Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbalance Lipo.

Guys i got a 6000mah lipo and one of the cell is lower then the other 2, abt 1.7v. Any advise on bringing back to normal? I tried charged it on nicad but only goes up to 2.7v and when i unplug it, it drop to 1.7v again.

Originally posted by Mer78 View Post
    Guys i got a 6000mah lipo and one of the cell is lower then the other 2, abt 1.7v. Any advise on bringing back to normal? I tried charged it on nicad but only goes up to 2.7v and when i unplug it, it drop to 1.7v again.
    Y r u using nicad settings to charge lipo on your charger?

Comment

What you are having is term as ' lazy cell'. Do this, balance charge it at 0.5 amps - 0.8amp(depends on your recommended charge rate, mine is 4.5A). it may take long hours to get 0.1V up. But you should see a slight improvement after a few cycles of discharging and charging. It works for me.
      Warpath Wong

Comment

hi bro,

u can try using those non-computerized balance charger. I dunnoe wad u call those charger but its e cheap type (nmlly included in RTF sets), charge 2S n 3S batteries only through e balancing connector and works by charging the cell in e lipo pack one by one.

Comment

I have tried and even save a dead cell...(lucky nothing happened)

From my experience, there is no point of using this lipo again.
          It's already damage. My dead cell can not hold charge at all.
          Fully charge 4.2 and next day will reach 3.6
          I love PAP

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
            Y r u using nicad settings to charge lipo on your charger?
            Because my charger wont charge when the batt is not balance. Only nicab can I charge it.

Comment

Originally posted by Battle fury View Post
              What you are having is term as ' lazy cell'. Do this, balance charge it at 0.5 amps - 0.8amp(depends on your recommended charge rate, mine is 4.5A). it may take long hours to get 0.1V up. But you should see a slight improvement after a few cycles of discharging and charging. It works for me.
              Will try this method.

Comment

Originally posted by beefncake View Post
                hi bro,

u can try using those non-computerized balance charger. I dunnoe wad u call those charger but its e cheap type (nmlly included in RTF sets), charge 2S n 3S batteries only through e balancing connector and works by charging the cell in e lipo pack one by one.
                Where you get it from?

Comment

Originally posted by hallobaby View Post
                  I have tried and even save a dead cell...(lucky nothing happened)

From my experience, there is no point of using this lipo again.
                  It's already damage. My dead cell can not hold charge at all.
                  Fully charge 4.2 and next day will reach 3.6
                  I just use it to power other things not using it to fly or wat ever so.

Comment

Where you get it from?
                    I got one, the blue one from h o b b y k i n g, the other one the black one in the photo background was from my Sky Surfer RTF set. I can lend u if u wan as I seldom use it as for normal charging it takes very long time to complete. U will need a 12to18V min 5A output PSU to use it.

Comment

Because my charger wont charge when the batt is not balance. Only nicab can I charge it.
                      I did this method to salvage my dead cell before.

1) Charge the LOWEST CELL by connecting the balance tab of THAT cell to your lipo charger & set the charger's settings to 1 cell. Don't have to plug in the deans. Just solely charge via the balancing tab. (MAKE SURE u understand the electrical circuit diagram of a 3 cell lipo before connecting the balancing tab, if not u will be charging the wrong cell or worse, putting u or the lipo at risk.

2) Charge that cell to the voltage that is similar to either 1 of the other 2 cell's voltage.

3) Charge all 3 cells as per normal n see if that cell return to normal 'life', otherwise that cell is gone.

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                        I did this method to salvage my dead cell before.

1) Charge the LOWEST CELL by connecting the balance tab of THAT cell to your lipo charger & set the charger's settings to 1 cell. Don't have to plug in the deans. Just solely charge via the balancing tab. (MAKE SURE u understand the electrical circuit diagram of a 3 cell lipo before connecting the balancing tab, if not u will be charging the wrong cell or worse, putting u or the lipo at risk.

2) Charge that cell to the voltage that is similar to either 1 of the other 2 cell's voltage.

3) Charge all 3 cells as per normal n see if that cell return to normal 'life', otherwise that cell is gone.
                        How to charge with only the balance plug pluged into the charger? My charger will appear error n won't charge it. My is the imax from JH.

Comment

Originally posted by beefncake View Post
                          I got one, the blue one from h o b b y k i n g, the other one the black one in the photo background was from my Sky Surfer RTF set. I can lend u if u wan as I seldom use it as for normal charging it takes very long time to complete. U will need a 12to18V min 5A output PSU to use it.
                          Thanks pal, but i dont want to spoil other ppl things. Not good. Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                          X