Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help on tuning my engine

Hi all gurus

My car running on half tank of fuel and now unable to start....
    Any advise on the engine?

It's a new rally car from Sin Yih.....

KUM QIA
    DJI II | Futaba D8FG
    HPI BAJA | ESP Fully Championship Ported 30.5cc | OBR 7HP | 4PKS

most probly overheat
    try turning the high speed needle 5 minute anti-clockwise
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
      most probly overheat
      try turning the high speed needle 5 minute anti-clockwise
      even the engine is cool down i oso cannot get it started...
      DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

may i know what engine u using ?
        .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
        กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

First , check the glow, make sure the glow still work, otherwise replace it. (high chances its the glow that have blown)

Then check the fuel supply, pull out the tube to the carb and pressure your fuel tank and see if fuel arrive.

Ensure your high end needle is set to a rich setting.

If the above didn't work, go look for further help, experience guys will be able to pin point the fault when come face to face with the engine.

Good luck..!!
          Regards

Comment

Originally posted by maskedrider
            may i know what engine u using ?
            er good questions.....all in the package come with it....i've not change the engine...out from the box...
            DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

Originally posted by Airborne
              First , check the glow, make sure the glow still work, otherwise replace it. (high chances its the glow that have blown)

Then check the fuel supply, pull out the tube to the carb and pressure your fuel tank and see if fuel arrive.

Ensure your high end needle is set to a rich setting.

If the above didn't work, go look for further help, experience guys will be able to pin point the fault when come face to face with the engine.

Good luck..!!
              Hi, I've change the glow plug.....the fuel is reaching the carb.....

one thing is i closed the carb then four full clockwise.....as many forum guys had mentions b4....not sure if it work with this engine....

will try again later....hope it works....
              DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

Usually.. 4 turns is too much...most engine runs between 2-3 turns..aircraft engine runs `1-2 turns and heli go as low is 3/4 turn..
                Regards

Comment

Usually.. 4 turns is too much...most engine runs between 2-3 turns..aircraft engine runs `1-2 turns and heli go as low is 3/4 turn..
                  oh ok noted......
                  DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

keep us updated
                    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyloh
                      er good questions.....all in the package come with it....i've not change the engine...out from the box...
                      er..... still what engine u using ????
                      .................................................. ......................

1/10 On Road

Kyosho VoneRRR-EvoWC

1/8 Off-Road

Kyosho MP9

Member of EDMW plus NPNT

เวลาช่วยรักษาแผลใจ
                      กับผมแล้วผมเห็นว่าเราชะนะแน่

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
                        keep us updated
                        Hi All

Thanks for all the reply.....here's the update after trying half an hour

I turn 2 3/4 anti clock wise and it work.....somemore now running in rich....
                        had run 1.5 tankful on rich setting, able to start after cooling down the engine...
                        DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

Originally posted by maskedrider
                          er..... still what engine u using ????
                          paisay i really dunno wat engine m i using......

Any ideas why the steering is more to the right? and left only to certain angle??? even after i set on the sevor....sign
                          DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyloh
                            paisay i really dunno wat engine m i using......

Any ideas why the steering is more to the right? and left only to certain angle??? even after i set on the sevor....sign
                            Good question...!! the answer might be quite complex..hee...hee...

This is what I would do,

1) Unplug the steering push rod join to the servo push it to both end and see if there is any obstruction and manully move them with your hands to make sure it reaches both end point correctly.

2) Check your servo throw to both ends and make sure they move to both end correctly.

3) Center the servo throw and the steering push rod and clip it back on, your steering might not be straight at this point.

4) Adjust the other push rod that connect the individual arms to make the wheels straight.

You should get equal throw both side by now.

5) Use End Point Adjustment to max the throw position or reduce binding.

Good luck..!
                            Regards

Comment

Good question...!! the answer might be quite complex..hee...hee...

This is what I would do,

1) Unplug the steering push rod join to the servo push it to both end and see if there is any obstruction and manully move them with your hands to make sure it reaches both end point correctly.

2) Check your servo throw to both ends and make sure they move to both end correctly.

3) Center the servo throw and the steering push rod and clip it back on, your steering might not be straight at this point.

4) Adjust the other push rod that connect the individual arms to make the wheels straight.

You should get equal throw both side by now.

5) Use End Point Adjustment to max the throw position or reduce binding.

Good luck..!
                              i've done all the step tht had mention, seems like the left arm stuck in somewhere....when turning too much on left the servo seems like wanted to break free.....right side able to turn at least 45 degree but on the left on 20-25......is tht suppose to be? or is both at 45 degree?
                              DJI II | Futaba D8FG

Comment

Working...
                              X