Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

3S became 2S

There is something wrong with my Turnigy 3S 2200mAh 25C battery that I had bought from HobbyKing. The last cell seems dead - my IMAX B6AC charger reports 0V for the last cell; I also tested the corresponding pin with a multimeter which reported 0V as well.

As this is a cheapo battery, is there any easy way to fix it?

Would this battery 2S battery with a 3S shape and weight be useful to anyone? If it can't be fixed, I may sell it really cheap or give it away.

Thanks.
    Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
    Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly
    Planes: Volantex 757-4, F16 EDF, F959, F939, HiSKY HFW400
    Transmitter: Taranis X9D+

bro this had happen to me once when i had accidently short circuited my 5s battery and it became 4s !! the 3rd cell pack was screwed after cutting the top off i saw that my cell wire had cut/burn off!,but eventually i soldered it back and it was working as normal again.this problem can be even caused by a small spark when in contact with the charger.

Comment

Finally, a reply!

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I may have shorted the battery due to carelessness one fine day... Oh well.

I'll see if opening the battery to check the connections is possible. If you could, please provide some clues as I've never cut open a 3S pack.
      Helicopters: KDS 450QS+Tarot 450FL+ZYX4.0, XK K120, HiSKY HCP100S, HP100BL, V922, HCP80
      Multirotors: Wingsland MiniVet, CX-20, NightHawk Pro 280, ROA Parkour 280, Eachine Falcon 250, Eachine Racer 250, Eachine Assassin 180, Tarot TL130H1, DP4X-124, Skyartec Butterfly
      Planes: Volantex 757-4, F16 EDF, F959, F939, HiSKY HFW400
      Transmitter: Taranis X9D+

Comment

bro remember u are to cut the top white batt protector with extreme caution as if u use metal scissors to cut and it touches the leads u ma cause a big electric shock as the others are still functioning and u can cause a massive fire.open it only if u have a special electrical fire extinguisher(not the normal one).but the one using foam.*note do not follow what i just did!!!!! many times it happen to me and once when i was cutting it open it sparked the full inside and the battery started to work as per normal.this has a 50-50 chance of working for me !!but do not try it as it is very risky!!i did cause i had space and protection. if u have any other quires i will try my best to help u out,

delta

Comment

if you have time bring the battery into me and i'll comvert it to a true 2S.
          maybe you can use it for something else.
          john
          Revo John
          REVOLECTRIX Singapore
          1090 Lower Delta Rd #03-01
          Singapore
          [url]www.revolectrix.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
          X