Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12s charger

Hi all,

Am looking to buy a charger that can charge up to 12s... Hyperion chargers are out of stock for quite a while now, and I've been waiting for the stock to come in but it seems to be taking quite a while. Is that other brand that is similar to the hyperion 615i duo so that i can get and start charging the batts that have been sitting around?
    Thunder Tiger 50 Titan SE
    YS 56SR wif Hatori muffler
    Align DS610 for cyclics
    JR770T + JR8900G
    JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
    Savox BSM 1650KV + CC85HV
    MKS9660 for cyclics
    Mini Vbar 5.2 Pro + BLS251
    JR DSX9

Hyperion 0615DUO3 is in stock

Graupner chargers can charge up to 14s if required
    [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
    [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

The T30 looks good. Good on the wallet also.

Comment

The T30, i got to get a seperate balancer for it? From what it says in shs website, seems like it does not have integrated balancer. Unless i have read it wrongly...
        Align DS610 for cyclics
        JR770T + JR8900G
        JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
        MKS9660 for cyclics
        JR DSX9

Comment

Originally posted by RadioControl-Sports View Post
          Hyperion 0615DUO3 is in stock

Graupner chargers can charge up to 14s if required
          Cant seem to find any hyperion charger listed on ur site.. As for the graupner chargers, they are way beyond my budget....
          Align DS610 for cyclics
          JR770T + JR8900G
          JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
          MKS9660 for cyclics
          JR DSX9

Comment

Originally posted by chasers View Post
            Cant seem to find any hyperion charger listed on ur site.. As for the graupner chargers, they are way beyond my budget....
            Bro, one important feature you need to check for is watt rating.

Just remember that a manufacturer can for example promise you 12s and up to 10amp charge rate but similarly also slapped a stupid 50w max (or better still make no mention) rating. To charge a 6s at say 5amp rate, you need the charger to be able to do 126 watt minimum.
            Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
              Bro, one important feature you need to check for is watt rating.

Just remember that a manufacturer can for example promise you 12s and up to 10amp charge rate but similarly also slapped a stupid 50w max (or better still make no mention) rating. To charge a 6s at say 5amp rate, you need the charger to be able to do 126 watt minimum.
              Roger that!!

so far I have single out the 615 duo, but skyhobbies site has been saying that its been out of stock.. wonder if a newer version is coming out.. Checked out the T30 from tahmazo, but it seems like theres no integrated balancer. If I were to opt for 10s charging, then there are many options to choose from. To think of it, my eraptor is only running 10s, but i am just afraid that if i were to get a 10s charger, in future if i were to go 12s on the rappy, then i have to sell the charger again.....
              Align DS610 for cyclics
              JR770T + JR8900G
              JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
              MKS9660 for cyclics
              JR DSX9

Comment

Originally posted by chasers View Post
                Roger that!!

so far I have single out the 615 duo, but skyhobbies site has been saying that its been out of stock.. wonder if a newer version is coming out.. Checked out the T30 from tahmazo, but it seems like theres no integrated balancer. If I were to opt for 10s charging, then there are many options to choose from. To think of it, my eraptor is only running 10s, but i am just afraid that if i were to get a 10s charger, in future if i were to go 12s on the rappy, then i have to sell the charger again.....
                Bro, what I do is get many "capable" chargers to do 6s charging instead. So all my 12s and below applications are split packs in 5s, 6s, 4s etc. I charge them individually at the same time. This greatly reduces the damage in the pocket as looking for a capable 12s 5amp charger is frankly quite hard to come by and prob very ex.

Also, you will prob notice too doing these kind of "extreme" charging calls for heavy duty connectors and wires. Check them regularly, some of them are not able to support and can melt due to heat build up.
                Stop looking for a gyro in my plane, they are all in the head.

Comment

Originally posted by edmond22 View Post
                  Bro, what I do is get many "capable" chargers to do 6s charging instead. So all my 12s and below applications are split packs in 5s, 6s, 4s etc. I charge them individually at the same time. This greatly reduces the damage in the pocket as looking for a capable 12s 5amp charger is frankly quite hard to come by and prob very ex.

Also, you will prob notice too doing these kind of "extreme" charging calls for heavy duty connectors and wires. Check them regularly, some of them are not able to support and can melt due to heat build up.
                  My 10s pack is actually 2 x 5s.. was thinking of charging together to get them to balance for both packs... Currently i have a bc6 which can probably charge at 2.2a for the 5s pack. wif 2 pairs of 5s to charger, its gonna take in ages to finish charging them

Thats why i am looking for one that can charge both at the same time, also sync-ing them....
                  Align DS610 for cyclics
                  JR770T + JR8900G
                  JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
                  MKS9660 for cyclics
                  JR DSX9

Comment

I think the rcs website is not very updated, some items are probably physically in the shop, but not on the web. No harm giving him a call.

A few things you might want to consider when selecting a charger...

1. E-raptor, or any 600size e-heli is already very powerful on 10s. Unless you need to run a 90size e-heli...then maybe you need 12s. In any case, I think if you really need to run 12s, you will probably be using 2x6s rather than 1x12s stick.

2. In some case, it might be cheaper to buy 2x good 6s-10s charger than to buy a dual charger or a 12s-14s charger. A few options you can look at might be a pair of cellpro 10s or icharger 6s/8s. It might be another story if you need the discharge function.

3. P.S.U. Big chargers require decently sized psu that is stable.

Many current budget 6s chargers are 50w output only, thus they take very long to charge big packs.

sigpic

Comment

My suggestion is to get an icharger(There are 6S, 8S and 10S models) . It is very reasonably priced. You can charge 2 lipos (must be same type and capacity) or more by parallel charging.

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                        I think the rcs website is not very updated, some items are probably physically in the shop, but not on the web. No harm giving him a call.

A few things you might want to consider when selecting a charger...

1. E-raptor, or any 600size e-heli is already very powerful on 10s. Unless you need to run a 90size e-heli...then maybe you need 12s. In any case, I think if you really need to run 12s, you will probably be using 2x6s rather than 1x12s stick.

2. In some case, it might be cheaper to buy 2x good 6s-10s charger than to buy a dual charger or a 12s-14s charger. A few options you can look at might be a pair of cellpro 10s or icharger 6s/8s. It might be another story if you need the discharge function.

3. P.S.U. Big chargers require decently sized psu that is stable.

Many current budget 6s chargers are 50w output only, thus they take very long to charge big packs.
                        I will be running 2x6s if i were to go 12s, cant afford 1x12s or 1x10s pack.. Reason why i am not going for good 6 cell charger is becoz i cant sync the two charger to charge the pair of batt and as if its a single pack.. As far as i know, only hyperion chargers allow sync-ing of two chargers, cant think of another brand that is able to do that....
                        Align DS610 for cyclics
                        JR770T + JR8900G
                        JR DSX9

Mikado Logo 400SE
                        MKS9660 for cyclics
                        JR DSX9

Comment

TBH, I don't really know anything about the sync charging. To me, whether you charge the packs to 4.20v each cell in sync mode or using different chargers for each cell, it is charged means it is charged.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                            You are too conservative! rcs website is NOT updated at all!
                            [I][SIZE="2"][B][COLOR="Red"]Radio Control Sports Pte Ltd[/COLOR][/SIZE][/I]

[url]http://www.radiocontrol-sports.com[/url]
                            [url]http://www.facebook.com/RadioControlSports[/url][/B]

Comment

buy my duo 2 180watt each side can sync 2 6s into 1 big 12s. So i can upgrade my charger. Sell u cheap cheap. Pm me. Cheers.

too many PM!!!

sell 200

grab and run

Straight out of the box, you'll find all you need to get going including two sets of Hyperion adapters.
                              Battery types: 1-6 cells LiPo; 1-6 cells LiIon; 1-6 cells A123 (LiFePO4); 1-16 cells NiCD/NiMH; 1-12 cell lead-acid batteries
                              Balancer: Built-in (2), with 10A maximum rating and 300mAh maximum balance rate per cell
                              Balancer: Two Hyperion adapters included; others available
                              Maximum charge output: 360 watts
                              Charge current: 0.1A to 10A, in 0.1A increments
                              Input voltage range: 11V-26V
                              Memories: 20 (10 per charger side)
                              Weight: 1.15 pounds
                              Size (WxDxH): 6.75"x6"x2.5"
                              Data port: Available, with yet-to-be-released software (data cable sold separately)
                              Last edited by fuse; 09-02-2010, 12:03 PM. Reason: add more info
                              i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X