Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

diffs in balance charging accuracy of new and used lipo pack with the same charger

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

diffs in balance charging accuracy of new and used lipo pack with the same charger

hi, ive juz got a new icharger 106b+ and i also bought a hyperion eos sentry battery checker.

Ive tried balance charging a relatively new unbranded 1350mah 3s1p lipo with e mentioned icharger model and though the individual readings on the icharger after the balance charge differs slightly when i checked against the hyperion battery checker, I am quite pleased cos on the hyperion batt checker, the inbalance of the highest and lowest cell was only 8mv (0.008V).

However when i tried to balance charge quite an aged pack which was given by my friend ( polyquest 2200mah 3s1p lipo ), after the balance charge on the same charger and same settings, when i checked on the hyperion batt checker, it was 18mv which was out of the accuracy of the i-charger manufacter's specs of <10mv. Do note that my new 1350mah pack balance results of 8mv was within <10mv.

So 2 Questions here:-

1) Does an aged lipo pack definitely will balance less accurately on the same charger/settings versus a new pack?

2) Which cell readings is more accurate? My Icharger 106B+ or Hyperion EOS Sentry Battery Checker? I suppose should be Hyperion Batt checker since it can reads to 4.xxx V digits versus my Icharger which screen only show up to
    4.xxV. And if it is so, is the Hyperion batt checker precise and accurate enuf to calibrate my Icharger?

Sorry as Im new to electric
Working...
X