Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where to get average performance(CHEAP) sub-c packs?

Collapse

Zenm Tech Pte Ltd

Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to get average performance(CHEAP) sub-c packs?

Looking at getting batteries for the engine starter. Since its just for the engine starter, I suppose I don't need those expensive high end 4000++mah nimh. Something in the region of around 2000mah and 7.2v/8.4v would be great, I suppose. Any suggestion on a good place to get from?

sigpic

Guys,

I am a novice in this stuff.

Just bought a 4wd remote control truck from mustafa for $138.

it comes with a GP 7.2V 1600mah stick pack of 6 sub-c battery

but it gives only 45 mins of playtime for my kid

i am thinking of buying a 4000+ mah stick pack but i think it would cost around the region of $80

i am not so prepared to pay so much for a battery so i am exploring alternatives for the sub-c stick pack

i have experimented with 6 AA sanyo enelope battery to get 7.2V but the performance is not good. because the effect is: jerk, jerk, jerk, jerk, move...........

i am not sure whether it is becuase the current output of the sanyo battery is too low. (wasted 5 bucks to buy battery holder )

can anyone tell me whether the following can or is likely to work:

Alternative 1) maha power D size battery packed in a battery holder of 6 (i quoted maha power because i got some maha power D size battery)

Alternative 2) sealed lead acidic battery (i know they come in 6v and 12v but i am not sure whether they have 7.2v)

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Maybe should try to use some old 2s pack. Im using it on my hand starter.

Haven't seen much nimh pack under 2000mah, usually only nicd. However i think GP2200 sells for about $15/pair. If you are not particular, there are always 2nd hand packs available in RCtech.

For a little more i would get the EP4600 at $9 per cell from RCS. Some soldering would be required

Comment

Originally posted by Mustank View Post
        Guys,

I am a novice in this stuff.

Just bought a 4wd remote control truck from mustafa for $138.

it comes with a GP 7.2V 1600mah stick pack of 6 sub-c battery

but it gives only 45 mins of playtime for my kid

i am thinking of buying a 4000+ mah stick pack but i think it would cost around the region of $80

i am not so prepared to pay so much for a battery so i am exploring alternatives for the sub-c stick pack

i have experimented with 6 AA sanyo enelope battery to get 7.2V but the performance is not good. because the effect is: jerk, jerk, jerk, jerk, move...........

i am not sure whether it is becuase the current output of the sanyo battery is too low. (wasted 5 bucks to buy battery holder )

can anyone tell me whether the following can or is likely to work:

Alternative 1) maha power D size battery packed in a battery holder of 6 (i quoted maha power because i got some maha power D size battery)

Alternative 2) sealed lead acidic battery (i know they come in 6v and 12v but i am not sure whether they have 7.2v)

Thanks in advance!
        I think 45mins of run time is already very long. The motor and electronics needs a break as well

You should not be weighing down on the car. Going lipo will definitely increase your run time.

Comment

thank you very much

i think lipo is really out for me

my kids love to trash the control car, chiong water, sand, grass, curb

i need something that is hardy and safe for the kids

i heard abt RCS's EP Sub-c selling at 6 for $50

but i think they don sell in a stick pack of 6. he told me sometime in Sep, stick packs of 6 will come in. this will be one of the alternatives.....

btw, i want to also check, can i anyhow change the motor of the control car?

the motor compartment looks very assessible. just 2 screws.

i am wondering whether i can can to 2 high torque motors because the car performance on grass isnt great

Comment

Where To Get A Decent Price For Batt Tester?

Any Knows?pm Me
            above all!!take over the sky!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mustank View Post
              thank you very much

i think lipo is really out for me

my kids love to trash the control car, chiong water, sand, grass, curb

i need something that is hardy and safe for the kids

i heard abt RCS's EP Sub-c selling at 6 for $50

but i think they don sell in a stick pack of 6. he told me sometime in Sep, stick packs of 6 will come in. this will be one of the alternatives.....

btw, i want to also check, can i anyhow change the motor of the control car?

the motor compartment looks very assessible. just 2 screws.

i am wondering whether i can can to 2 high torque motors because the car performance on grass isnt great
              It is said that the lower the KV on the motor the higher torque it'll have. You must know what motor you are using cos they varies in size. Most common type would be 540.

Anyway no truck run great on grass. So if its that you are worried there in no point changing the motor.

Comment

thank you

i think i must really moderate my expectations

yesterday my son brought it out to chiong a log puddle of water up to thr wheels, my kid was

the truck is really quite heavy duty

i don know the motor number but i will check....see whether they got print anything at the side of the motor

Comment

Originally posted by baby_zyklon View Post
                  Looking at getting batteries for the engine starter. Since its just for the engine starter, I suppose I don't need those expensive high end 4000++mah nimh. Something in the region of around 2000mah and 7.2v/8.4v would be great, I suppose. Any suggestion on a good place to get from?
                  Bro, I tot starters are usually 12V-13V DC? Anyway, I used to use those old 2200mah 3S HXT lipos for my starter when I'm flying nitro back than. They works great and last me almost a lifetime till my next charge
                  [SIZE=1][B]Back to hovering!!![/B][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                  X