Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally decided on the setup for my boat and this is the how much depth the boat will sit in my frying pan

The 2 screws driven by 2 micro servo, a Spektrum 6 ch receiver (I know it's overkill but this is the only one I can find at a low price and small enough) and 4xAAA battery. Need to get a lighter battery if there is and a 2S Lipo is too high for the servo.

Made a raised and angled platform using plastic sheet for the motor to stick on.

Bottom of hull spray painted. Since the tube and shaft has a same diameter, I just squirt some grease to fill the tiny gap to waterproof seal it. Will go for a trial run in my condo ponds to test the driving soon.

Comment

Looks gd bro.
      You might have to trial with her running to check on her draft. A veseel sitting way high would roll too much making it difficult to manoeveur.

Have fun.

Comment

I have managed to get it to an acceptable depth to match the real boat waterline. I shall build a box out of plastic sheet to hold the battery and to keep this heaviest weight at the lowest level to keep the CG low (somewhere above the servo motors). Only the receiver will go to the superstructure.

Comment

that is gd start bro.
          Have fun getting her to your taste, that's what it's all about. I build a wooden towboat a while back, the building process was alot of fun. Trying to get her to ride well was a real challenge, had to add alot of ballast in order to get her on even keel.

have a gd weekend & happy holidays

Comment

Yes! the fun part is building the boat and getting it to move in the water like a real one. I have always into scale plastic model so it is naturally I will built rc converted plastic model boats.

My next project has just arrived from UK and will be the next rc conversion after the Severn lifeboat.

Comment

My lipo and other stuff finally arrived in the mail and I can put every component together to see if they work.

Made a battery tray for my new lipo.

Lipo sit on top of prop tube to be as low as possible. BEC for the lipo attached to bottom of deck and receiver attached to superstructure.

Here's how it looks when put together in the final stage.

One strange thing happened after I have decided to use a lipo for the power instead of AAA batteries. The left and right screws are to be driven by the Tx throttle and elevator stick. However, with this lipo plugged in, the throttle stick is able to run both screws (withelevator stick still in neutral) and the elevator stick controls only the left screw. In this unexpected setup, I can now use the elevator stick to control the direction of the boat by altering the speed and direction of one screw.

Ok, so much for the drive. The boat now sits slightly below the waterline. Shall be doing a sea trial (pond trial) after I have finish painting the boat.

Comment

Finally launched my boat and test it in the small pond at my place. Had a few little problem on the prop shaft connection and Tx setting but was resolved.

Changed my Tx setting to a plane to use on the boat. It's amazing 2 little servos can drive the boat pretty fast. Not racing speed but it chucks along at a decent speed. Will finish the final touchup of assembling the detail parts on the kit and it is ready for the big pond.

Where should I go to sail this boat?

Comment

Well done, Cklasse. Would love to see a vid.

My boat's still under construct -- need a new prop shaft as the flex one I bought won't work -- too much vibration causing unbearably loud noise. I dun think it's meant to be used with a stuffing box.
                  Ordered one of those stiff brass ones from UK so gotta wait.

Comment

"sea trial" for the boat without the deck details. Water displacement is too much for the boat, I will need to change a lighter battery.

Comment

here's the video of my boat.

Comment

Cute lil' boat!

Comment

Working...
                        X