Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Extremely Unfriendly Encounter in PP

Who says the boating folks in PP are friendly?

I have just been there today with a brand new boat, RTR and was TURN AWAY!!

Well there is this guy that stopped me and told me many stuffs about "N" parks, liscence and etc. The point is that i cant run my boat in his pond unless i register as a member first, then he will help me to modify to my boat to suit his clubs' regulations.

His exact words: "register as a member then we can help you from there!!!"
    WARNING!!! He told me i am not the first one who get turned away

Well, it is a very disappointing experience!!!

Just wanna let pple know what is going on in PP. You might be next!!!!!

hi,where is tis pp anyway?

Comment

punggol park?
      Don't PCW

Beam E4
      Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
      Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

if its punggol park,

Hello Everyone, Yes, it is in the planning process now, Bliss Restaurant is keen in promotting the hobby with better facilities, yes your guess is as good as mine. International layout coures, launching platform, Pilot platform, retrievel boat, OB motor, bulletin board at the restaurant and clocks as well as tranponders.If you

Comment

Originally posted by speedster
          Who says the boating folks in PP are friendly?

I have just been there today with a brand new boat, RTR and was TURN AWAY!!

Well there is this guy that stopped me and told me many stuffs about "N" parks, liscence and etc. The point is that i cant run my boat in his pond unless i register as a member first, then he will help me to modify to my boat to suit his clubs' regulations.

His exact words: "register as a member then we can help you from there!!!"
          WARNING!!! He told me i am not the first one who get turned away

Well, it is a very disappointing experience!!!

Just wanna let pple know what is going on in PP. You might be next!!!!!
          you get disappointed just because you are asked to follow the rules???

Comment

Originally posted by awesome
            you get disappointed just because you are asked to follow the rules???
            No no... rules can be followed. But the attitude the fellow gives is that i have to be a member first before i can talk about any other things.

The first impression is : Go to the CC and register first, then talk. "For now u have to leave."

It is different from flying as pple help willingly. They come over talk about the problems and see if they can help solving it.

This one just ask me to go off and pointing to another guy, saying that he was sent back too on his first trip. He subqequently became a member then he was assisted in a way or another so that he can play his boat there.

There is this other guy, squating under the tree signaling this the guy talking to me to let me at least try in boat. But this fellow refused. Probably i just ask the wrong fellow.

Just too bad.... Just wanna tell pple to check the rules of the game before getting asked to leave.

Comment

HI, can i ask what boat you were intending to run?
              EP, GP ?
              Secondly,can you describe the people that you quoted as unfriendly?

Maybe i can help enlighten you on some things
              thanks
              f

Comment

No no... rules can be followed. But the attitude the fellow gives is that i have to be a member first before i can talk about any other things.

The first impression is : Go to the CC and register first, then talk. "For now u have to leave."

It is different from flying as pple help willingly. They come over talk about the problems and see if they can help solving it.

This one just ask me to go off and pointing to another guy, saying that he was sent back too on his first trip. He subqequently became a member then he was assisted in a way or another so that he can play his boat there.

There is this other guy, squating under the tree signaling this the guy talking to me to let me at least try in boat. But this fellow refused. Probably i just ask the wrong fellow.

Just too bad.... Just wanna tell pple to check the rules of the game before getting asked to leave.
                well..glad that you've cooled off..

i think there might be some misunderstanding here..i don't play boats and have only visited those guys once..yeap..some are very friendly and others are a little reserved..but its mainly because we don't know each other..they are very helpful, actually..

and don't see why he needs to point to the other guy as what you had mentioned..really no reason from him to start embarrassing anyone..

Comment

Originally posted by dirtdynamics
                  HI, can i ask what boat you were intending to run?
                  EP, GP ?
                  Secondly,can you describe the people that you quoted as unfriendly?

Maybe i can help enlighten you on some things
                  thanks
                  Hey thanks, I brought the boat from HK, RTR, it comes with a small engine (Nitro).

This guy is a malay fellow, a little plump,medium height, speaks good english and wear a club's t-shirt. Never see what boat he is running. Among the first thing he says is go to the cc and register first then the club would advice me on the modification.

He mentioned something about his club, his pond and his ass if he were to let me start my boat in his pond. "HIS".

Well this seems to be unpleasant......

Comment

is PP the only pond to paly boat? I can understand that is can be quite frustrating that you have brought all your things there ending up being turn away by the management. in retrospect, if you know that the rules exsist and trying your luck over there, then you have only yourself to blame. I dont know whether is it illegal to play there but anyway there is always other ponds around. westcoast,eastcoast park,bedok reservior,BP pond..........and of course bath tub.......tiny rc boat that I use to play with my kid during bathing time.

Comment

No Nitro in Punggol Park Please - reasons as listed

Honestly, I don't do boats. But I do go to the Punggol Park pond to enjoy myself. If you want to put Nitro boats into the water there, honestly I will 100% object, The simple reason is that nitro will dirty the water there.

If you run battery-powered boats, they are ok, as they will not pollute the water but nitro no matter how careful you are, somehow, someday, accidents will occur and this will pollute the water. And this will be very bad.
                      Can all consider this point and NOT have nitro boats in Punggol Park pond.

Thanks for understanding.

Hey thanks, I brought the boat from HK, RTR, it comes with a small engine (Nitro).

This guy is a malay fellow, a little plump,medium height, speaks good english and wear a club's t-shirt. Never see what boat he is running. Among the first thing he says is go to the cc and register first then the club would advice me on the modification.

He mentioned something about his club, his pond and his ass if he were to let me start my boat in his pond. "HIS".

Comment

1st off. PP requires a sound limit (DB) max 90db to run nitro and gas boats.
                        So maybe your boat will exceed that ruling.
                        2nd. The pond has been commisioned by N-Park as an official place where members can play boats.
                        N-park needs a list of members so they can keep track of the people who come down and play there.

Reason gas/nitro is a proble is that remember that this is after all a residential place nearby and sunday there are many visitors 2 the pond.
                        People also fish there.
                        The club has worked very hard to get the pond and sundays (2-5pm) as anb official place and time to run your gas/nitro boats.

The person you have refered to is actually the one in charge of the club and therefore the pond.
                        Should you decide to play there and there is a complaint then he may suffer the consequences and the club may lose its pond.
                        Also if you crash the boat into a guys fishing his line has then you cannot be helped but if you were a member then you have all the right and backup that you need.

If he has sounded rude and told you to not play your boat then i apologize on the clubs behalf, as i am a member myself and i know why things are the way they are.

I 1st came without a boat and found out more before getting my own boat and becoming a member.

People there are a nice but some people hava chosen to bend the rules and that almost made the N-parks take the rights back.

Then how?

So bro, don't blast the club or people just yet...
                        Hope all is settled...

Cheers
                        f

Comment

Let's get the facts right

Bro, showing up at the Punggol Park pond at close to 6pm with a nitro boat running a tuned pipe is not going to win you any friends.

Turning you away is infinitely better than having NParks and the Punggol residents shut down PP!! I'm sure if the pond was near your house, you would want the same thing.

All nitro boats at PP are subject to a db sound limit (which rules out straigt-thru tuned pipes unless you bolt on an effective muffler extension) and must stop running at 6pm.
                          If in doubt - add more horsepower!

Comment

To "cdckin" -> about pollution, i must agree with u, however many pple do play nitro boats there. I am not sure if that was one of their considerations. I do see many noisy nitros zooming ard the pond.

dirtdynamics -> Your explaination is more relevant. It is better than telling me to go to the cc and register than talk about other stuffs.

I am not shooting the crowd of boaters. There is this other guy squating there, he did not speak but he seems kind enough to signal the malay fellow to let me try. (There are still nice pple ard, but i didnt managed to speak to a better fellow) The malay guy is incharge.. so that's my luck.

Frankly, who likes to go to a place and then told to leave? My boat is new, bought from HK. Few days old and never had a single drop of nitro yet. Brought it down to the pond hoping to test it out. Instead of meeting a friendly guy, i was told to leave.

I asked if i can start the boat and the answer was strictly no.

It seems to me that this is huge misunderstanding. Well, hope i have better luck elsewhere.

THIS THREAD IS TO LET PPLE KNOW WHAT THEY SHOULD DO B4 HAND, dont be turned away next.

Comment

Originally posted by Doraemon
                              Bro, showing up at the Punggol Park pond at close to 6pm with a nitro boat running a tuned pipe is not going to win you any friends.

Turning you away is infinitely better than having NParks and the Punggol residents shut down PP!! I'm sure if the pond was near your house, you would want the same thing.

All nitro boats at PP are subject to a db sound limit (which rules out straigt-thru tuned pipes unless you bolt on an effective muffler extension) and must stop running at 6pm.
                              Hey, this boat is brand new. It came all RTR. It looks like an exhaust to me.
                              I have not heard how loud a tune pipe it. Like i have said, i havent even start it before. BRAND NEW. ... "and he said he knows....."

Look!!! Pungol Park looks like any other parks that public goes. Whether is 6pm or 5am. God know that there is a limit in playing time?? There isn't any signs that says PP boat club, No Boating after 6pm. It seems like another PUBLIC pond.

The point is ....... it is a public place. Since the club have authorities over the pond then so be it. I respect that.

Wat i did was approached and asked if anyone using my freq. Then the next thing was go to the club to register, then no playing for the day. TURNED AWAY!!!

WASn't all these true?

Look!! I havent even play boat before and i dont think i deserve this type of treatment.

Comment

Working...
                              X