Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Twin Storm

Hi! I have a Kyosho twin storm running on stock motor. I am using a GP 7.2V 3300mah NiMH Battery pack. The battery ran out very fast. How can i improve it or any other solutions. Thks!

Originally posted by BL4
    Hi! I have a Kyosho twin storm running on stock motor. I am using a GP 7.2V 3300mah NiMH Battery pack. The battery ran out very fast. How can i improve it or any other solutions. Thks!
    I also run the Kyosho Twin Storm, the best is to use 4300mah batt, last a bit longer

What ESC are you using?

Comment

where can i get and how much does it cost. I am using stock for my ESC bascially my whole Twim Storm is stock. Thinking of upgrading the motor?

Comment

Upgrade to a brushless setup, then u will dump all those brushed motors.

Comment

Originally posted by BL4
          where can i get and how much does it cost. I am using stock for my ESC bascially my whole Twim Storm is stock. Thinking of upgrading the motor?
          You should be able to get them at most good hobby shop. GP4300 is around $89.00 a pack, you will need 2. I got mine from TaiSing. I avoid IB cell, so much problem....some good some complain...I also dunno what is right.

Upgrading motor? Your biggest headache will be the ESC, you will need one that is small enough to fit the radio compartment and at the same time power two motor.

I blew my Kyosho stock KA6 ESC, could be over prop as I fitted a 47mm prop instead of the stock 42mm. Stock prop is slooooowwwwwww.

I then use a HK made Apex ESC but it is not delivery power to my servo at full speed. As such I cannot make direction changes while at full speed. Also kena thermal shutdown...sigh....

Next ESC will be the Mtronics Super E truck that my friend is using and constanly outrun me.....Mine arrived last month, just no time to put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrianli
            Upgrade to a brushless setup, then u will dump all those brushed motors.
            Yeah brushless is the way to go but as twin storm is a twin motor boat, you will have a problem running a two brushless motor set up. The best is to run a single brushless motor option.....

Comment

Originally posted by SG Villain
              You should be able to get them at most good hobby shop. GP4300 is around $89.00 a pack, you will need 2. I got mine from TaiSing. I avoid IB cell, so much problem....some good some complain...I also dunno what is right.

Upgrading motor? Your biggest headache will be the ESC, you will need one that is small enough to fit the radio compartment and at the same time power two motor.

I blew my Kyosho stock KA6 ESC, could be over prop as I fitted a 47mm prop instead of the stock 42mm. Stock prop is slooooowwwwwww.

I then use a HK made Apex ESC but it is not delivery power to my servo at full speed. As such I cannot make direction changes while at full speed. Also kena thermal shutdown...sigh....

Next ESC will be the Mtronics Super E truck that my friend is using and constanly outrun me.....Mine arrived last month, just no time to put it in.
              How much does it cost for the ESC Mtronics Super E and where to get? Where you normaly play? Maybe can meet you 1 of this day.

Comment

Working...
              X