Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LiPo Calculation Tools

Hi guys,

I was actually reading up a bit on LiPo calculations, as I'm doing some research before starting my first scratchbuild project. I consolidated all those calculations with regards to flight times and capacity and stuff into an excel sheet, kinda by accident.

So, I added a few bligz and boomz to it to make it nicer... and here's the product. Just wanna share with you guys to help you in basic LiPo selection.

I'll work out one for motor kV, cell voltage and power soon after my exams. Let me know if it's useful, ya?

85100.zip

PS: Currently only available in Office 2007, unfortunately due to some of the blingz I added. Will try and get one in Office 2003 version soon.
    Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Sorry!!

Oops... Sorry... Uploaded the wrong file... Here's the correct one...

85101.zip
    Did you know that dolphins are so intelligent that within only a few weeks of captivity, they can train humans to stand at the very edge of the pool and throw them fish.

Comment

Clarifications

Hi guys,

Well, I just want to share this bit of info from my LiPo tools calc...

When you punch in time requirement and Amp draw, I guess you get funny C-rates... If you use the tools to calculate, please go to the higher band C rates ya? Eg, if the display shows 10.2C, then go for a 15C, etc, etc... This is due to inefficiencies...

Well, I'm not so much an expert on LiPo... So I guess I'll just share a bit of whatever I know with you guys ya?

General rule of thumb I use when selecting LiPo for ESC and Motor matching is this simple formula below:-

Constant Current Disch (A) = (mAh/1000) x "C" Rating

Approx. flight time (min) = [(mAh/1000)/Current draw] x 60

Hope this helps a bit, ya?

Comment

Here is some of the my personal input,

1. Motor inefficiency is usually in the range of 80~90% when operating at 100% power, depending on if its a in-runner or out-runner. Safely, I always assume highest efficiency @ 80%.

2. LIPO discharge curve is non linear. You will need to factor additional power losses.

3. Power = I*V, so voltage will reduce/increase the amount of current required to produce a certain power, thus for Lipo calculation, the number of cell aka voltage will have to be factored in. ie using a 3S1P 2200mah Lipo nearly equal to a 4S1P 1750mah when required to produce a certain rpm/power on the motor.
        ------------------
        Capturing light and storing them as a offline memory in the form of a photograph.

FFF:
        Raptor 90 3D (Crashes 1)
        OS 91HZ
        RJX 90sz Muffler
        HC3-SX
        Align D610 Cyclic and Throttle
        Align D650 Tail
        GVR-7020 Gryphon Extreme Regulator
        Futaba R6108SB

TT X50 TT Ed.
        RedLine RL-56H + Funtech B320 FAI Muffler
        Align D610 Cyclic