Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lipo Blotted on one side within a Month

Hi recently bought a 2400mah battery 3 cells. Within a month it become unbalance and recently a few days ago realised one of the battery is also blotted.

Why a new battery can get blotted so fast and become unbalance.

Please advise !

Originally posted by jerahteo
    Hi recently bought a 2400mah battery 3 cells. Within a month it become unbalance and recently a few days ago realised one of the battery is also blotted.

Why a new battery can get blotted so fast and become unbalance.

Please advise !
    The bloat is probably a result of usi ng the battery despite the cells being inbalanced. This over-discharges one of the cell, resulting in the bloat. Other reasons could be the quality of the lipo itself.... I have heard some ppl complain tt their lipo bloat jus after 1 cycle

Safely dispose of the bloated pack. Keeping it around wun do u any good anyway

Comment

What will happen if I continue to used it , will it burst in to flame or explode ???

Spend hundred over S$120 on this ETEC battery, what a waste, is there anyw way out other than ending up in the dustbin

Comment

May I know what model is that ETec u using? Can show some picture of it?

Thanks

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by jerahteo
          What will happen if I continue to used it , will it burst in to flame or explode ???

Spend hundred over S$120 on this ETEC battery, what a waste, is there anyw way out other than ending up in the dustbin
          Highly unrecommended but u can salvage the un-spoilt cells. Desolder the cells from the pcb, making sure nothing gets shorted. Remember that the soldering iron tip is conductive and can cause shorts if not careful.... No point using the pack as it is since it will not be able to give the type of discharge u need anymore. About the burst into flame and explode part? - it may even happen if u dun handle ur bloated cell properly

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
            May I know what model is that ETec u using? Can show some picture of it?

Thanks

Super-Hornet
            I don;t know the model as there was no labeling on the battery. I was told it was an ETEC Battery.

Sure here is the picture attached. But you can't really see the blot from the pic. In fact you can;t tell from looking at it only when you touch it you feel like there was some air or bubble in it , that kind of feeling !

Comment

Super-hornet, side track a bit currently are you using any balancer to balance you battery. If yes what do you used any recommendation.

Also are you using CCPM, and also are you using the Algin CF frame. If yes do you feel the the Algin stock is more powerful? The one with the rocker arm. Or should I say the respond is slower for the aleron and elevator. Do you have this same experience ?

Comment

Hi Jerah

If your battery is really ETec, then your battery is the same as mine. I have 2 packs (Well actually 2S1Px2 per pack). No I didn't use any balancer. In fact, my older ETec 1700mAH that I have, after a few months, I open up and measure and all cell are very very close voltage to each other.

For my old ETec (1700mAH), if I stress them hard, it do get bloated (minor like got air bubble inside) but when cool down, it return to original state. Some of my old ETec do got minor bubble even when cool down but when I fully charge it, it goes back to normal. If your bloated battery do not come down, then it is either u overdischarging or overshorted it or it is dying off liau.

As for the side track reply... I decided to post it in a new thread in Helicopters Section. Jerah, go there and read it.

Super-Hornet
                Last edited by Super-Hornet; 31-10-2005, 02:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X