Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charger to Battery Cable

Hi,
    can any one advise how long the cable from the charger to the battery should be? I need to making one for my Titron charger. Was wondering if any diff if I make it 36" long or 12" long.

Appreciate all the input before I start cutting the wire and soldering on those expensive dean connectors.

Cheers.

-shim

1st Time for Everything

Okay I could not wait any longer for advise, so I went ahead and made the cable about 12" long.

Just wondering what the other Triton owners use?

This will be my first time using the Triton charger and also the first time I am charging a lipo.

By the way I measured the new unused 2cell lipo and it read 7.532V before charging. About 3.7v per cell. Is this okay. Worried about damaging them during soldering.

Wish me luck.

-shim

Comment

Originally posted by shim
      Okay I could not wait any longer for advise, so I went ahead and made the cable about 12" long.

By the way I measured the new unused 2cell lipo and it read 7.532V before charging. About 3.7v per cell. Is this okay. Worried about damaging them during soldering.

Wish me luck.

-shim
      12 inches is good.
      Your cells are ok with that voltage.

Comment

Hi Shim,

Would you like to share with us what kind of Power
        Supply are you using for your Triton charger ?
        Cheers..

Comment

Just wondering what the other Triton owners use?

This will be my first time using the Triton charger and also the first time I am charging a lipo.

Wish me luck.

-shim
          My charging leads are about a foot too. BTW, what kind of wire did you use to make the lead?
          For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Answer to Query

Sorry for the long silence. Had a big headache trying to figure how to work the charger.

Also for those who are going to make their own lead, I have been informed by the charger manufacturer that the shorter the lead on the charger to battery side the better as there will be less resiatance. So meaning less likely hood of false peak reading during charging.

Mad Armour,
            The wire I used is just ordinary eletrical wire I bought off the electronic store. I think it something like 24gauge or something. Only $0.50cents per meter. The expensive bit is the dean connector.

kolekim,
            I am currently using my car battery as source. If all works out I may buy a regulated 12v 6amp transformer. That is the current and voltage that has been recommended some where in this thread about alternative ac/dc source.

Comment

The wire I used is just ordinary eletrical wire I bought off the electronic store. I think it something like 24gauge or something. Only $0.50cents per meter. The expensive bit is the dean connector.
              Try to use larger gauge wires for charging if you can. Again, it's the resistance thingy. Makes no sense to use Deans and thin wires right?
              For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Speaking of cables, is anyone using speaker cables for the charger-battery connection ? It is multistranded and quite good price $1/- per meter for 14/16 gauge.

Think of all the DIY cars grounding where 8-12 Gauge wire is used.

------------------------
                Up... Up... and AWAY !

Comment

Originally posted by AirTrekker
                  Speaking of cables, is anyone using speaker cables for the charger-battery connection ? It is multistranded and quite good price $1/- per meter for 14/16 gauge.

Think of all the DIY cars grounding where 8-12 Gauge wire is used.
                  I'm using speaker cables.

Comment

Working...
                  X