Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lipo Used For Your Trex 500

Hi guys,

Care to share wat brand, mah n discharge rate u r using for your Trex 500?

I'm getting the Trex 500, but dunno wat type of 6S batt to use.

Thanks for your input

I'm using Vplus 6s1p/2600mAh/30C sold by Century-rc.

You may want to try out Skyhobbies's Desire 6s1p/2500mAh/25C. Its lighter by about 60g from Vplus if their stated weight is true.

Comment

We have tried 2 x 3S FP2500 25C. Power is better that the Align 6S. Or you could try 6S FP2500 25C. Same result. Reason for using 2x3S is because of Trex450.

Comment

For Vplus 6s1p/2600mAh/30C, it is usable.
        Personally, how everyone rates the lipo is very subjective because they have different expectations, length of usage, and skills, to really give a good gauge.

I have gone through 25 cycles on 2 of them and 5 on the 3rd I have. So far they go for 4½min flights for my normal routine. Recently I can stretch to slightly above 5min because I'm learning piro flights so do nothing but piro.
        The results will be 3.72-3.76 per cell after flight.

Of the 50+ flights I had, never had I any cells unbalanced, and I dont balance charge, instead as usual I'll charge via dean.

As of now I won't say this lipo is confirm worth the money, till I hit 70 flights then would I say that.
        However pls note for the same lipo, by a different hand for example do nothing but punch up and down the entire 4min flight, the results will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by HotDogBun View Post
          You may want to try out Skyhobbies's Desire 6s1p/2500mAh/25C. Its lighter by about 60g from Vplus if their stated weight is true.
          But is 25C good enough?

Comment

Originally posted by sbc View Post
            We have tried 2 x 3S FP2500 25C. Power is better that the Align 6S. Or you could try 6S FP2500 25C. Same result. Reason for using 2x3S is because of Trex450.

I need to buy some more Lipos for my 450 but would like to use them for a 500 later, is there any disadvantage to use 2 X 3s over a 6s? How do you charge them? As a 6s or seperately?

Comment

Whatever lipo you use, you may also wanna consider the weight for COG on both your 450 and 500 heli.

Comment

Originally posted by PAFB View Post
                I need to buy some more Lipos for my 450 but would like to use them for a 500 later, is there any disadvantage to use 2 X 3s over a 6s? How do you charge them? As a 6s or seperately?
                There was a debate here on using 2 x 3S or 6S better, u can search for them.
                As for the charging, it is better to charge as 6S if u want to use it on the 500. But for the 450, it doesn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                  But is 25C good enough?
                  For me, who can only do tick tock, 25c is good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn View Post
                    There was a debate here on using 2 x 3S or 6S better, u can search for them.
                    As for the charging, it is better to charge as 6S if u want to use it on the 500. But for the 450, it doesn't matter

OK, thanks

Comment

I still in the middle of building my trex500 heheh. For me no choice. Limited budget so gonna just use 3s x 2 lipos.

Some people say actually its only the series connector that kinda brings down the power compared to 6s cos of the resistance in long wiring.

So I was thinking I will not buy those readymade series connectors that look so long. Shorter wires got less resistance so maybe I will make one stumpy short wired series connector of my own. Maybe you can try that first also.

Comment

Originally posted by nacar View Post
                        thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by Lplate View Post
                          I still in the middle of building my trex500 heheh. For me no choice. Limited budget so gonna just use 3s x 2 lipos.

Some people say actually its only the series connector that kinda brings down the power compared to 6s cos of the resistance in long wiring.

So I was thinking I will not buy those readymade series connectors that look so long. Shorter wires got less resistance so maybe I will make one stumpy short wired series connector of my own. Maybe you can try that first also.
                          haha, let me know how's the result. My Trex500 is not even here yet.

Comment

Originally posted by nacar View Post
                            long time no see bro, see tat u r progressing well.

25C is already gd 4 many many maneuvers with e stock motor or even e scorpion 1600. 4 my case, it's e pilot limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by balance_mind View Post
                              long time no see bro, see tat u r progressing well.

25C is already gd 4 many many maneuvers with e stock motor or even e scorpion 1600. 4 my case, it's e pilot limitation.
                              Yo bro. Long time no see. Now I see you kena poisoned by car

I progressing very slowly. Can do tail down tick tock only. But tick tock continously 4 to5 times and the heli wants to fly away. Think my fingers not straight Now also just learning inverted head in hovering. But must use MT and my Gaui 200v2 to train. T500 too stable for training hovering, can sleep

Comment

Working...
                              X