Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charging Batts Help!

Ok I have a few questions to ask about charging batteries.

I have one of those advanced chargers where you can choose what batt type and so on.

I have a 1500 mah 7.4 volt lipo "High Discharge", How many (a)'s do i charge it at eg 1.0a or 2.0a. I really dont know. There is also a discharge on the charger, It has a options to increase and decrease the decharge rate, d=.001 ect... what should i do here?

I Also have a 8.4 bolt 800mah Nihm Which i would like to charge and discharge, WILL THE RATE OF CHARGING AND THE RATE OF DECHARGING MATTER? AND AFFECT THE BATTERIES???

thanks so much

also One of my lipos when i put it on the charger the charger screams saying Check BATT LOW VOLTAGE

Comment

What charger is that? Does it allow you to select the type of batt u are charging?

Most lipos in the market max charge rate is 1C, 1500mah 1.5 amps charge rate. I would always suggest 80% of the max rate.

Nimh, max charge rate 1c. discharge rate depends on type of cells and wiring.

Your lipo with voltage too low, what is the actual voltage of the pack?

Cheers

Comment

ohno, i have been charging my nimh at 2C....

Comment

for all small cells do charge them at 1C

for sub -C cells you can pump them at 2 C or more.

for ALL LIPO limit to 1C for safe operation.
          i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse
            for all small cells do charge them at 1C

for sub -C cells you can pump them at 2 C or more.

for ALL LIPO limit to 1C for safe operation.
            Hi Guys,

What is 1C or 2C stands for?

So if i have a 6.0V 1100MAH i can just charge to 1C? no need to configure anything else? I have two 7.2v 1500MAH and 6.0V 1100MAH how to set the configuration for my charger?As my charger only have this configuration:

1. charge current : the maximum is 7.00Amps.

2.Peak detect? how many volts should i set it too? the maximum value is .192

3. mAHr lockout should i set it to ON or OFF and value what should i set it
            too..the maximum value is 10000

4. Trickle charge ? should i set it to Yes or NO

5.Charge mode ? should i set to single or triple rate? what the reason to
            setting triple rate?

I hope you guys can help me with this. As i don't want to spoil the battery during charging.

Comment

Originally posted by Awallisk
              Hi Guys,

What is 1C or 2C stands for?

So if i have a 6.0V 1100MAH i can just charge to 1C? no need to configure anything else? I have two 7.2v 1500MAH and 6.0V 1100MAH how to set the configuration for my charger?As my charger only have this configuration:

setting triple rate?

I hope you guys can help me with this. As i don't want to spoil the battery during charging.
              Hi guys any idea?

Comment

What batteries are u planning to charge? What kind of charger are using.

C stands for battery capacity.

Comment

nimh battery for the 6.0 volt and for 7.2 is a NICD battery

Comment

Originally posted by Awallisk
                    nimh battery for the 6.0 volt and for 7.2 is a NICD battery

Comment

First of all, don't believe everything you read from angelfire about nicad/nimh.

If this is a homemade charger, you have to verify the charger yourself for reliablity. ie setting 2amps output and the output is really 2 amps. Does it maintain 2 amps after half hour of charging?

Can u set the charge current limit? or is there an auto function? Should follow the recommended max charge current for the batt.

One method of terminating a nicad charge is the change in peak voltage also known as delta peak. The smaller the value, the sooner the charger stop charging. Usually, the lesser number of cells the peak value is set lower. I normally use 0.02v/cell. If your pack is 7.2v which is 6 cells so 6x0.02 = 0.140. I don't know if this method is applicable for nimh.

This is a safety function, incase the peak detection fails, this would be the secondary stop charge trigger. The value should be set to the batt mah value. You will have to fine tune this set fig as you get to know the charger charateristics better.

Yes for nicad, No for nimh.

setting triple rate.

For nimh single rate. For nicad sub C u may set to triple rate. This is something like charging at 1c or 2c or 3c. I would never charge nimh at more than 1c.

Charging batt can be very dangerous, you must always monitor the batt while charging. If the cells temp rises above 40 deg C, u must terminate the charging immediately. Charge at your own risk

Comment

Originally posted by X34
                        First of all, don't believe everything you read from angelfire about nicad/nimh.

If this is a homemade charger, you have to verify the charger yourself for reliablity. ie setting 2amps output and the output is really 2 amps. Does it maintain 2 amps after half hour of charging?

Can u set the charge current limit? or is there an auto function? Should follow the recommended max charge current for the batt.

One method of terminating a nicad charge is the change in peak voltage also known as delta peak. The smaller the value, the sooner the charger stop charging. Usually, the lesser number of cells the peak value is set lower. I normally use 0.02v/cell. If your pack is 7.2v which is 6 cells so 6x0.02 = 0.140. I don't know if this method is applicable for nimh.

This is a safety function, incase the peak detection fails, this would be the secondary stop charge trigger. The value should be set to the batt mah value. You will have to fine tune this set fig as you get to know the charger charateristics better.

Yes for nicad, No for nimh.

setting triple rate.

For nimh single rate. For nicad sub C u may set to triple rate. This is something like charging at 1c or 2c or 3c. I would never charge nimh at more than 1c.

Charging batt can be very dangerous, you must always monitor the batt while charging. If the cells temp rises above 40 deg C, u must terminate the charging immediately. Charge at your own risk

THanks X34

Comment

Working...
                        X