Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

--------- Eco6-10 Temp Over Err

Hi all,

I currently own two --------- Eco6-10 200W Chargers. They have just arrived about 3 days ago. Unfortunately, a problem has occurred in one of them. It says 'Temp Over Err' despite the fan going at full blast. Below is a full description:

I was charging a 3S 11.1V LiPo pack at 10A. That works out to be around 120W initially. During the CC/CV phase, the charge current, as reported by the charger, is between 0.1A-0.3A. Suddenly, it just reported 'Temp Over Err'.

I then tried to charge up a smaller 1000mAh 2S LiPo pack. Within a few seconds of starting up the charging process, the 'Temp Over Err' occurred. I managed to check the internal temperature that was reported by the charger. It says 85 degrees Celsius. I believe it's a problem with the thermistor.

After that, I let the charger sit for 1 hr or so without power. I then tried to charge the similar 1000mAh 2S LiPo pack. The charger reported an internal temperature of 23 degrees Celsius initially which quickly rose to 70 degrees Celsius in a short span of 3minutes or so. However, it did not go past the 80 degree Celsius mark.

The charger also did fine in charging a 2200mAh 4S LiPo pack at 10A subsequently but with a reported internal temperature of 67 to 75 degrees Celsius. It also managed to discharge the same LiPo pack at 25W to storage without the 'Temp Over Err' message.

So the question is: is it possible to replace the thermistor? If yes, how?
    Shipping it back to --------- is not an option due to the trouble and possibly high shipping fees involved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Originally posted by Schneizel View Post
    Hi all,

I currently own two --------- Eco6-10 200W Chargers. They have just arrived about 3 days ago. Unfortunately, a problem has occurred in one of them. It says 'Temp Over Err' despite the fan going at full blast. Below is a full description:

I was charging a 3S 11.1V LiPo pack at 10A. That works out to be around 120W initially. During the CC/CV phase, the charge current, as reported by the charger, is between 0.1A-0.3A. Suddenly, it just reported 'Temp Over Err'.

I then tried to charge up a smaller 1000mAh 2S LiPo pack. Within a few seconds of starting up the charging process, the 'Temp Over Err' occurred. I managed to check the internal temperature that was reported by the charger. It says 85 degrees Celsius. I believe it's a problem with the thermistor.

After that, I let the charger sit for 1 hr or so without power. I then tried to charge the similar 1000mAh 2S LiPo pack. The charger reported an internal temperature of 23 degrees Celsius initially which quickly rose to 70 degrees Celsius in a short span of 3minutes or so. However, it did not go past the 80 degree Celsius mark.

The charger also did fine in charging a 2200mAh 4S LiPo pack at 10A subsequently but with a reported internal temperature of 67 to 75 degrees Celsius. It also managed to discharge the same LiPo pack at 25W to storage without the 'Temp Over Err' message.

So the question is: is it possible to replace the thermistor? If yes, how?
    Shipping it back to --------- is not an option due to the trouble and possibly high shipping fees involved.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Wow.. now many mha is your battery ?? and is it 1C or 2C or how many C ??? Can tahan 10 A ?

Comment

Originally posted by BenziT View Post
      Wow.. now many mha is your battery ?? and is it 1C or 2C or how many C ??? Can tahan 10 A ?
      It's a self build Lion pack. Rated at 1c charge, at least 14Ah capacity. Most of the newer lipo batteries today can tolerate 5c-10c charge rate.

Comment

Working...
      X