Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prolux charger problem

Hi

Suddenly have this problem with my charger. It will beep rapidly when I try to charge, I try it on 3 lipo pack and still the same problem.

Help!
    Akro 804M(GP to EP), Built by Mr Bong in 1985, a gift from Daniel Soon - KIA
    Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no1, eated by tree
    Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no2, maiden on 17 Oct 09 at Anchorvale
    Clouds Fly(EP), convert to night flyer?
    Heli
    Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice
    Hirobo GPH346 flight time - alot of CP 15% liao

Rapid sounds more like u trying to charge 3Cell battery that is way below 9V or 2Cell that is way below 6V.

Try charge other battery to see got such rapid "peeping" sound or not. If not, then measure your "peeping" battery to see what is the voltage.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
      Rapid sounds more like u trying to charge 3Cell battery that is way below 9V or 2Cell that is way below 6V.

Try charge other battery to see got such rapid "peeping" sound or not. If not, then measure your "peeping" battery to see what is the voltage.

Super-Hornet
      Hi

The batteries are ok as I tried it on another prolux charger without any problem.

This problem arises when I left the battery plugged into the charger after charge completed. Suddenly, the charger sounded off the beeps rapidly. I quickly shutdown the charger and unplug the battery. But found out later that it cannot charge anymore and I smell something burnt in it.
      Heli
      Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice

Comment

sorry to hear that... most likely yours prolux gonecase ... go shopping for t15. good stuff.
        Hover: STILL many many
        FF: so-so; fig 8s, nose-in hover
        Crash (Major): 4
        Back to flying... let the goods times roll

Comment

If there is a smell...chances it is gone liau. Circuit burn outl

Super-Hornet

Comment

i tot prolux is peak charger.. ?? it will stop charging when fully charge the batt..
            sigpic

Comment

Most of the time I left my battery charger overnite... your case is probably bad luck. U bought from Chxxxxxn is it?

Super-Hornet

Comment

repaired?

maybe u can send it to Mr. Sanwa Wong for repaired. pm me if u want the contact. i repaired once.
                Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Originally posted by intrance
                  i tot prolux is peak charger.. ?? it will stop charging when fully charge the batt..
                  Lipo chargers are NOT peak chargers. They are constant current/constant voltage chargers.

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet
                    Most of the time I left my battery charger overnite... your case is probably bad luck. U bought from Chxxxxxn is it?

Super-Hornet
                    Been using it for 8 mths without any problem. Sign must be bad luck lah . I bought the charger from R***r.
                    Heli

Comment

Originally posted by temannis
                      This problem arises when I left the battery plugged into the charger after charge completed. Suddenly, the charger sounded off the beeps rapidly. I quickly shutdown the charger and unplug the battery. But found out later that it cannot charge anymore and I smell something burnt in it.

Hi temannis,
                      I bought one of this charger from R***r too. Have been using it for months and no problem... . I think it's best to quickly unplug the battery once it is fully charged and the beeps sounds off. Don't left it plugged for sometime... Play safe...
                      For the Love of Flying...

Comment

I would not advise anyone leaving the lipo battery connected to the charger overnight. Some chargers may continue to trickle charge, and lead to over-charging.

Comment

It is time that I go get a T15 charger.. Only SHS carry these charger?
                          Heli

Comment

ok.. would like to ask ur experiences on this charger..

i charged my 3s, 1300mah with this prolux charger.. all settings were correct.. (3cells, 1A) after charging was complete.. it produced the *beep, beep, beep* tone.

den after tat, i went to charge my 2s, 1250mah, changed the settings (2cells, 1A)and start charging.. the charger was beside me when i charge.. ard abt 45mins later.. i notice the LED was blinking.. and there was NO *beep, beep, beep* tone. so i assume charging was complete.. unplug batt and disconnect power.. checked the voltage of lipo ~ 8.32V (looks ok to me)

is this normal? or there is some error while charging that made the LED blinks? and why was there no tone?

pls advise..

thanks!

rifqi.
                            this hobby is a compulsion/addiction/disease

Comment

Nope... If LED blinking but no tone... means u haven't fully charge yet.

I think it is like "Beep.......................Beep................... ......." when u start connecting battery.
                              When press start to charge, it produce "Beep! (Short)" and LED is on.
                              When about to reach full charge, LED like blinking.
                              When Full Charge, "Beep!....Beep! Beep! Beep!........ Beep! Beep! Beep!.... for up to 10 times.... Then Beep! (Short).........................................Be ep!..............................Beep!......foreve r till u remove battery.

When u get "Beep!Beep! Beep! Beep!.Beep! Beep! Beep!.Beep! Beep! Beep!.Beep! Beep! Beep!", meaning either u try to charge 1Cell with 2Cell or more or 2Cell with 3Cell setting or your battery is way below the value.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
                              X