Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good to see revival of an old thread. I do parallel charging since buying the icharger 306b. I use a 300w psu which can push a max of approx 12a (300W/25.2v=11.90A) which is equivalent to 4packs of 6s3000mah at 1C. Charging takes about an hour or so. Gone are the days when I had to wait more than 10hrs using the t15plus.

One thing that I would always note: voltage is of utmost importance: NEVER parallel charge a 5s paired with a 6s. State of lipos should somewhat be in a similar state of discharge.

There's also a youtube vid on voltz chargers demo by Bert on how he charged a 6s5000 under 20mins or so. He connected two psu units in series hence enabling 600w of charging.

There are several good connectors at h*bby-K*ing nowadays to connect lipos in parallel. I have read plenty of rave reviews on powerlab chargers and if I stick to EP helis, I will def upgrade my charger to a powerlab, no questions abt it.

Have fun charging and be safe.
    Heli-ADDICTION:
    Mikado Logos, RaptorG4s, X7F, 600ESP...
    JUST one more Logo...for the month.

Comment

I'm currently using a Powerlab 6 and iCharger 3010b to charge all my 3s and 6s batteries. With the powerlab 6, I can charge 6 packs at 2C and be done in 30 min. Same for the iCharger.

The reason for 2 chargers is because of the different batteries. I have 2s, 3s and 6s batteries to charge for my cars and helis. Parallel charging only allows packs with the SAME cell count, thus 2 chargers can allow me to charge using less time.

All these powered previously by 2x12v=24v power supply, now changed to an 18v 30a power supply.

Comment

john is the pl6 in yet? my power supply arrived
        A hobby turned Addiction
        Micros
        Iphone controlled fixed pitch heli ,Genius Cp ,Mini Cp ,V120D02s ,V120D02s ,Stupid 200 heli from Hobby Square

Minis
        Trex 250 pro ,HobbyKing 450Pro stretched 480 ,HDX Superframe 450 stretch to 480 ,Mini Titan FL V2 ,Protos stretch

Standard
        Trex 550 v2 ,Trex 550 v2 stretch to 600 ,Logo 600SE Carbon ,Goblin 700

Coming
        Compass Warp 360

Maybe
        Goblin 500 , Protos 700

Comment

Just sharing my charging setup

Comment

isnt there a peak voltage allowed for these chargers? 18V still too low??? what would you suggest the optimal V should be in this case then..
            Regards,
            Xuen7

SELLING
            2 x Brand New ThunderPower G6 Batteries 65C 5000mAH
            Kontronik HeliJive 120HV ESC

Brand New Mcpx Upgrades
            Flashed XP-12A for MCPX Governed and Brushless Conversion
            Flashed XP-3A for MCPX tail brushless Conversion

BUYING
            MCPX parts / kit etc..
            Burned MCPX Mainboards

"Learning the art of forgetting for the sake of remembering"

Comment

Originally posted by xuen7 View Post
              isnt there a peak voltage allowed for these chargers? 18V still too low??? what would you suggest the optimal V should be in this case then..
              The 3010i peaks at 24v and the Powerlab 6 can take up to 30v to output at its full power.

Comment

i'm taking typically half a day to charge 10 batts with 2 chargers. 2 in series takes about 2 hrs for balance charge.

can someone pm me where to get a setup that charge all 3s with different mah at one go?

Comment

Originally posted by legionx View Post
                  i'm taking typically half a day to charge 10 batts with 2 chargers. 2 in series takes about 2 hrs for balance charge.

can someone pm me where to get a setup that charge all 3s with different mah at one go?
                  recommend powerlab with MPA board to parra charge up to 6 at same time....
                  Revo John
                  REVOLECTRIX Singapore
                  1090 Lower Delta Rd #03-01
                  Singapore
                  [url]www.revolectrix.com[/url]

Comment

Working...
                  X