Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BATTERY and CHARGER Qs.....

Hi there....im into electronics too.But im abit lost at these charger stuff....it may be a stupid questn but i hope someone can ans my queries.....

1 All these "chargers" such as the Li-po 3834/triton...theyneed to be connected to our household supply or the 12v supply during charging?cos im having the idea that these are those portables pack that you charge at home and bring outdoor to charge up you batt when they are flat.....

2 if they are indeed used and power up by 12v supply eg(PSU) the batteries are then connected to the charger?so am i right to say that batt>charger>PSU???

3 when you guys mention 1 cell, 2cell...etc...it means 1 batt or multiple batt in a wrap consider 1 cell??

4 lets say my transmitter eg,rcvr uses 4AA batt.the closes nicd batt i see closest to the 6v range are only 4.8v....can these be used/>??

I appreciate any reply.I have search trgh the site but im still sort of lost....Many thanks!

Originally posted by ofna
    1 All these "chargers" such as the Li-po 3834/triton...theyneed to be connected to our household supply or the 12v supply during charging?cos im having the idea that these are those portables pack that you charge at home and bring outdoor to charge up you batt when they are flat.....
    Many of the chargers available need a power supply that can supply 12v with a specific ampere output. The more amp output, the more expensive the PS unit.

Only few chargers that have built in PS unit are:

CDC Eagle AC/DC
    Speed Ex15
    Speed Ex14pro

2 if they are indeed used and power up by 12v supply eg(PSU) the batteries are then connected to the charger?so am i right to say that batt>charger>PSU???
    PSU supply power to the charger, then charger in turn, supply power to charger your batts.

3 when you guys mention 1 cell, 2cell...etc...it means 1 batt or multiple batt in a wrap consider 1 cell??
    Cell count means individual cell to make up the voltage required.
    for Lipos, 1 cell means 3.7v
    for NiCD/NiMH, 1 cell means 1.2v
    for lead acid, 1 cell means 2.0v
    for consumer alkaline/mercury drycells (AA, AAA, C, or D size), 1 cell means 1.5v

4 lets say my transmitter eg,rcvr uses 4AA batt.the closes nicd batt i see closest to the 6v range are only 4.8v....can these be used/>??
    Most equipment have a operating voltage range...even our electrical appliances accepts a range of voltage, eg from 220v-240v

For the TX/RX, if you use 1.2v NiMh/NiCD cells, 4x1.2v gives u 4.8v, if you use 1.5v AA cells, then 4x 1.5v will give u 6v. Normally the tx/rx can handle such range.

Hope this helps.
    [SIZE="1"]
    [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
    Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Hi there....im into electronics too.But im abit lost at these charger stuff....it may be a stupid questn but i hope someone can ans my queries.....

I appreciate any reply.I have search trgh the site but im still sort of lost....Many thanks!
      ok ofna, let me try and help u out.
      1. Triton is connected to a 12V power supply. tat means that the 12v power supply is powering the Triton which in turn is charging whatever NiCd or Mh or lipo battery you have. the 12V power supply can be a lead acid battery of a simple computer PSU giving out enough amps. So yes, you can charge up ur lead acid battery and bring it out to ur flying field and charge ur plane batteries from ur triton powered by the lead acid battery.

2. Yes, airplane battery connects to the Triton charger which is connected to the PSU(in this case(field charging), a lead acid battery)

3. 1 cell, 2 cell is refering to the number of batteries in a pack. for example, a 8 cell Ni-Mh pack will give out 9.6V (1.2V X 8). Whereas for lipo packs, each cell is 3.7V. So a 3cell lipo pack will have 11.1V.

4. Usually, the transmitters using 8 AA alkaline batteries can still run on 9.6V as when the Nickel batteries are full or half full they usually have above 9.6V. Or for reciever packs like in ur ofna(assuming!), you can use 5 cells to compensate for the lost in voltage.

hope it answers ur questions.

artyspec

Comment

hi 9VDXN!

thanks for clearing my doubts...so thats the reason of pple modding the PSU.It does help indeed!

Comment

woops, guess we were typing at the same time!

Comment

hello arty...

so the lead acid batt which is same as the car/bike type of batt act as a 12v power source for the charger when you go out onto the field right...?

Comment

and im replying to bothof ya!

Comment

same as bike. Car one also can but dont u think it is a little heavy? although capacity is much higher. Typically we use those 7Ah lead acid batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by Artyspec
                  same as bike. Car one also can but dont u think it is a little heavy? although capacity is much higher. Typically we use those 7Ah lead acid batteries.
                  lead acid as in the onewhich need to have distilled water top up? can we use dry cell bike batt?

Comment

ok, Maintanance-Free Sealed Lead Acid batteries. No need to fill water.

Comment

Working...
                    X