Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

soldering for battery packs

i would like to know if special kinds of soldering are used for connecting battery packs and wires. i recently added a spare plug for charging my batt on board so i used normal solder and soldered it on.

however while charging last night, the charger showed the battery took on 3600 mah, which is the capacity of the battery itself. end voltage was 5.8 volts.

could anyone tell me whats up?
    JR 9x
    Raptor 50 SE
    Raptor 90 3D
    Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
    Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
    Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
    i would like to know if special kinds of soldering are used for connecting battery packs and wires. i recently added a spare plug for charging my batt on board so i used normal solder and soldered it on.

however while charging last night, the charger showed the battery took on 3600 mah, which is the capacity of the battery itself. end voltage was 5.8 volts.

Bro

I do not think you need special solder to connect the batts as I used the normal one (from SLT) to connect all my batts for EP car. Do take note that you have to be careful when soldering, do not place the soldering iron on the batt for too long and heat up the batt. It may damage them!

Cheers
    What goes up must come down!

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng

Mine would take on 3700++ while the batt cap is 3600mAh. Are you using the all red Sanyo 3600?

I dun think its the solder causing this.

Comment

Just remember ....do not heat up your solder for too long as oxidation would develop and form a lump soldered joint , which is bad for conductivity. A good soldered joint should be looking smooth and shining.

Comment

Working...
        X