Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pvc tires

best surface for drifting will be on those rough cement surface.eg. top deck of multi storey carpark.

tarmac is actually more slippery.

Comment

Originally posted by technicapot
      I really dont know how to put in writing, but I will try.

first-according to what you have said, turn the steering create a big turn, which translate that your rear wheel is griping more than the fornt wheel causing understeer, so to rectify this you need to induce more centrifugal force on the back, or throw your back off balance. throwing your back off balance can be done in a couple of ways.

1. counter flicking of steering- if you want to drift to the left, flick your steering to the right and then back left again together with correct throttle input this will really throw the car off balance.

2. setting on your car- put harder spring on the back with positive camber, this setting will spin out your car and careful countersteering maybe needed.

3. As what I have mention eariler, sensitive throttle control is needed- too little it wont maintain the drif, too much and it will spin out.

the best place to play is on rough surface like tarmac, you wont spin out as much and it doesnt require as much sensitive throttle control. a pionter is that you need to maintain constant throttle input as beginner, so that you will know where is the breaking piont. until your are accustom to it than bliping the throttle will determine how wide or tight the drift or how big or small the dirft diameter is. those experince dirfter dont even have to touch the steering to complete the dift.....the art of dirfting. try drift on carpet with pvc insert....this is the "works"

another thing is that is you play on smooth surface like carpark where is the ground is laid smooth, you have find it more diffcult to play as it is hard to find the "sweet spot". the car will alway spin out.

I dirft with nitro and I find it more fun than EP, Ep is too quiet, I like the loud of the exhuast on full throttle. but is need to be tune richer than is required because of constant full throttle the duration of play is limited as the engine gets hot very fast. play 2 minutes rest 10 minutes.
      Thanks for the info. Tried yesterday at the basket ball court... Yes can do drifting... but with a burst of the throttle like Haowee recom. But not easy to go into the first drift. I was able to maintain throttle to drift in a circle.. or so to say... not really a good circle . After getting out of the drift...the problem is getting it back. . I have watch the SG Drifters Video countless times... even do a slow motion of it... wonder if they do a burts of throttle to induce the drift or with the streering only. I will try out your point no 2 and see how it goes. I even thot of using high grade lubricant to the rear PVC tyre so that i can do a slow drift... wonder if the whole basket ball court will be slippery after that..
      If the building stops, the buying starts!

Comment

getting it back it just a matter of releasing the throttle and counter steering abit to where you want your car to piont. simply where you complete your drift, release the throttle to regain the car balance so that the front and rear wheel will have more traction,when your car is pionting at the direction that you want just give it throttle and dont use the steering too much or you will end up in a dirft again.

more practise and more fun. maybe you should use a high torque motor, spin the wheel more easily that normal motor.

Comment

The Kit supplied is a sport tune motor. Should be enuf.. I think. Thanks for the pointer. Will work hard this weekend .

Comment

Still no control. Need futher help.

Hi technicapot. I still do not have control on the steering of my car. Any thing else that I need to take note of? Or Anyone out there who is drifting can give more pointers and advise? To drift just simply flick the steering towards the side that you want to drift? Done that over the weekend.... still could not get the tactic. Keep pumping the throttle up and down to get the car to drift... dun know if this is the correct way.... anyone else care to share their "know how"? Really need help on this.

Thanks.

Comment

drift competition

can go down to serangoon central multi storey cappark on top of bus interchange(blk 264).

sg drifters is holding a small scale drift competition there.. can go down to take a look some of the better drifters is taking part so definitely you'll be able to catch some nice drift.

Comment

Tt01d

Just bought a TT01D from winne.

fix up the rear gearbox and arm.But the shaft are plastic. Can tahan meh to drift?
                Going to finish the front by this weekend and do some setup also.

Intend to buy Futaba ESC330, some 3300mah batts, charger and
                Trueno cover.

Anyone letting go any hop up for this kit may PM me.

THX

Comment

Hi Getz319, Yes the shaft can tahan... have been trying to drift for the past few weekend. No problem. But you may want to change it to alu like Haowee suggested. For me.. would have to wait. Oh by the way... just found out that you can drift on certain surface with the PVC tyre... not any surface will do.... been to seranggon central MSCP yesterday... their car looks very smooth running on the track... yes you need to run it on the top MSCP to feel the drift... pistol grip TX recomended.

Comment

control.....

'Keep pumping the throttle up and down to get the car to drift... dun know if this is the correct way.... anyone else care to share their "know how"? Really need help on this.'

Hi, Babyboy, nice to see u drift 2........ . i think ur method is ok, cause we do this+ turning the steering to control the car so to make it drift to the direction and distance that we want. what i can say is play it, drift it, and most importance is 'WE ENJOY IT'.

and the more your drifting practice the more ez you control it.

BANZAI, 'INITIA-D..............!'
                    Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Tx Alex. I think I made a mistake by running the car at non suitable location. I manage to drift at the top of MSCP easier... but now is the 7th month... so i will lie low a while lah.

Comment

Originally posted by BabyBoy
                        Tx Alex. I think I made a mistake by running the car at non suitable location. I manage to drift at the top of MSCP easier... but now is the 7th month... so i will lie low a while lah.
                        Hello!!!

How is your WRX running? Is it fun?

Comment

Hi Getz319. Happy with the WRX. Its the location to drift that is important. But think the TT01 is enuf to drift for starters. I went to buy the TT01D becos of the 20% discount on the price tag. Will get the EVO shell once i have the $$.

Comment

Working...
                          X