Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choice of Duo type chargers

Hi All
    Wanted some thoughts on charger selection.
    I'm considering the Bantam BC8DX vs the Hyperion 615DuoIII. I know the former goes to 7S vs 6s but I've not been able to find much on it. Has anyone experience with either? I was also thinking of the Graupner Duo 50 at a stretch. Currently using 6S 2500ma packs for my T500 but going to a Logo 600 next.

Many thanks
    Ken

Decided with go with the Graupner Ultramat 50 and had a question on the banana plugs and choice of wire.
    - Is 14AWG gauge silicon wire the right ones to use from the charger to the battery?
    - Is it enough to screw down on the cable or really need to solder?

Many thanks
    Ken

Comment

It will be better to solder, or if you have very good crimping terminals and tools

Comment

Originally posted by kenghock View Post
        Decided with go with the Graupner Ultramat 50 and had a question on the banana plugs and choice of wire.
        - Is 14AWG gauge silicon wire the right ones to use from the charger to the battery?
        - Is it enough to screw down on the cable or really need to solder?

Many thanks
        Ken
        Depends on ur charging amp. How many amps u intend to charge it??? 14AWG can easily handle 20-30amps.

If u are doing 1C charging, then 14AWG should not be a problem. If u are doing 5C or more, then upgrade ur cable.

It is the same theory as jump start cables. U dont use car jump start cables for lorries. U will fry the cables. Car uses 12V, lorries using 24V.

Comment

A cheaper alternative is to buy the icharger. Depending on the models. The chargers can charge from 10A to 20A. You can charge 2 or more lipos by using parallel charging.

Comment

Working...
          X