X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GWS lipo(2cell)

hi

i have a GWS lipo , 2cell 7.4v, 10c .

I am not sure how much amp is it givining out, per session.

And i dun have a ampmeter. any one has any idea how much is it ?
    Plane need plasters too. Coz they injure too, just like human

ideally if you have a 1200mah lipo at 10c

= 1200 x 10 = 12amps

some batts can have burst up to 12 c and continues draw of 10c

some just say 10c but actual fact 6c

so becareful how much you draw from it.
    i'm a rc sotong. And i know nuts about it.

Comment

thank. mine is 1300mah, 10c. so that mean 13amps.
      But my gws esc 15amp, cant be used effectively .

Originally posted by fuse
      ideally if you have a 1200mah lipo at 10c

= 1200 x 10 = 12amps

some batts can have burst up to 12 c and continues draw of 10c

some just say 10c but actual fact 6c

so becareful how much you draw from it.
      Plane need plasters too. Coz they injure too, just like human

Comment

The amp draw is depends on the load, if the motor draw an average of 10 A then the lipo will try to meet the requirement. A low C lipo will result in significant drop in voltage if the amp draw is > than its design capacity, While a high C lipo will able to provide the current draw without significant drop in voltage. At extreme case of over load, the sudden draw in high current will damage the lipo.

The ESC is the limiting factor of how much the current will be supply to the motor. a 15A ESC will allow max of 15+- amp current supply to the motor. Anything more will blow the ESC. So a high amp ESC with a low C battery will tends to damage the battery, while the other way round will cause damage to the ESC. Of cause now aday most ESC have build in over current protection device to cut off the motor before any damage can take place. My advise is to get correct configuration of motor and gearbox to limit the load (current draw) on the ESC and battery.

Buy a cheap panel mount amp meter is cheap ($10) from SLT use it as a general guide for your motor setup will help to optimize the motor, ESC and battery performance.

Hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by loyn
          Buy a cheap panel mount amp meter is cheap ($10) from SLT use it as a general guide for your motor setup will help to optimize the motor, ESC and battery performance.
          Sorry to hijack thread.

Can you teach me how it works? I mean, to measure the important detail like amp draw etc and how to correlate this with gears and props. You have a pic of the said amp meter? Sorry but I don't know much about this.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers!
          For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Amp Drawn

Originally posted by loyn
            The amp draw is depends on the load, if the motor draw an average of 10 A then the lipo will try to meet the requirement. A low C lipo will result in significant drop in voltage if the amp draw is > than its design capacity, While a high C lipo will able to provide the current draw without significant drop in voltage. At extreme case of over load, the sudden draw in high current will damage the lipo.

The ESC is the limiting factor of how much the current will be supply to the motor. a 15A ESC will allow max of 15+- amp current supply to the motor. Anything more will blow the ESC. So a high amp ESC with a low C battery will tends to damage the battery, while the other way round will cause damage to the ESC. Of cause now aday most ESC have build in over current protection device to cut off the motor before any damage can take place. My advise is to get correct configuration of motor and gearbox to limit the load (current draw) on the ESC and battery.

Hope it helps
            Hi Loyn,

Great suggestions, however was wondering how would you
            measure the amp drawn with a cheap panel mount amp meter ?
            Maybe you would like to post a picture of the panel amp meter , that would be great help ....Thanks

Comment

will try to post some pic once my digital camera is back from repair sorry guys

Comment

Originally posted by Mad Armour
                Sorry to hijack thread.

Can you teach me how it works? I mean, to measure the important detail like amp draw etc and how to correlate this with gears and props. You have a pic of the said amp meter? Sorry but I don't know much about this.

Thanks for reading.

Cheers!
                MA,

Its very difficult to teach over the net on this issue. But first u got to read up on the followings, Ohm's law, mechanical power, aerodynamics

Comment

Hi

According to GWS web site

their Lipo battery can only sustain 6C continuous discharge. And should be 8C max. I also owning a couple of these battery.
                  Akro 804M(GP to EP), Built by Mr Bong in 1985, a gift from Daniel Soon - KIA
                  Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no1, eated by tree
                  Phoenix Domino Trainer (EP) no2, maiden on 17 Oct 09 at Anchorvale
                  Clouds Fly(EP), convert to night flyer?
                  Heli
                  Honey Bee Fp flight time - 110 hrs : Pass on to Invisible Angel for him to practice
                  Hirobo GPH346 flight time - alot of CP 15% liao

Comment

Originally posted by X34
                    MA,

Its very difficult to teach over the net on this issue. But first u got to read up on the followings, Ohm's law, mechanical power, aerodynamics
                    Any suggested links? Hopefully in simple language for a layman. Thanks.
                    For some people it's important to show what they have, for others it's sufficient to know that they have it.

Comment

Nothing complicated.

A larger load will require more energy, in this case, current from the battery.

Two things determine the load, the size and pitch of the prop.

Gears reduce the load, allowing you to use bigger props. .

If you want to get a ammeter, get a clamp one. Alot more convinient. You just put the meter round the wires and it measures the current flowing through.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
                        Nothing complicated.

A larger load will require more energy, in this case, current from the battery.

Two things determine the load, the size and pitch of the prop.

Gears reduce the load, allowing you to use bigger props. .

If you want to get a ammeter, get a clamp one. Alot more convinient. You just put the meter round the wires and it measures the current flowing through.
                        Thanks for your explanation! So am I right to say the amp draw is the current at WOT?

And the clampmeter is something like this?

Comment

Yup, that is. Nice one too.. Buying one?

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
                            Yup, that is. Nice one too.. Buying one?
                            Er......soon but not this one. The Fluke is pocket busting.

Comment

Ya I want that too....if I have the $$$$$$$ that is why end up using panel meter

Comment

Working...
                              X