Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

discharging batts

do you normally discharge your nicad batt to a voltage of 0.7V per cell before you recharge so as to evade memory effect? I do it on my raptor though, but not on my tx...

Try to do the same as your ruppy 30 batt discharge them first than recharge again batt do had some menory.

jameswilliam

Comment

I cycle mine once in a while....been five mths already...and doing fine...my Tx using 1800mah ni mh...so far so good...just charge and go....

RX using sanyo 2400 nicd....cycle once every two weeks
      TREX 500 ESP
      Futaba T12FGH

Comment

If you are using NiHm, there should not have any memory effect. However, heat will damage the battery. So be careful when you charge it.

For NiCad, yes, you will need to cycle it regularly.
        huh

Comment

I notice from my nicad 2400 pack, they tend to loose their charge quite quickly, leave for two weeks, it appear to self discharge.

Not very good for rx. The sanyo 1700 sooo much better.
          Crazy about speed

Comment

Yup nimh cells self discharge and lose about 3-4% of it's charge everyday.

A nicd cell will lose about 2-3% everyday.

When storing nimh cells you actually should partially charge it first to avoid it self discharging till it's voltage gets too low.

the best way to get as much security and perfomance from batteries (especially on-board radio ones on glow models) is to cycle them regularly and to avoid fast charging.

Comment

Working...
            X