Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too much heat due to current flow

any idea what will happen when current travel from a thicker wire to a thinner wire?

i know that there will be excessive heat in the thiner wire, but what is the situation which may happen?
    \

Originally posted by yeow
    any idea what will happen when current travel from a thicker wire to a thinner wire?

i know that there will be excessive heat in the thiner wire, but what is the situation which may happen?
    \
    This is as good as having a thin wire through out the circuit. Your current will be limited by the thinner one. The size of 1mm sqaure wire can usually carry about 9A or less. If you over do it let say three time, it will melt in no time.

Comment

hmm............
      wah!
      thank

Comment

how much can a standard servo wire take?
        JR 9x
        Raptor 50 SE
        Raptor 90 3D
        Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
        Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
        Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
          how much can a standard servo wire take?
          Should not be much, may be 0.5A.

Comment

so little? then how ppl charge the onboard batt packs at 1a?
            JR 9x
            Raptor 50 SE
            Raptor 90 3D
            Mini-Titan

Superb machine!

Piper Warrior 2 Pa-28-161
            Lycoming O-320-D3G 160HP

Pilatus PC-21
            Pratt & Whitney PT6A-64B 1600SHP

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon Chng
              so little? then how ppl charge the onboard batt packs at 1a?
              Sorry thought you say the standard servo unit. I missed the word "wire" . I am not sure what is the typical size of a standard servo wire , but mine is about 24 AWG should be able to carry 3.5A.

Comment

The standard servo wire 0.50 amps, it can take higher current for a brief period.

As for charging the standard rx pack at 1 amp not so good. The wire itself causing resistance and may fool the charger.

For those who use sub c pack with standard wire for rx should not charge more than 0.5 amps. I know it may appear to work at higher amp charging, the total mah charged in may be the battery capacity but the batt would not last as long.

To charge at say 2 amps the wire should be 1.5mm2 and using deans connector or higher current spec connectors and bypassing the switch.

Comment

Hi
                  I got interesting finding today. My 3s uses JST connector which heated quite badly on last full throttle flight. Back home measure only 8v on my 3s from the connector.. thinking bat is dead and wanted to salvage 2 s out of it. To my surprise the inner bat still measure 9+ v .. which means the wire is actually degrade ... now charging bat again .. so I share this experience b4 any1 thought of throwing bat, thinking its may b over discard

Comment

Working...
                  X