Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Richard
    creations? where? Anyway, my water cooling won't work... at least in my container..
    I intedn to make a sliding over for the electronics. Not doing the fancy racing cover with steering wheel and figurine.. Just a normal type..

Stuka,
    Dun wait for e lah.. wait dun work, I very paiseh one... make you wait dun den dun work..
    A properly install pickup will work even when boat is held stationary. Try pointing the intake directly about 1 inch behind one of the prop blades, and dont use large diameter tubing.

Not to worry, as long as u r coming, I will wait for u, we can work on it if it doesnt work. Bring some lead sheet along if u can, so that we can trim the boat on the spot.

For Sale

CSM ICG400 Heading Lock Gyro+ ($160)
    (

Comment

Originally posted by stuka
      A properly install pickup will work even when boat is held stationary. Try pointing the intake directly about 1 inch behind one of the prop blades, and dont use large diameter tubing.

Not to worry, as long as u r coming, I will wait for u, we can work on it if it doesnt work. Bring some lead sheet along if u can, so that we can trim the boat on the spot.
      I think i made a mistake the intake i use ard 4mm.. I think is too big.. nvm... and I did not point it at the prop..

VBtw, wats lead sheet? and where to get them?

Comment

I think i made a mistake the intake i use ard 4mm.. I think is too big.. nvm... and I did not point it at the prop..

VBtw, wats lead sheet? and where to get them?
        4mm is too big , hard to build up pressure for water to flow up.

Here's a pic of lead sheet used in my sub. Some people call them sinker, for holding down crab net. I got it from a shop in tampines, which sell fishing equipment,

For Sale

(

Comment

Could be the way you solder the pickup. Any point of constriction around the soldered area? A 90 degree joint will slow down the flow too, and you have 2.
          For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

4mm is too big , hard to build up pressure for water to flow up.

Here's a pic of lead sheet used in my sub. Some people call them sinker, for holding down crab net. I got it from a shop in tampines, which sell fishing equipment,

http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/atta...achmentid=8388
            wat do you meant by trimming? i dun understand.

Comment

wat do you meant by trimming? i dun understand.
              It means getting the boat to run in a correct posture. ...maintaining stability during high speed runs.

For Sale

(

Comment

It means getting the boat to run in a correct posture. ...maintaining stability during high speed runs.
                Ok thanks.

My progress.. Making the sliding cover.. hehe.. Pls comment!

Comment

Ok thanks.

My progress.. Making the sliding cover.. hehe.. Pls comment!
                  Cool.

You might still want to tape the cover as the opening is facing front and water can still come in from the splash.

Also noticed your servo's outside the hull. Very likely to get wet. You need to waterproof it.

Finally, the wire that connects the servo arm to the rudder, looks like a straightened paper clip to me, may bend prematurely on load. Might want to consider using piano wire.

This Sunday maiden?
                  For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Mad Armour, yes, should maiden this sunday.. U gg to be there? Very paiseh.. wait cannot work or worse..

Anyway, More pictures and update.. Left 1 more coat of paint.. Just used filler to patch up the gaps. As for the serve I have covered it.

Comment

Mad Armour, yes, should maiden this sunday.. U gg to be there? Very paiseh.. wait cannot work or worse..
                      Yah, I'll be there.

Comment

Working...
                      X