Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dixon's ICE?? Where ah??

Dixon when ur ICE coming in leh?? CNB waiting..
    1 mth leh.. dun tell me tower hobbies lost ur shipment??

Still waiting for pictures n review leh..

Hi, ours duratrax ice is finally here....dixon will post the reviews soon... keep a lookout......

Comment

Phiber! I'm due to collect it tonight....u be impatient again and I'll not review it.....hahahhahaha...

Not even pictures for u...make u drooll and get one for yourself and try it out!!
      [SIZE="1"]
      [url]www.dxnmedia.net[/url]
      Video Post Production | HD Acquisition | Media Consultant

[/SIZE]

Comment

Dix,

PM to everyone except ...

Comment

Mike, can we arrange a thread that only one person cannot read?
          [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Duratrax ICE Review (vs. Triton perspective)

Alright....here's a quick review after fiddling with it.

I won't go thru the tech data coz I believe most of us hobbyist are smart enough to compare.

Cool features over Triton:

- You can prog your name into the ICE Charger, but not with Triton
            - ZeroPeak feature allows the ICE to automatically determines the best peaking sensitivity. You can disable this feature too & manually set the peak sensitivity like the Triton.
            - Graphs to monitor battery charging progress, and battery cycle (not that I know how to intreprete the data yet!
            - Full control of the internal fan. (auto, off or always on), Triton is fully auto.
            - Programmableb Step charging with timed peaking. Triton no such feature.

Lousy things at a Glance with ICE:

- Tacky & cheap scroll wheel....yucks...feels like a cheapo China product
            - A bit too troublesome to use if you just want to charge your battery with minimal fuss. Triton easier.....change 2 parameters and you're ready to charge.

More to come in detail....after I have time to test charging functions....these days no time to fly, so my batts not used at all...

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Oh yes...just realised that there's no Sealed-Acid battery charging for the ICE. Triton does have that function.

The ICE have seperate Li-Ion and Li-Poly charging menus, but Triton doesn't.
              The only way for triton to distinguish between Li-Ion and Li-Poly charging is the voltage setup.

For those who don't realise, Li-Poly is 0.1v/cell more than Li-Ion.

IE. 2cell Li-Ion is 7.2v & 2cell Li-Poly is 7.4v

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Wah.. u all very evil!!

Hehehe.. nice review! Awaiting more feedback ah..

Comment

More feedback will come towards the weekend when I have to re-peak & cycle my NiMH cells for my VE flight.

Anyways, if u are waiting for Lipo charging reviews, i think it'll be very difficult lar....coz I dun use a lot of lipos nowadays....

Frankly speaking, if you aren't looking for fancy features, a Triton will be more than sufficient....and if NiMH cells are of no concern to you, just go get the Apache2500 from Mack....it's bloody good for a Lipo only charger.

And I think the ICE is designed for racing guys in mind....not for much for flyers.
                  [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Hehe.. i'm more curious about the graphs ma..

Comment

Half the time u can't be bothered to read the graph unless u start to find problems with the cells and you need to monitor the health....otherwise, I won't even want to waste time trying to intreprete it....
                      [SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

i have the same feeling about ice like what dixon say. is more for racer not flyer......... but never the less.... is over all a good charger....

Comment

Tested on charging my lipo packs today....it seems like the charging algorithm is better than Triton...more consistent in timing, unlike the Triton which will tend to terminate/pause charging for a long moment.....The ICE almost feels like an Apache with LCD screen....

Very pleased with it's functions on lipo at this moment...wait till i test out the punch and current delivery tomm when I get a chance...

[SIZE="1"]

[/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                          X