Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adrianli View Post
    On MC today, did the strut n flex cable.
    what struts are those man.... got signature somemore
    I would suggest that you reinforce the back of both the rudder and strut mounting on the transom with hardwood
    you don't want the transom to break on such a nice boat

Comment

These are original Arrowshark strut and rudder. Jus that he got no more same colour ones so its blue strut wif red rudder.

The transom comes double epoxy wif hardwood already.

Comment

The built is looking mighty fine.
        Juz one minor concern looking at the pics, do correct me if I'm not on track with the arrowshark hardware but shouldn't the stuff tubing be incased into the strut with the aid of a ferrule to minimize freeplay & wear to the flex tubing caused by vibration......

Comment

Thks.

The strut was able to fit the flex cable and the teflon tubing only, not the stuffing tube. All my build, the stuffing tubes are not fitted into the strut as per their design. This is so that u can adjust the height and angle of the strut accordingly.

Previous struts used before were Octura, Fine Design, Speedmaster and currently Arrowshark.

Comment

Sweet.......what sort of power plant are you planning to put into this built. It's sure going to be impression.

I'm also in the mist of a 29' rigger built, juz can't decide to go nitro or fast electric....finding time to get it completed is my other setback...maybe the family doc can help me out here...

Comment

Hi ord dharma.

Can u post pics of your Rigger build? Maybe u can start a new thread.
              Would like to see a nitro in it. Feel dat too little infos on Nitro boats here.

Adrain, you going to make Heads turn. 360 deg.

Way to go bro.

Cheers.

Comment

These are my power plant for tis boat.

ESC : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39172

Motor : http://www.daddyhobby.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39198

Tis boat will definately be slower than your rigger. But it will be able to handle waves better.

Comment

Bro,your ESC where made and the price and where can buy?

Comment

Originally posted by madascarsnake View Post
                    Bro,your ESC where made and the price and where can buy?
                    Bro,

Google "Danlions" or "Huayu". Dont wana post direct links. LHS will hate me.

Comment

.21 Rigger Built

I'm still pretty new to riggers but will dive into it something in mid Dec as I've got a couple of days leave to go by.....stay tuned folks....it's going to be rigged with a .21 >

Comment

Hi Adrain.

How is your cat coming along?
                        Any new pics?

Cheers

Comment

Just did some work today. And then screwed it up. Managed to borrow an angle drill from a fellow DH hobbist, Amir. Cut the flex cable and mounted the motor.

Then fibre glass n epoxy the opening.

Comment

Have a look at the flex cable, teflon liner, stuffing tube and strut before sealing it up with 10mm dia shrinking tube.

Comment

Then, wana remove the flex cable to grease it wif cable grease. Pulling it from the coupling pretty hard as it was a tight fit. The stupid flex cable broke.

Back to getting a new flex cable again.

Comment

Is there a chance you could try getting it silver soldered back together. Finishing may not be perfect but with a once over on a grinding wheel, you should be back in business...

This may help:
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfOjK8R9B24

Comment

Working...
                                X