Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing the battery from 3pin JST connector to 2pin JST connector

Is there anyway that i can change a battery from 3pin JST connector to 2pin JST connector
    or is there any adapter for it?

3 pin JST with 3 wire scheme - either Red, Black, White or Red, Brown, Orange?

Comment

I am not sure what you mean. Lipo Battery discharge connectors come in 2 leads, Black and Red for positive and negative. I have never seen a JST discharge lead with 3 pins.

Not unless you man the JST-XH BALANCE connectors.
      As these are used to balance charge batteries, they come in different pin sizes:
      2s -3pins
      3s - 4pins
      N(s)- N+1 pins

by default 2 pin would mean a 1S battery. Why would you even need a balance connector on a 1S battery? Nothing to balance!
      Hanger
      Hirobo XRB SR Lama
      Hirobo Quark SRB
      Hirobo Quark SRB SG
      Eflite Blade SR (For Display)
      Blade450 3D
      MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)
      COMPASS 6HV (Combat Fit PES A)

Plane
      Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
      FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
      Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
      HK FLYJET EDF
      Artech Skyfun
      Dynam P51D Mustang
      Parkzone P51

Tx:
      Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
      Spektrum DX6i
      DX8
      Futaba 9CAP

Comment

He has a 2S battery with a discharge connector (a Dean or XT60) and a 3-pin JST balance connector.
        Now what he wants is a cable harness that one end is a 3-pin male connector (to connect to the 3-pin battery balance connector), and the other end are two 2-pin JST female connectors. Effectively he wants to split the 2s balance connector into two 1S connectors, so that he can charge the 2S battery using one or two single cell (1s) charger(s).
        Everyone has to start this hobby as newbie.

Comment

Originally posted by dt2133 View Post
          He has a 2S battery with a discharge connector (a Dean or XT60) and a 3-pin JST balance connector.
          Now what he wants is a cable harness that one end is a 3-pin male connector (to connect to the 3-pin battery balance connector), and the other end are two 2-pin JST female connectors. Effectively he wants to split the 2s balance connector into two 1S connectors, so that he can charge the 2S battery using one or two single cell (1s) charger(s).
          Currently, JST XH 2 pin balance connector does not exist, and havent been invented yet. My advise would be to DIY. Items needed:
          1. 2 discharge plugs, in this case the non-XH JST plugs.
          2. Lead Solder 70/30
          3. Soldering iron
          4. Shrink tubing

Should be a 15 min job. Do tape the bare wires when soldering to prevent accidental short circuit.
          Hanger
          Hirobo XRB SR Lama
          Hirobo Quark SRB
          Hirobo Quark SRB SG
          Blade450 3D
          MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)

Plane
          Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
          FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
          Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
          HK FLYJET EDF
          Artech Skyfun
          Dynam P51D Mustang
          Parkzone P51

Tx:
          Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
          Spektrum DX6i
          DX8
          Futaba 9CAP

Comment

Originally posted by elmosan View Post
            Currently, JST XH 2 pin balance connector does not exist, and havent been invented yet.
            Yes, understand that 3.7V is a single cell, so no meaning in term of balancing. There are 1s chargers that use 2-pin JST-XH connector for charging purpose. I do not think he is trying to balance his 2s while charging. He simply wants to charge the 2s battery using 1s charger; he may charge one cell at a time (if he has one charger only) or he can charge both cells at the same time (if he has two 1s chargers). No one is talking about charge balancing of 1s battery. We are not talking about balancing. Just talking about charging the 2s through the balance connector using 1s charger.

Comment

Originally posted by dt2133 View Post
              Yes, understand that 3.7V is a single cell, so no meaning in term of balancing. There are 1s chargers that use 2-pin JST-XH connector for charging purpose. I do not think he is trying to balance his 2s while charging. He simply wants to charge the 2s battery using 1s charger; he may charge one cell at a time (if he has one charger only) or he can charge both cells at the same time (if he has two 1s chargers). No one is talking about charge balancing of 1s battery. We are not talking about balancing. Just talking about charging the 2s through the balance connector using 1s charger.
              Long story cut short, TS, you may have to DIY as what you are looking for is very uncommon. Thanks to dt2133 for adding on so much information. I think TS read also will blur.
              Hanger
              Hirobo XRB SR Lama
              Hirobo Quark SRB
              Hirobo Quark SRB SG
              Blade450 3D
              MSH Mini Protos (SOLD)

Plane
              Dynam PBY Catalina 1.4m
              FMS J3 Cub 1.4m
              Artech F14 Tomcat EDF
              HK FLYJET EDF
              Artech Skyfun
              Dynam P51D Mustang
              Parkzone P51

Tx:
              Futaba 6J 2.4GHz(SOLD)
              Spektrum DX6i
              DX8
              Futaba 9CAP

Comment

LOL.

Comment

Working...
                X