Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Project Top Speed

Time to start a new build thread for another project

This is an outboard powered tunnel hull made by Aquacraft called Top Speed 2 (dunno what happened to Top Speed 1 ). The boat is available in Singapore from NTC

Unfortunatley, outboard nitro engines are a lot harder to come by in Singapore so I had to go online to import one from the US... should be here in less than 2 weeks

So, while I wait for the engine to arrive... got a bit itchy with the spray can... you can see the result from the photos.

Should have the radio and fuel tank installed in the next week or two... followed by the engine when it arrives... looking forward to breaking in the new engine at Punggol when the world cup is finished

The Aquacraft Models website has a lot more info on this boat for those who are interested

If in doubt - add more horsepower!

way to go Herman! keep it coming. Ezzy.

Comment

Yo ez, hope the tuned pipe for your K&B outoard arrives at the same time so we can do some circuit racing at PP with our two Top Speeds

My next step is to drop by Rotor this Sat to pick up a hi torque servo for the steering... do you think a 9kg/cm servo be enough?

Comment

Hi Dor... nice boat. I was thinking about that boat as well. Juz worried about the noise level of the outboards. Looks very sleek .....

Comment

Good day mate! yep, it will work great. Even better, if you linked it with the J cable to the steering servo. This way you'll get all the juice from the (4.8 or 6V you decided) to the servo direct. Let me if you're keen in this set up, mine will be set up this way, also I'll be using the futaba S3120 mini servo for the curb, Hitec have their version too . I'll keep you posted on the Quite pipes.

Play by the rule, be a member
          Ezzy.

Comment

Hi Phan, so you also cc lok lok this boat Buy Buy Buy

Dun worry about the sound level... I checked with ez before I bought... a .21 outboard with stock muffler box or a quite tuned pipe should only hit around 80+dBs at 30 metres (ez, do jump in if I'm wrong!).

We are quite conscious of noise at PP because of the residential area... anyway, ez always carry a dB meter and kicks ppl out if their engines are too loud Otherwise, we lose the pond

Comment

[QUOTE=ez zai]Good day mate! yep, it will work great. Even better, if you linked it with the J cable to the steering servo. This way you'll get all the juice from the (4.8 or 6V you decided) to the servo direct. Let me if you're keen in this set up, mine will be set up this way, also I'll be using the futaba S3120 mini servo for the curb, Hitec have their version too . I'll keep you posted on the Quite pipes.

Yeah, would be good to have a quite pipe to extract more RPMs

J cable... is that what they use on 1/4 scale planes... usually for the rudder?

I will wait n see what your set up is like... if , then me copy

Comment

6v batt

well better get yr team magic 6v batt(1400mah) fast cos they r clearing 40% off at the retail price at rotor.

Comment

[QUOTE=Doraemon]
                  Originally posted by ez zai
                  . I'll keep you posted on the Quite pipes.
                  Err what r Quite pipes? R these quieter than the quiet pipes? Or r they quite quiet pipes?

Comment

[QUOTE=Zanter]
                    Originally posted by Doraemon

Err what r Quite pipes? R these quieter than the quiet pipes? Or r they quite quiet pipes?
                    Err, let's just say your favourite "MAC" tuned pipes are not "Quiet" pipes

Comment

This is an outboard powered tunnel hull made by Aquacraft called Top Speed 2 (dunno what happened to Top Speed 1 ). The boat is available in Singapore from NTC
                      Nice..... I like I like I like IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                      f

Comment

This is an outboard powered tunnel hull made by Aquacraft called Top Speed 2 (dunno what happened to Top Speed 1 ).
                        Wah seh! I saw it at NTC too! So you took it home. Nice boat man.
                        For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Hi, Zanter the answer to your question, Quite pipes are pipes design to bring the db down without loosing much of your engine performance. Much work had to be done to produce these pipes, thus they cost slightly more than the 'tune' ones.

Play by the rule, Be a member.

Comment

Ah soh! So they r really called Quite pipes?

Well it good to reduce the db of an outboard. Doraemon is a social conscious creature indeed! .

Maybe I will electrify my tunnel & give Doraemon a run for his money

Originally posted by ez zai
                            Hi, Zanter the answer to your question, Quite pipes are pipes design to bring the db down without loosing much of your engine performance. Much work had to be done to produce these pipes, thus they cost slightly more than the 'tune' ones.

Play by the rule, Be a member.

Comment

Originally posted by Zanter
                              Doraemon is a social conscious creature indeed! .
                              A "social conscious nitro boater"? I think that's what they call an oxymoron

BTW, your BL motor + hi amp BL ESC + 12 cells = nitro outboard + 2 year supply of nitro fuel Stop faking it, I know you're a nitrohead... I got photos to prove it

Comment

Working...
                              X