Visit Zenmtech at rc.zenmtech.com

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ideal Charging Amphere

Hello Fellow Enthusiasts,

I would like to ask if there is a table that is availble for us to refer to when charging batteries.

I have a 1900mAh MiMH and would like to know what the ideal charging/discharging amp should be...

Thank you.

If i remember correctly, ideally MiMHs should be trickle charged i.e very small current. But it takes a long time. Also, they should be fully discharged before charging.

Comment

Which means to say I will actually need to set the charging amp at a very small amount to stimulate trickle charging?

Comment

Nimh should not be trickle charged - trickle charging will cause it to overcharge and explode!!!

Nimh battery had evolved. Nimh batt such as GP 3XXX, GP1XXX, Sanyo 3XXX, intellect 3XXX, 4XXX - requires minimum charging amp of 1C otherwise it would not peak while charging.

Need more details of your batt and charger before advicing on ideal charging amp.

Comment

Originally posted by X34
          Nimh should not be trickle charged - trickle charging will cause it to overcharge and explode!!!

Nimh battery had evolved. Nimh batt such as GP 3XXX, GP1XXX, Sanyo 3XXX, intellect 3XXX, 4XXX - requires minimum charging amp of 1C otherwise it would not peak while charging.

Need more details of your batt and charger before advicing on ideal charging amp.
          Evolved? wat about the fully discharge thingy? Issit still there?

Comment

Originally posted by jansonfinn
            What about the fully discharge thingy got to do with charging?

Comment

Originally posted by X34
              What about the fully discharge thingy got to do with charging?
              I think he is referring to the 'memory' effect of NiCd batteries
              Don't PCW

Beam E4
              Flybarless Trex 600N VBAR 4.0 | OS50 Hyper
              Trex 700 LE | YS91SR3C

Comment

X34 is right ! ...the latest version of NiMh should NOT be trickle charged ! ...they would not peak if you do !

...the fully discharge thingy is something you'll do with oldies NiCd batteries as they have the so called memory effect.

Aiyah ! ...so mah fan ! ...just go and buy a standard AA charger for about $30 ...GP got, Sanyo got, Panasonic also got, ...in fact a whole bunch of other AA batteries brands also have at Sim Lim Tower and Sq !
                These will charge your 1900 Mah in about 5 hrs, ...the more expensive one are even better ! they can charge your batteries in 1/2 hr and boast of individual cell monitoring/charging
                Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

NiMh Charging bulletin from Spektrum

Comment

Originally posted by Ghostfit
                    X34 is right ! ...the latest version of NiMh should NOT be trickle charged ! ...they would not peak if you do !

...the fully discharge thingy is something you'll do with oldies NiCd batteries as they have the so called memory effect.

Aiyah ! ...so mah fan ! ...just go and buy a standard AA charger for about $30 ...GP got, Sanyo got, Panasonic also got, ...in fact a whole bunch of other AA batteries brands also have at Sim Lim Tower and Sq !
                    These will charge your 1900 Mah in about 5 hrs, ...the more expensive one are even better ! they can charge your batteries in 1/2 hr and boast of individual cell monitoring/charging
                    Sorry, pardon my ignorance.

Comment

Originally posted by X34

Hi X34,

Actaully its a 1900mAh Nicd, and I'm using a Tahmazo T15....

Comment

Originally posted by helirulz
                        I think he is referring to the 'memory' effect of NiCd batteries
                        yup, this is wat i'm referring to.

Comment

Originally posted by chin
                          Hi X34,

Actaully its a 1900mAh Nicd, and I'm using a Tahmazo T15....
                          If your Nicad batt is a sub C type, charging amp abt 2. If it is a A batt ( bigger than AA size) 0.5 to 0.8 amps.

If it is a brand new pack or a seldom use pack, it may give you a false fully charged while charging. It would be good to do at least 3 discharge and charge cycle. This is to "wake up" the cells.

Comment

yup, this is wat i'm referring to.
                            jansonfinn

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieu
                              Sorry, pardon my ignorance.
                              No worries bro, ...we're all here to learn and share !
                              Seriously running out of ...Storage space !

Comment

Working...
                              X