Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BloodClod
    okay... manage to mill two battery hold downs today...

here's how they look on the car.

Best part is... these were designed and cut all during my little girls naptime.... just over an hour. CNC - the essential parents tool!

nice.....inboard motor and all....very cool....

you might have traction problems tho....cuz the motor hanging off the rear is where the weight should be....well, at least thats what the pros say...they even go to the extent of shifting the rear arms forward ever so slightly just to get that little bit more motor weight to hang off the back...
    for sale

Comment

Originally posted by overtki11
      nice.....inboard motor and all....very cool....

you might have traction problems tho....cuz the motor hanging off the rear is where the weight should be....well, at least thats what the pros say...they even go to the extent of shifting the rear arms forward ever so slightly just to get that little bit more motor weight to hang off the back...
      ya... a couple of guys in the UK have been toying around with the mid motor configuration with varied success. Since I had a terrible time trying to get the original car to run to my liking, I thought I'd do something different with it.

The alternative theory is that with the motor out back there is a greater pendulum effect resulting in a less stable rear end. By moving the motor inboard that effect is lessened. Well... if she runs I'll be pleased.

The new car from X-factory converts the B4 to a mid motor config too. That's what Kinwald is test driving now.

Comment

Originally posted by BloodClod
        ya... a couple of guys in the UK have been toying around with the mid motor configuration with varied success. Since I had a terrible time trying to get the original car to run to my liking, I thought I'd do something different with it.

The alternative theory is that with the motor out back there is a greater pendulum effect resulting in a less stable rear end. By moving the motor inboard that effect is lessened. Well... if she runs I'll be pleased.

The new car from X-factory converts the B4 to a mid motor config too. That's what Kinwald is test driving now.
        wah! ok lah...if its good 'nuf ofe kinwald...its good 'nuf for BC!

btw...does this mean you'll be running the motor in reverse? sensorless BL perhaps?
        for sale

Comment

Originally posted by overtki11
          wah! ok lah...if its good 'nuf ofe kinwald...its good 'nuf for BC!

btw...does this mean you'll be running the motor in reverse? sensorless BL perhaps?
          Ya... got no choice. If the mod works out well enough I might try to mod the gearbox to run a normal rotation motor... but for this experiment I'll run a reverse rotation motor.

Sensorless BL? Thought about that... but you know what I'll probably get right? Before jumping into the Mamba bandwagon so eagerly I thought I'd just run it brushed first and see how I like the performance... perhaps get our ol' pal hell out to try to tune the car a bit.

Comment

The battery hold-downs were fabricated next and this is how the setup looked.

Actually the hole where the antennae tube holder is mounted was actually designed as a spot for an additional stand off to increase chassis rigidity but after bolting everything up as in the pic I found the chassis didn't really have too much flex (using the sophisticated "hand-twist" test)

If you excuse the unsightly wiring, here's some simple test gear I put in there. I figure if I like the performance I'll swap it out for some higher spec gear.

Here's a pic with the ugly hacked up cover (I really don't like the color but the whole car was bought used)

Comment

I must say your custome parts looks cool. sweet sweet

Cheers

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X