Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Frog

Hi all SiFu out there, me also intend to buy the 1/10 Buggy "The Frog", anyone out there playing this, can get some info from you guys?

1. is this Frog good enough for beginner?
    2. what will be the full price to pay to get it running.
    3. can this frog run on grass field?
    4. Where is the best shop to get?

and lastly, can i join you guy to play when i got it. Or you guy only go for more powerful type only?

Cheers

Hello ,

You would need a transmitter ,receiver , ESC and battery pack to start playing.

Why not buy the tamiya Dark Impact instead? it is a newer model?

Total approximate cost for frog including everything is around $300 ++
    and not including price for full ball bearings.

Or maybe buy a 2nd hand set to play first.?
    Can try RCTECH forum

Currently i own Super Hornet and Subaru TL-01RA and not an expert yet.

You can try Stargek at paya lebar , sometimes they got discount, but don't know when. The last big discount was around year end , 20% off.

If you live near north side ,you can go to sengkang track to play.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by timconfig2
      Hello ,

You would need a transmitter ,receiver , ESC and battery pack to start playing.

Why not buy the tamiya Dark Impact instead? it is a newer model?

Total approximate cost for frog including everything is around $300 ++
      and not including price for full ball bearings.

Or maybe buy a 2nd hand set to play first.?
      Can try RCTECH forum

Currently i own Super Hornet and Subaru TL-01RA and not an expert yet.

You can try Stargek at paya lebar , sometimes they got discount, but don't know when. The last big discount was around year end , 20% off.

If you live near north side ,you can go to sengkang track to play.

Thanks
      Hi bro, finally got someone reply, appreciated. I have decided to go for the Dark Impact you have recommemed. Will confirm buying by this week. By than, can chio you? Me live at Baungkok, very near to Sengkang.

Comment

they dont call the dark impart as a "lemon" for nothing.........more fixing than playing. it looked nicer than a the frog but I think the frog would be a better choice in term of reliablity. this car is the "killer" for 1/10 ep buggy

Comment

For the price wise, which is better, Dark or frog?

Comment

Hello , Henry and technicalpot.

Technicalpot , may i ask why the frog is more reliable than the lemon?
            I personally feel , it is technically good, except those gears and cover may not take a brushless system and may melt at high speed , what you think?

i hear that even tamiya "The hornet" can be fitted with a brushless motor system and speed like demon.

Last weekend , i went to winnie's shop , and ask about brushless motor system for my TL-01 , she said tamiya type of rc cars can't take the power of Novak's GTB system.

BTW: might be going down to sengkang track this saturday for practise.

Comment

The frog is a wonderful buggy to start with. Simple to built and will give you many hours of fun.
              The current frog already comes with a speed controller so you can save money! What you need is a pistol 2 channel radio whichsould be around 140 bucks, at least 2 battery each pack abt 40 bucks and a quick charger about 80 to100 bucks. The current frog should be priced around 180, you may get it cheaper elsewhere.
              3un the frog as it is and you may have a run time of 10mins using the stock motor provided with the kit. Happy buggying. On the other note of the dark impack, should you happen to choose this buggy, let me advise you that this is a 4wd machine which means more parts and also less run time. I do not know if the dark impact comes with a speed controller, I know it will cost more to run a 4wd machine.
              So there you have it

Happy chosing.

P/s I have 2 NIB frog which I intend to keep for the next 30 years hehe
              i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

my friends have both the frog and dark impact...

i've seen both run before so in my humble opinion, the dark impact has a better suspension setup so it runs better, jumps better, handles speed better...

the frog is more an OLD SKOOL retro type buggy, good to relive the good old days type RC.....

yes the dark impact has issues, (then again what tamiya doesn't have issues when pushed too hard???) but most of these issues arise becuz my frens put BL's in them....which in my opinion is too much motor for a buggy of this grade...it is by no means a competition buggy. but you can get competative with it....and more importantly, you can get parts for it...

....the frog is a re-issue, so most buy to build and keep as display. or those who will give sad story say last time when they kids no money to buy... blah blah blah

yes the DI is 4WD so more parts count...but you will find it easier to drive a 4WD buggy than a 2WD when starting out.

so, among the more affordable buggies available ,...i'd say go for the DI....

my 2cents worth.
                for sale

Comment

as what overt has mention the DI jump higher,drive faster and handle better than the frog and of course all these will consitute to higher downtime. I am not say that both are good or bad, it is just from my own perspective and purely voice down to the person driving it and how long the DI parts last in term of duration depending how hard you push the bugger.

in another way of saying is that, the frog is not really meant to be push hard so it will last longer. The DI have a sporty look and sporty look= to fast.....fast= lots of breakdown......I think the psychological factor of a human mind.

have a nice bash in sengkang

Comment

I have done more fixing on the DI than playing and it wasnt really hop up on the motor. so got to constantly remind myself not to push this guy too much on the track but my kid was happy playing with the DI. it is just not bulit for bashing

Comment

buy the frog ehehhehehe
                      actually got another few model also very nice and its 4wd from tamiya....
                      mant ray and top force!!!
                      i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

ah yes...forgot bout the top force...thats a nice one too(plenty many bearings though)........

the manta ray to me...has sorta like a nikko style shell.....so it looks toy-ish...to me lah

but not sure if there's parts support for these two though....maybe someone can enlighten....

strange as it may seem, the toughest tamiya i own is...not my txt, not my clodbuster.....but my WildWilly2!!! now thats one heck of a fun RC dude!.......no performance what so ever but.....so far i've only manage to break the....erm......eh...wheelie bar! go figure!!! and i've driven this RC hard!!! and with the intent to break it...but alas i have failed!!!
                        for sale

Comment

Hee hee....... my colleague gave me a 1st generation Frog. Only 3 scratches at the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by timconfig2
                            Last weekend , i went to winnie's shop , and ask about brushless motor system for my TL-01 , she said tamiya type of rc cars can't take the power of Novak's GTB system.

I know that the TB02 can't take it. I melted 2 sets of diff gear. TA04 or TA05 should be able to take it.

Comment

Thanks guys, great info from all. Will reconnect every details and do some compair. Got time will go down to Sengkang this weekend and check out to see what other option i can get. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                              X