Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doraemon
    Speedster, if you go down to PP this Sunday at say 3 or 4pm, I'm sure you will be able to start your boat and have a run to see whether it meets the sound level requirements that Dirtydynamics was referring to. The club adminstrator will have a db meter for this test. If it's below the noise limit, then great... you can keep running until the time limit imposed by NParks for nitro and gas boats at PP... i.e. 5pm. If it doesn't, you'll get advised as to what muffler or pipe to use to bring the sound level down. In any case, you can check out the other boats there and pick up a few tips.

Like Dragon Slayer, I too ran my nitro boats at PP for a while before becoming a member of the Power Boating Club which is adminstered out of Hougang CC. But even when I was not a member, I still adhered to the time slot for nitro and gas boats at PP.

If the Sunday time slot at PP is not convenient to you, you can always try the Kallang river near the stadium. I used to run my nitro boats in the river, but the salt water is not friendly on aluminum alloy nitro motors. In the end, I just ended up going to PP and played by the rules.

If you noticed last Sunday when you came down, the boaters at PP do attract a large crowd of local spectators. The PP boaters seem to have built up a very good relationship with the surrounding residents over the last year or 2. But this good relationship will only last if we continue to respect their desire for some peace and quite after 5pm by packing up our nitro and gas boats
    Hi Speestar;

Dun wait till 3 or 4 PM, come at 2 I'll be there eagerly waiting to run my nitro alongside yours and others. Put the unhappiness behind, forgive and forget there is no enemy only frens at PP. I encourage you to declare a stop to this thread so we can carry on, give yourself and PP Boaters/ Hougang Club a 2nd chance you will not regret it YEA

Comment

whats the process of 'claiming' the pond?
      wish i can say "lets fly @ MY field" one day.

Originally posted by Dragon Slayer
      Hi Speestar;

Dun wait till 3 or 4 PM, come at 2 I'll be there eagerly waiting to run my nitro alongside yours and others. Put the unhappiness behind, forgive and forget there is no enemy only frens at PP. I encourage you to declare a stop to this thread so we can carry on, give yourself and PP Boaters/ Hougang Club a 2nd chance you will not regret it YEA
      Heli:
      . Quick Japan EP8 EX (A30-8XL+CC60+Gy401)
      . Raptor 50 Titan (OS50+522+CarbSmart+Gy611)
      . Trex 600 EP (1512/3D+CC110HV+DS760 w/8900)
      . Trex 600 N (RL53+523+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900)
      . B/W Stratus (OS91 SZ+MP5+ATG+CarbSmart+DS760 w/8900+8717)

Plane:
      . Ok Model Medallion
      . E*Star Storch
      . ElectriFly S.E.5a
      . Mpx EzGlider (Slope)

Tx: JR 9XII

Photo toy
      . Canon 7D & 500D
      . Canon 430EX & 580EX2
      . Canon 24-70 f2.8L
      . Canon 85mm f1.8
      . Tamron 10-22 ultrawide

Comment

Let's it past.............................

Dragon Slayer & Doraemon>
        Thank you for the offer. I really appreciate it. But sad to say last Sunday was the only best date that I have. I would not be available for the next few moons. I will be flying down under and then to the other side. However it is good if you guys can share some light on the common hobby stores that you get your marine stuffs.

I will be back, say December and I will PM you guys for an appointment. No worries. What was done cannot be undone. Let’s forgive and forget. I hope your chairman have equivalent views on welcoming me.

To my fellow hobbyist, let’s permit this thread to end here. Thank you all for sharing your many thoughts and experiences on this issue. We all discover different affairs or matters over time and some might be pleasant and others afflictive. So let us all learn along the way.

Thank you

Comment

I think electric boats and sailboats are fine. I play whenever I like and so far did not experience any interference. I always avoid the hours the club actively goes boating, prefering to go in the morning. The Malay chap reminds me of a Penghulu, probably because of the efforts he put in to secure the pond. Nitros if loud enough can irk the residents enough to put the pond at risk. Even our 1/8 scale cars at eastcoast track are encouraged to run induction silencers over the air filter. Nitro is fun but the sound can be intrusive.

Then again I just relax sailing my 1 meter J sloop all over the pond. I do not expect to be told to move at any time at all. Bedok reservoir is still my favourite though, the winds are more consistent and stronger near the glider slope. If I am in the mood, Sebana Cove near Desaru is another very good place for RC sailing, strong winds and fast sailing action There are many venues better than PP actually, it is just the distance.

I also play with 1/4 scale planes. My view is that while it is important to ensure safety, RC is after all just a game, big boyz toys, no need for an elitist attitude. Show-offs or know it alls are basically ill mannered overgrown kids with an inferior complex who cannot afford the real full size counterpart.

Comment

Snail, You could probably find better boating places to sail but keep in mind that the issue raised here was the fact that speedster was told not play his nitro boat when he came at 6pm.
            This is due to the fact that nitro boat at open pond surrounded by hdb blocks at 6pm is not a good thing.

PP is a an official sanctioned place that allows boating between a designated time frame on a specific day of the week which is 2-5pm sundays.

If you think you want to sail alone or with your own friends and maybe run nitro or gas boats all on your own somewhere else, its all good.
            Nobidy is stopping anyone from doing anything. Nobody here owns anyone anything.

Anyone can come down anytime and choose to sit by any other part of the pond far from where the other boaters are. Then anyone can have the peace of playing whatever and whenever they choose. Just don't be offended if the N-parks patrol stops you and gets your name. (if you play nitro/gas)

As for the issue of becoming a member and learning from people i guess there must be a miscom somewhere. The malay guy does not own the pond neither does he own the club but when you sacrifice almost every sunday be it rain or shine to nurture a club and gain amenities and secure a official playing area, i'd ssume you'd be a bit more than penhulu like when you think that someones careless actions can lead to losing what you have worked so hard for.

The pond is a public place just like any open space where you fly. Yes that is right but what happens if one day these spaces are taken back for developement> LL you go and find another flying haunt.

But if you form a club, get in touch the authorities and make it official and more than likely you get a flaying haunt that you and your members get to enjoy till time to come. Same like PP. Its not the greatest but its good and will get better.

All things said and done, i think like speedster said, let things past ..

cheers
            f

Comment

Originally posted by speedster
              Dragon Slayer & Doraemon>
              Thank you for the offer. I really appreciate it. But sad to say last Sunday was the only best date that I have. I would not be available for the next few moons. I will be flying down under and then to the other side. However it is good if you guys can share some light on the common hobby stores that you get your marine stuffs.

I will be back, say December and I will PM you guys for an appointment. No worries. What was done cannot be undone. Let’s forgive and forget. I hope your chairman have equivalent views on welcoming me.

To my fellow hobbyist, let’s permit this thread to end here. Thank you all for sharing your many thoughts and experiences on this issue. We all discover different affairs or matters over time and some might be pleasant and others afflictive. So let us all learn along the way.

Thank you
              Hi there, good move to end the issue. But hey, I do feel for you. You just want a place to try your new RC boat. and watsup with all that trouble that u went thru- totally uncalled for rite.

1) Why are people so stuck up? Isnt there a friendlier way of doing things?
              2) I can understand we need courtesy to play RC but why set so many rules to play these RC boats. Why dont have this attitude of sharing the fun?

I guess its just your bad experience bro. Sorry about that.

Comment

Originally posted by roro77
                Hi there, good move to end the issue. But hey, I do feel for you. You just want a place to try your new RC boat. and watsup with all that trouble that u went thru- totally uncalled for rite.

1) Why are people so stuck up? Isnt there a friendlier way of doing things?
                2) I can understand we need courtesy to play RC but why set so many rules to play these RC boats. Why dont have this attitude of sharing the fun?

I guess its just your bad experience bro. Sorry about that.
                Dear Roro77, its your first post here and you are restarting something that has been let passed.. .. . .

if speedster wishes to make any further comments he is welcome to do so..

you need not make judgements that these are play boats as in your comment #2. Rules exist for a reason. Would you want to crash a $2000+ boat because someone decided to play his $50 boat as and when he liked?

Comment #1, nobody was stuck up and it was a matter of miscom...
                Were you there? I assume not so please refrain from making judgements or comments that are damaging to other peoples credibility.....

There has a been a PP FAQ.
                You got anything to ask? Drop a comment there please
                f

Comment

singapore is singapore afterall

so better follow the rules lar...

its not like in australia ... the ponds there are huge ... haahaa

if you can find one you and literally run or do anything you can think about it in ... except killing yourself inside... on a second thought maybe you can...

i dont think the pond is PP is for drinking purposes right ... dont really see the issue... but then again if there are too many inconsiderate boats... then the place will be quite messed up after some time ... and who is going to clean up... haha

anyway... make the best of what you have lor ... rules will be rules... so have fun and play within it
                  sigpic
                  What goes up must come down ... its a matter of how

Comment

Originally posted by cdckjn
                    Honestly, I don't do boats. But I do go to the Punggol Park pond to enjoy myself. If you want to put Nitro boats into the water there, honestly I will 100% object, The simple reason is that nitro will dirty the water there.

If you run battery-powered boats, they are ok, as they will not pollute the water but nitro no matter how careful you are, somehow, someday, accidents will occur and this will pollute the water. And this will be very bad.
                    Can all consider this point and NOT have nitro boats in Punggol Park pond.

Thanks for understanding.
                    Actually, Batteries are worse. Any form of powered stuff requires energy and I have not heard of any energy store that is friendly yet.
                    Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Admin, please close this thread so it cannot resurface by some people making anymore comments.
                      I think the matter has been settled and should go away.
                      Thanks
                      f

Comment

Working...
                      X