Collapse

Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Branded lipo caught fire

hi mike here (owner of the said battery). after examining the down heli, i think super hornet is right. damage main shaft (25 degrees bent), main n tail gears, fiber tail boom and canopy, rest of item all intact. there are some deep scratch mark on the motor (scorpion 2221-8) so i think it is most likely human error, battery balancer cable too close to the motor fan inlet, got caught n flung out (this little fella may look small but hell don't be fool by the size) . so guys make sure all cables are properly tied down and away from any moving parts. very expensive lesson but thank god no one got hurt. battery explode in mid air, nah don't think so. by the way battery is tp-v2 third cycle, damn that guy is good, how the heck could he tell it is tp-v2 (must be a battery mortician)

mike signing off.

Comment

Originally posted by mike
      hi mike here (owner of the said battery). after examining the down heli, i think super hornet is right. damage main shaft (25 degrees bent), main n tail gears, fiber tail boom and canopy, rest of item all intact. there are some deep scratch mark on the motor (scorpion 2221-8) so i think it is most likely human error, battery balancer cable too close to the motor fan inlet, got caught n flung out (this little fella may look small but hell don't be fool by the size) . so guys make sure all cables are properly tied down and away from any moving parts. very expensive lesson but thank god no one got hurt. battery explode in mid air, nah don't think so. by the way battery is tp-v2 third cycle, damn that guy is good, how the heck could he tell it is tp-v2 (must be a battery mortician)

mike signing off.

He can read the battery by the colour and shape of the flame.........................

Comment

because i have 4 tp ext v2 and they have the same shape.. lets just say i have used quite alot of lipos to know how they look like

besides, he mentioned it's branded right?..
        For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by RCjoker
          To tell the truth, I do not really know him
          I met him only twice in the field.

What is tpv2?
          thunder power v2?

Comment

How come Super Hornet so power .... really good ... don even need to go down to investigate and he knows the cause of the problem. Kudos ..

Comment

Sorry to interrupt this thread..

Hi Mike, did you receive my PM? I've got some enquiries.. Thanks.
              Fixed-Wing
              GWS Zero
              Fliton Extra 260
              Hacker SuperZoom 4D
              Thunder Tiger Velocity
              Scratchbuilt Depron Profile Extra 300
              Thunder Tiger SuperCub (RIP - Resting In Pieces)
              Scratchbuilt Lama Plane
              RICCS Mirage 2000 #1 (RIP)
              RICCS Mirage 2000 #2

Rotorcraft
              Thunder Tiger Mini-T
              Esky HBK2
              Esky Lama V4 w/SuperShaft

Radio
              JR-9XPS

Comment

Sorry bro check pm but no message received.

Originally posted by xeqouz
                Sorry to interrupt this thread..

Hi Mike, did you receive my PM? I've got some enquiries.. Thanks.

Comment

Sorry bro check pm but no message received.
                  Think he refer to HZM -> Mike
                  Share the joy of flying . . .

Comment

Originally posted by johndyl
                    because i have 4 tp ext v2 and they have the same shape.. lets just say i have used quite alot of lipos to know how they look like

besides, he mentioned it's branded right?..
                    Don't be too modest John, I think you can tell by the colour and shape of the flame, the size and colour of the burnt mark on the floor, the pattern that the ashes was scattered, the decolouration of the external wrapper, the manner in which light from the flame was refracted by the camera lens ..........

Comment

dun need CSI la

color and shape of flame shld be abt the same for all lipos, pretty much the same chemistry

color of external wrapper and how the pack was wired were major clues. plus it was mentioned as branded..

to most in singapore, branded lipos are TP, FP, polyquest and maybe kP.. so it really was not difficult to figure out.

i think most that have read the thread also thought TP extreme in their minds but just didnt bother to post.. but i just happened to.. so nothing to it la
                      Originally posted by traderghost
                      Don't be too modest John, I think you can tell by the colour and shape of the flame, the size and colour of the burnt mark on the floor, the pattern that the ashes was scattered, the decolouration of the external wrapper, the manner in which light from the flame was refracted by the camera lens ..........
                      For sale

trex 700/ 12mm main shaft swash leveller. carbon type $22 only new

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn
                        thunder power v2?
                        Ok thanks...now I know.. never own this battery before so I thought it's thunder tiger but it's thunder power
                        Raptor 50 Titan
                        Full Kasama Head and tail upgrade
                        Futaba GY502
                        Align 2 in 1 regulator
                        MP5
                        RevMax Governor
                        Futaba S9254 digital servo

Mini Titan
                        Full metal head and tail upgrade
                        Jeti 44 ESC
                        Carbon rotor and tail blade
                        Hitec 65HB x 3
                        Futaba S9257
                        Futaba GY401

Walkera HM 60B
                        Carbon rotor and tail blade
                        Full metal head and tail upgrade
                        3D capable

Walkera 4#3B
                        2.4GHz TX
                        Flying in my room during rainning days

Walkera HM 5-4
                        Mini Park Flyer
                        JR PCM 9X II

Comment

Wah when was this?? when did it happen?? Lipo are Dangerous stuff man.. Human error, machine Error, Electronic Error.. May cause it to explode??

BTW. How did the guy got the batt out of the heli? was it remove while it burn or before it burn?

Comment

Originally posted by tucfaz
                            Wah when was this?? when did it happen?? Lipo are Dangerous stuff man.. Human error, machine Error, Electronic Error.. May cause it to explode??

BTW. How did the guy got the batt out of the heli? was it remove while it burn or before it burn?
                            errrr bro, think he mentioned that it was human error that the batt cables was in contact with the motor, which caused the short-circuiting b4 the batt was flung away by the explosion reaction.

mike signing off.

Comment

Yar lor.. Which is what I've mention.. Human error.. Meaning.. Danger in such that it can be cause by human error.. Over charging.. It burns.. Dean not soldered properly, and it got contact with metal. it burns.

Originally posted by jansonfinn
                              errrr bro, think he mentioned that it was human error that the batt cables was in contact with the motor, which caused the short-circuiting b4 the batt was flung away by the explosion reaction.

Comment

Working...
                              X