Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by technicapot
    too much toe in brush off the speed, I own a sinyih before and I would said that,it may be a tawain made engine but it is pretty lasting even you leaned it down more than it should.

anyway if you are really into racing, dont really go and bother about toe in toe out, ackerman angles, camber, shock oil config........ blah blah blah. unless you really want to tune your car to the track condition.

general setting would be something like that
    1. not more than 1 degree toe in/out on the front depending what is your driving style
    2. Do not toe out on the rear, average 1-3 degree toe in
    3. 2 degree negative on the front 1 degree negative camber on the rear
    4. if you like to jump high and far, stand up your shock, if you like to play traction incline your shock
    5. diff oil setting will be somewhere front 5k center 7k rear 1k
    6.forget about roll centre.

make sure that you set your TX EPA correctly,if not it will either screw your servo and carb or the car will be running not as predictive as it should be

sinyih is a heavy car, try not to jump as much as change it to a metal spur gear
    Hi

i only toe in for fornt ard 3 degree and it went quite striaght....so far so good.
    one question what is TX EPA? my car just went into A&E bang into the curb while drifting heehee...

when I lean the engine it always stall when wack full.....need to re-tune the engine once changing all the parts.
    DJI II | Futaba D8FG
    HPI BAJA | ESP Fully Championship Ported 30.5cc | OBR 7HP | 4PKS

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyloh
      Hi

i only toe in for fornt ard 3 degree and it went quite striaght....so far so good.
      one question what is TX EPA? my car just went into A&E bang into the curb while drifting heehee...

when I lean the engine it always stall when wack full.....need to re-tune the engine once changing all the parts.

EPA=End piont adjustment

die when full throttle can only be two causes, too rich or too lean, check your glow plug is it distorted (mean too HOT). dont be too greedy to lean the engine, you might just lean it beyond the sweet spot, so as to call a "flame out". it can be your low speed needle that is too rich, but this rule doesnt apply if you glow plug is distorted. i would say that you turn your High speed needle 4 turn out,3.5 turn out for your low speed needle, this is rough base setting for the carb or any engine. tune your HSN before LSN and dont be too greedy on the leaning as some of the engine is not built for aredenline rush, just for bashing. you might just blow your engine.

Comment

toe in 3 degree on the fornt will definitely give you good straight line stability, but it will throw your handling of corner out of the window, the car will not response very well to turn. try and experiment with toe in and out, you will feel the differences. I think racers set up thier car with toe out to increase turning responses and to increase straight stability using other factors.

Comment

toe in 3 degree on the fornt will definitely give you good straight line stability, but it will throw your handling of corner out of the window, the car will not response very well to turn. try and experiment with toe in and out, you will feel the differences. I think racers set up thier car with toe out to increase turning responses and to increase straight stability using other factors.
          any different for front toe in or toe out? for the rear how to set whether toe in or out? there's nothing to adjust...
          DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

to toe in or out for the fornt you adjust the the steering rod, for the rear you need to change the caster block for the rear to toe in.

Comment

to toe in or out for the fornt you adjust the the steering rod, for the rear you need to change the caster block for the rear to toe in.
              thx, normal what is the setting for the front toe in?
              DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

something like max 2 degree toe in

Comment

normally we all run toe out 1 degree each front wheel
                  and 3 degree toe in on the rear 1/10 nitro cars
                  i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
                    normally we all run toe out 1 degree each front wheel
                    and 3 degree toe in on the rear 1/10 nitro cars
                    yup, toe out 1 degree on the front, but I run only 1 degree toe in on the rear. more responsive in mid corner turn

Comment

thanks for the helps guys

phew!! after weeks of getting spares and now is running in tipss....thanks to all who had help replying my questions....

engine had re-tune....high speed needle, low speed needle and idle speed...still spilting fuel......

someone call the police when i bash my rally at mscp....arrggg...

what a day...
                      DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

Working...
                      X