• Show
Clear All

Chargering of Li-po batt

Hi,

Need help can the 1500m Li-po batt charger at 1.5A rate
    I'm using the Prolux 3834 charger?

thx for reply
    flaming

Can. No problem. But one minor design fault in Prolux charger.

It do not have cooling fan build in. So, if u charge at 1.5A, the charger will get hot. If your charger is in warm area (Or no air con), it sometime goes thermal shutdown and u will hear the charger goes initialize mode again. Your battery do not get full charge.

To quick such problem is to either charge at lower current (But it take more than 2 hours? to get full charge) or u still charge at 1.5A put a small computer fan near the openning or blow fans to it.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet

It do not have cooling fan build in. So, if u charge at 1.5A, the charger will get hot. If your charger is in warm area (Or no air con), it sometime goes thermal shutdown and u will hear the charger goes initialize mode again. Your battery do not get full charge.

To quick such problem is to either charge at lower current (But it take more than 2 hours? to get full charge) or u still charge at 1.5A put a small computer fan near the openning or blow fans to it.

Super-Hornet

If I use 1.5A to change my 1500m li-po batt will it spoil the batt & how about 1500m charge on 2.0A rate

Thx alot to answer my question (Super-Hornet )
      flaming

Comment

Charging at 1C should not have any problem for nowadays Li-Poly. Try not to charge more than 1C. Yes, u can reduce the charging time by charging more than 1Cs (E.g. Charging 2A onto a 1.5AH battery) BUT Extreme caution is require. Not recommended! Futhermore, the flight time is shorter than if u charge at more than 1C (But how much shorter, that, I didn't compare).

Super-Hornet

Comment

Originally posted by Super-Hornet

Super-Hornet

Hi Super-Hornet ,

Are u using the prolux charger & how do u mod the fan into your charger any pic thx...
          flaming

Comment

Too lazy to mod. I just connect a computer CPU fan to the 12V i/p and just put the fan near the ventilation hole.

Super-Hornet

Comment

Working...
            X