Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lipo use in transmitter

Hi,

new to RC... anyone mod their transmitter batt to Lipo.heard is hasslefree. Currently I am having Futaba 6Ex 2.4 Transmitter... Thnking of moding the batt to Lipo....

need some advise.... cheers!!

Originally posted by naggyfatman View Post
    Hi,

new to RC... anyone mod their transmitter batt to Lipo.heard is hasslefree. Currently I am having Futaba 6Ex 2.4 Transmitter... Thnking of moding the batt to Lipo....

Ya, I have my Fataba 6EXA modified to Lipo battery. Modification works were not to difficult. But I have lost 2 lipo in 4 months due to forgotten to switch off TX. Not sure if others got the same experience as me.

Comment

currently, im using and last me a very very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by naggyfatman View Post
        Hi,

You just need to get the appropriate connector to suit your Li-Po battery; usually either a Deans connector or the more popular JST connector. Then solder this connector to the correct positive/negative terminals on your TX's batt compartment, and you're ready to connect your Li-Po.

But note that you cannot use the TX charging socket for re-charging the Li-Po... have to take out for Li-Po for re-charging externally. This is a small inconvenience, for the advantage of longer TX battery life using Li-Pos.

I'm using 3s Li-Po for my TX, originally powered by 9.6V NiMH...
        ------------------------------
        Airworthy: FMS Mini Trojan, Cloudsfly, BF-109 Funfighter, HK Mini Stick, Flasher 450 Pro, Mini Titan v2, E-Flite Blade MCPx.
        NIB: Multiplex FunCub, HK T-45.

Comment

Bro, I'm using a DN tx lipo which comes with connectors for Futaba (my old 9Cap) and JR (current JR 9303). Should save you some trouble from the modding.
          Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

lipo in tx

thanks bro protyne...

will it fits nicely in the TX? will the lipo be too thick?? where to buy and wats the damage bro??

thanks in advance..

Comment

Originally posted by rainstorm View Post
              thanks bro protyne...

will it fits nicely in the TX? will the lipo be too thick?? where to buy and wats the damage bro??

thanks in advance..
              This is what I am using.

http://www.jethobby.com.sg/cgi-bin/e...53&idx=1&gid=4
              Practice makes permanent. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

As much as possible, support LHS.

Without the support of vendor / LHS, there wouldnt be this forum.

Comment

TX lipo

I'm using tis type for my Sanwa MXA TX
                  got another stick type for my Sanwa FHSS RDS8000.
                  Both 3 cell. Modded the connector/plug to Std servo plug.
                  Flying RC is like dating a girl...;)

Comment

Originally posted by HZM View Post
                    As much as possible, support LHS.

Without the support of vendor / LHS, there wouldnt be this forum.
                    Totally agree with this !!!

Sometimes the LHS doesn't carries what you're eyeing at online shops, but by nicely asking the LHS shop owner, you be surprised to find that he is most willing to specially order in your request !

I would like to Thank Moh (Jet Hobby) for bringing in my 72" WS dream !
                    <<>>
                    Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Opps !

...forgot to also mention Ammo (RCS) for the full metal bling for my Swift !
                      ...Thanks bro !
                      Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                      X