Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

About Tamiya Pajero

Can the Pajero be easily converted into crawler ?

How much for brand new Pajero kit and conversion ?
    I'm Remotely Controlled ...

the only crawler chassis tamiya have is the CR01.
    maybe you can consider getting a crawler chassis + a Pajero body.

if you are just thinking of do some simple tracking,
    the CC01 chassis should serve well.

if you really want to crawl, there is a lot of very nice crawler chassis out there, just do a search.

No for conversion.

Its a Great day, lets fly, crawl, and fight.

XRB SR Lama
    Robotis Bioloid
    Robot Bear

<a href="http://asherong.sg">http://asherong.sg</a>

Comment

I have both the pajero and the ax10. Both serve different function.

We use pajero for trailing action in the grass garden, stone, some mild forest ground.

As for crawling the AX 10 will be the one you can rely on climbing staircase, thick floor branches, mud and up steep climbing.

Both pajero and ax10 must change the wheels tyres for different terrian grip for their perfomances. e.g play ground children sliding tube, wooden log bridge, underwater full summerge trailing etc.

Another good start is the Axial SCX10 - metal body frame , high clearance. can mod to climb too.

There will be a group of crawlers and trailers meet up , you can come and see how the crawler and trucks perform and what we have done on modification also photos taking. (Zhenghua CC meet up refer to DH forum thread end of march sunday).

You will be amaze, answered and witness by the action.

Comment

Yo Zennith, Pilot-Bear, thanks for the heads up .

Did some research over the net and also looked at my friend's Pajero.

Realized that the body is hard plastic and there is only 2 gear selection on Pajero ( 16T and 22T, IIRC ).

Regular polycarb shell can only fit if the wheelbase is extended longer, like the VW Tourag.

So now I don't know which one ( Paj or Tou ) to get, although I understand wheelbase is changeable easily.

But ultimately I still liked the Pajero styling than any other oddly shaped ( no offence, just my taste ) vehicl which don't look realistic enough.

Comment

This is to poise you....

This video is done in chinese garden - this we call trailing

As for crawling...and many more videos

Refer to this thread

Post all pictures and videos here. Alternatively, you can upload pictures and videos at the Photo Gallery.

Comment

why you all like to play in the water

Comment

Realism ...

Enjoy the videos and music that you love, upload original content and share it all with friends, family and the world on YouTube.

Comment

I got the Touareg instead from a nice guy in forum already

re-built with full ball bearings and a high torque servo steering

But left the motor as the stock silver can, mated with a Futaba esc and Sanwa FM receiver and M8 transmitter.

Never regret not selling away my M8, full of useful function. Program lots of exponential to reduce acceleration jerks and smooth out the reverse gear to add more realism to the driving experience.

I doubt the torque is there with the stock motor.

Any recommendation for cheap torquey brushed motor ? ( no brushless for me yet due to budget )

thanks !

Comment

ha ha kanna poise already.

Water one part of the realistic when the excitment comes in. where all your equipment are put in to test that incl your car.

See you @ Zhenghua (near senjar) group meet up (Free for all just go there 1pm ~5pm) there will be heli, plane, buggy, crawlers and others running there on that day. So bring your video camera and cameras . not forget your trucks.

Comment

Originally posted by zennith View Post
                    ha ha kanna poise already.

Water one part of the realistic when the excitment comes in. where all your equipment are put in to test that incl your car.

See you @ Zhenghua (near senjar) group meet up (Free for all just go there 1pm ~5pm) there will be heli, plane, buggy, crawlers and others running there on that day. So bring your video camera and cameras . not forget your trucks.
                    Don't like that lah.. haha.. "Once a RC hobbist, Always a RC hobbist" slogan never fails Although my sidekick is "Once a gunner, Always a gunner".. or in corporate world, its "Once kenna, Always kenna!"

RC car, RC sail boat, RC plane, RC truck... nothing special lah.. shifting of vehicular properties, but the core center neucleus is still a RC controller at work..

ZhengHua is too far for me to travel... but I will be hanging out with my another friend with a Pajero. Probably look for some ulu tracks in Punggol to test and video this weekend.

Comment

Tamiya CC-01 Touareg

OK I need to change the subject title.. but .. ok I dont want to ask too much...admin ?

As mentioned, I got the Touareg, same chassis as Pajero ( except wheelbase length ).

But I find out that the rear suspension springs were too hard compared to the front.

Did any guys here replace the rear springs to softer ones. If yes, where can I get them, and what part number , or sizing guide.

Another thing is I have a 3rd channel that I can use. When I connect the servo to the 3rd channel, I can use the knob on my M8 to rotate the servo.

Any idea what I can do with it for some cool stuffs ?

Comment

hi terence,
                        how about using the extra channel for a scale borg warner towing winch
                        ed
                        ONLY SAILORS GET BLOWN OFFSHORE

YOU TALK THE TALK, BUT DO YOU WALK THE WALK?

Comment

Originally posted by edmorales View Post
                          hi terence,
                          how about using the extra channel for a scale borg warner towing winch
                          ed
                          That is one cool option ! I thought of that, but seeing whats the actual practical use, I was thinking of seeing if any of those guys here had some other ideas..

like opening lambo doors or raise a wing ?

use it to switch on lights is one option to me.

Or control a 1/10 scale figure movement ?

Comment

or an on board video camera like this

ed
                            ONLY SAILORS GET BLOWN OFFSHORE

YOU TALK THE TALK, BUT DO YOU WALK THE WALK?

Comment

Ed, nice tips.. you know what ?

If budget allows, a VR cam !

And I would mount the camera onto a servo on the 3rd channel. Then you can use transmitter's 3rd channel knob to turn the camera inside the car as if you are turning your head to look out of the window ...

( that is, budget allows .. hehe )

Comment

Working...
                              X