Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lipo Shipping from HK....

Hi Guys,

I'm having issue shipping 7 battery from HK... It was sent via Swiss Post, the package traveled from HK -> Switzerland -> Germany, now it is should be making it's way to Timbuktu

Did Hongkong post ban lipo from their mail system?

Regards,
    SR
    Work Work... More Work?

Did you use registered mail?

There's some rules about lipo on airplanes....
    "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

i have 6 batteries from OK Hong Kong via EMS..
      from Hong Kong > Singapore direct.. 2 days + 2 Days

the other 2 days is , because i not at home and need to redirect to post office :p

Comment

Paid for Fedex Express... They email me that fedex don't accept lipo, so the batteries are on the slow boat to SG
        Work Work... More Work?

Comment

so did they refund u the money on shipping? i presume Fedex shipping is a substantial amount

Comment

Nah. They split the order into two shipments. The other stuffs when by fedex, the lipo by Swiss post.
            Work Work... More Work?

Comment

Hi Bro the items will reach you around 2 to 3 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaorong View Post
                Hi Guys,

I'm having issue shipping 7 battery from HK... It was sent via Swiss Post, the package traveled from HK -> Switzerland -> Germany, now it is should be making it's way to Timbuktu

Did Hongkong post ban lipo from their mail system?

Regards,
                SR
                It's not due to any lipo ban. It's more due to your choice of shipping.

If you're using EMS, then yes, directly ship to your address, takes only 3 days or less.

If you use the normal shipping option, it is usually via swiss post, can take up to a month to reach you. The package travels to several locations worldwide, because I think it's part of a huge consignment comprising several orders. Saves money for HK, which translates to the cheaper shipping option for you.
                ------------------------------
                Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
                NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Originally posted by foxkilo View Post
                  It's not due to any lipo ban. It's more due to your choice of shipping.

If you're using EMS, then yes, directly ship to your address, takes only 3 days or less.

If you use the normal shipping option, it is usually via swiss post, can take up to a month to reach you. The package travels to several locations worldwide, because I think it's part of a huge consignment comprising several orders. Saves money for HK, which translates to the cheaper shipping option for you.
                  I bought my stuff from the a relatively new web store, leadershobby... Choose fedex express, don't think they knew it is possible to send lipo via EMS
                  Work Work... More Work?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaorong View Post
                    I bought my stuff from the a relatively new web store, leadershobby... Choose fedex express, don't think they knew it is possible to send lipo via EMS
                    bro

I won't recommend getting the kingmax 6s 5200mah lipo 35c, couldn't handle high amp draw as the battery cell terminal got burnt.
                    My fleets
                    Stiletto tunnel, DF Mono, EPV 135, CT06 Hydroplane

Comment

Lipo is banned by HKPost. That was because there had been cases of LiPo fires at the postal office. You can find the threads at the HK forum.

Shipping is via SwissPost Consignment or SingPost Consignment, very much depend on amount of mAH of LiPo inside.

Both are ship as consignment to their respective distribution centers before transhipped out again. If your package went via SingPost Consignment, it can be tracked by SingPost EMS page.. but do not expect it to be like EMS.. arrive very fast. After it touch down in SG, it may get disappear from the tracking for a few days before suddenly appearing at your door.

Don't be surprise that a few small LiPo get wrapped up like giant ballons when they arrive. That's how they manage to convince SwissPost and SingPost that their LiPos are safed to be send.

I have attached some pics of the packaging they did to make it "safe and acceptable". The 1S 300mAH lipo is wrapped till almost as big as a 6S 3000mAH.

Just be patient. It will arrive.
                      Last edited by nic; 23-01-2012, 07:59 AM.
                      huh

Comment

Originally posted by nic View Post
                        Lipo is banned by HKPost. That was because there had been cases of LiPo fires at the postal office. You can find the threads at the HK forum.

Shipping is via SwissPost Consignment or SingPost Consignment, very much depend on amount of mAH of LiPo inside.

Both are ship as consignment to their respective distribution centers before transhipped out again. If your package went via SingPost Consignment, it can be tracked by SingPost EMS page.. but do not expect it to be like EMS.. arrive very fast. After it touch down in SG, it may get disappear from the tracking for a few days before suddenly appearing at your door.

Don't be surprise that a few small LiPo get wrapped up like giant ballons when they arrive. That's how they manage to convince SwissPost and SingPost that their LiPos are safed to be send.

I have attached some pics of the packaging they did to make it "safe and acceptable". The 1S 300mAH lipo is wrapped till almost as big as a 6S 3000mAH.

Just be patient. It will arrive.
                        Thank you for the information
                        Will post a pic of the 1300mah and 1800mah battery when they arrived, should be hilarious
                        Work Work... More Work?

Comment

hilarious update!

hilarious update! They actually have a postage service to the outer space!

Man... Swiss post sent my package to the nebula Got the payapl refund back from the web store...
                          Work Work... More Work?

Comment

To the nebular??

Which one?
                            "Always fly with a responsible attitude. You may think that flying low over other people’s heads is proof of your piloting skill; others know better. The real expert does not need to prove himself in such childish ways..." - the Multiplex Build Manual

Comment

Should be Eagle Nebula
                              Work Work... More Work?

Comment

Working...
                              X