.

Comment

heli go roller clutch ma.

if not how to autorotate? heheheheh

Comment

heli go roller clutch ma.

if not how to autorotate? heheheheh
                            To me, it's one way....hahahaha.

Comment

changed the roller clutch/one way bearing...

still no help.
                              confirmed it can spin very well without engine installed (cause I initially fixed the one way bearing the wrong way round so the motor just spin and spin and spin.....)

so the last thing is.. the starter is too weak for the engine... but the engine is suppose to be a drop in module... designed specially to adopt the ezstart2, including even the glow plug LC3 that has a head just like the Traxxas's

gosh..
                              huh

Comment

Working...
                              X